Shoutbox

fire fox help - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: fire fox help (/showthread.php?tid=53183)

fire fox help by Discrate on 11-22-2005 at 11:14 AM

when i update or download a new extesion for firefoz it says i have to restart the browser for it to be working well i closed firefox then re-opened it and it still says i need to restart firefox what do i do?

RE: fire fox help by Reaper on 11-22-2005 at 11:17 AM

try terminating the firefox process from the task manager, then re open firefox

RE: fire fox help by Discrate on 11-22-2005 at 11:18 AM

iv done that it dosent work even when i restart the computer

RE: fire fox help by Reaper on 11-22-2005 at 11:21 AM

what version of firefox are you using?
1.07 or a beta version?

RE: fire fox help by Discrate on 11-22-2005 at 11:21 AM

1.5 beta

RE: fire fox help by Reaper on 11-22-2005 at 11:25 AM

hmm
that might be the problem, the extension might not be supported in the beta version. try downgrading to version 1.07 and see what happens

RE: fire fox help by -dt- on 11-22-2005 at 11:27 AM

oh uh try
close firefox.
go to your profile directory  find your "extensions.rdf"  file and rename it to "extensions.old.rdf"
restart firefox.

:P tell me if that fixes it

quote:
Originally posted by Reaper
that might be the problem, the extension might not be supported in the beta version. try downgrading to version 1.07 and see what happens

no , ive had this happen in everything > 1.0  and downgrading wont solve it , before 1.5 i used to just create a new profile but now extensions are handled differently so deleting /renaming the extensions.rdf normally fixes such problems
RE: fire fox help by hmaster on 11-22-2005 at 11:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by joelm
1.5 beta
get RC3?
http://download.mozilla.org/?product=firefox-1.5rc3&os=win&lang=en-US

RE: fire fox help by Reaper on 11-22-2005 at 11:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by -dt-
oh uh try
close firefox.
go to your profile directory  find your "extensions.rdf"  file and rename it to "extensions.old.rdf"
restart firefox.

:P tell me if that fixes it

quote:

no , ive had this happen in everything > 1.0  and downgrading wont solve it , before 1.5 i used to just create a new profile but now extensions are handled differently so deleting /renaming the extensions.rdf normally fixes such problems
true, but when browsing through the extension page, there are extensions not supported by the beta, so he could of mistakenly chosen the one which doesnt support the beta :P
RE: fire fox help by Discrate on 11-22-2005 at 11:37 AM

the extensions i have are supported and yes i do have rc3 and i will try out some of the things you all said thank you for the help. :)

RE: fire fox help by -dt- on 11-22-2005 at 11:39 AM

quote:
true, but when browsing through the extension page, there are extensions not supported by the beta, so he could of mistakenly chosen the one which doesnt support the beta
if they have their max version set the extention wont even install..... :-/ but eh its possible that they have it set to some way high number like adblock does so it will always install :-/