Shoutbox

Boos Protection doesn't work. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Boos Protection doesn't work. (/showthread.php?tid=53170)

Boos Protection doesn't work. by Dragular on 11-22-2005 at 12:51 AM

As the title says, Boss ptotection doesn't work, when I press the shortcut all it does is minimize the windows (Main and Conv.) That's all I can reopen them like normal after that. It is the right shortcut I am sure and I tried reinstalling MSN Messenger and Messenger Plus.

PLease Halp :)
Thank you.

RE: Boos Protection doesn't work. by qgroessl on 11-22-2005 at 01:23 AM

It sounds like it's working right to me?... Do you want it to be password protected?... If so, that's not possible yet, but we're hoping Patchou can work on this idea because many of us would really like it to be implimented. For now, either stick with boss protection if you're more worried about somebody knowing your on MSN, or if your more worried about somebody getting on your MSN and screwing with it, use the Messenger Lock feature.

RE: Boos Protection doesn't work. by Dragular on 11-22-2005 at 01:27 AM

No, It doesn't minimize to system tray and change icon. It just minimizes the windows like if I would have done it manually. It doesn't change the icon or anything. Ive been using plus for 3 years. Trust me this is a bug

RE: Boos Protection doesn't work. by mwe99 on 11-22-2005 at 02:02 AM

A reinstall of Plus! should sort this problem. I've had it a few times and after a reinstall - it works fine again.

As you tried this, uninstall Plus, reboot your PC. Redownload and reinstall should provide a clean install.

Also if you post your stats if this doesnt work:

Operation System;
Messenger Version;
Plus Version;

RE: Boos Protection doesn't work. by Dragular on 11-22-2005 at 02:06 AM

Thanks! I uninstalled and installed again. It works! :D Thanks again.