Shoutbox

[Suggestion]Video Clip - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: [Suggestion]Video Clip (/showthread.php?tid=53169)

[Suggestion]Video Clip by aC23 on 11-21-2005 at 11:49 PM

Video Clip - same as Voice clip, but with Video.
That feature would be the best ever :D

RE: [Suggestion]Video Clip by kierant on 11-21-2005 at 11:57 PM

Er, yeah I'd have to agree with you on this, could be quite useful. I wouldn't be surprised if it was officially implemented at one stage.

RE: [Suggestion]Video Clip by Menthix on 11-22-2005 at 12:02 AM

Would kill MEssenger Plus! servers at this point. Would even be hard for Microsoft to pull it of i think. But would sure be nice.

RE: [Suggestion]Video Clip by kierant on 11-22-2005 at 12:46 AM

Yeah I don't think it's much of a go-er on the Plus! side of things but I think it could be easy for Microsoft to do. I assume it would follow pretty much exactly the same principles as the voice clips regarding codingand implementation (but what would I know!)?

RE: [Suggestion]Video Clip by Matti on 11-22-2005 at 05:39 PM

I think that would overload the servers. Voice Clips are not so big, but video's are lots bigger. And last but not least, it takes a lot of time untill the video is uploaded to the server and then your contact has to download it... :S
But the idea isn't bad at all... :)

RE: [Suggestion]Video Clip by Millenium_edition on 11-22-2005 at 06:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mattike
I think that would overload the servers. Voice Clips are not so big, but video's are lots bigger. And last but not least, it takes a lot of time untill the video is uploaded to the server and then your contact has to download it... :S
But the idea isn't bad at all... :)
the difference is that voice clips are not first sent to the servers (unless you're using a messenger server as a proxy between you and your contact) but directly to your contact. which means that you get a speed increase.
RE: [Suggestion]Video Clip by aC23 on 11-23-2005 at 05:51 AM

I'm sure if the videos are highly compressed before being sent, the size difference wouldn't be too big... besides, if it's only a 10 second clip, how big can it already be?