Shoutbox

Screenshot Sender - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Screenshot Sender (/showthread.php?tid=53165)

Screenshot Sender by Kowell on 11-21-2005 at 09:12 PM

I often see talk about screenshot senders but what exactly does they do?

RE: Screenshot Sender by Dempsey on 11-21-2005 at 09:14 PM

Screenshot Sender is a Plugin I made which allows you to quickly and easily send Screenshots to your contacts.

It has loads of options and lets you save in different file formats and select areas of the screen to send.

RE: Screenshot Sender by Kowell on 11-21-2005 at 09:15 PM

OH....thanks... (I feel kind of stupid for having asked)

RE: Screenshot Sender by Dempsey on 11-21-2005 at 09:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kowell
OH....thanks... (I feel kind of stupid for having asked)
no problem :)  The best way to find out is to ask :)
RE: Screenshot Sender by DJKAL on 11-21-2005 at 10:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey
Screenshot Sender is a Plugin I made.
i love your plugin, good work - maybe it could have webcam record in the next relese as stuffplug's next release isnt for a while now :'( good luck!
RE: Screenshot Sender by matty on 11-21-2005 at 10:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DJKAL
quote:
i love your plugin, good work - maybe it could have webcam record in the next relese as stuffplug's next release isnt for a while now :'( good luck!
Its a screenshot sender not recorder.

MSN Webcam Recorder
RE: Screenshot Sender by DJKAL on 11-22-2005 at 07:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
quote:
Originally posted by DJKAL
quote:
Its a screenshot sender not recorder.

MSN Webcam Recorder

it was an idea thats all :(
RE: Screenshot Sender by auhsor on 11-22-2005 at 01:37 PM

Yeah it happens to be my favourite plug in for Plus! If only it had some drawing tools *wink wink, nudge nudge* :P

RE: Screenshot Sender by Dempsey on 11-22-2005 at 05:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by auhsor
Yeah it happens to be my favourite plug in for Plus! If only it had some drawing tools *wink wink, nudge nudge* :P
i have some drawing tools in the latest version, but I never got around to releasing it, I will once I've sorted out a few things.
RE: Screenshot Sender by auhsor on 11-23-2005 at 03:59 AM

Thats good to hear :)

RE: Screenshot Sender by Salem on 11-24-2005 at 04:03 PM

I just thought i would post that i think Screenshot Sender (SSS) is a wonderfull plugin. However, i have found a problem. When it was installed on my pc, and i shut down or reboot my computer, MSN Messenger does not close properly. And the get the whole "End Task" thing. As soon as i removed SSS, this was fine again

I hope this can be fixed.

Salem

RE: Screenshot Sender by DJKAL on 11-24-2005 at 04:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Salem
When it was installed on my pc, and i shut down or reboot my computer, MSN Messenger does not close properly. And the get the whole "End Task" thing. As soon as i removed SSS, this was fine again

I hope this can be fixed.

Salem
same ere - until now i didnt no wot was causing the prob - thank Salem - and agreed - hope i tcan be fixed!
RE: Screenshot Sender by matty on 11-24-2005 at 04:26 PM

Simple enough to fix, should be fixed in the next version.

RE: Screenshot Sender by user27089 on 11-24-2005 at 04:29 PM

That's what that was :p... I had the same problem for ages until I deleted Screenshot Sender from my computer, I just thought it was the beta that I was using...

RE: RE: Screenshot Sender by Salem on 11-24-2005 at 04:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
That's what that was :p... I had the same problem for ages until I deleted Screenshot Sender from my computer, I just thought it was the beta that I was using...

Is it out of Beta yet?
RE: Screenshot Sender by CookieRevised on 11-25-2005 at 03:34 PM

@Kowell:

quote:
Originally posted by Kowell
I often see talk about screenshot senders but what exactly does they do?
A screenshot is a picture taken from your Windows desktop  or from a specific area of your screen, as you currently see it.

A screenshot sender would therefore be a program which takes such screenshots and (automatically) send this to someone.

The benefit from such programs is that you do not need to:
1) take the screenshot yourself
2) open up a graphics program
3) paste the taken screenshot as a new image
4) save the new image as a graphics file
5) send the graphics file to someone

Instead, such programs do all this (or most of it) automatically with the press of one button.

Dempsey has made a plugin for Messenger Plus! which does exactly that and which sends the screenshot to the contact of your choice (link to this plugin provided by Dempsey in his first post...).

--------------------------------------------------------------

@others:

For specific questions or comments regarding a specific plugin, please refer to the thread about that plugin.

For Dempsey's Screenshot Sender refer to and ask your questions in: "Update to Screenshot Sender 3 Beta - 3.0.555"....

It is very confusing for developpers (and others who seek support) if questions are asked, or comments are given, about specific software outside the main threads.

The thread's topic was about screenshots and screenshot senders in general and what they are and what they do (which wasn't answered), not about specific problems with Dempsey's  Screenshot Sender.