Shoutbox

should people be hanged - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: should people be hanged (/showthread.php?tid=53199)

should people be hanged by Discrate on 11-22-2005 at 10:06 PM

well about in two weeks an aussie will be hanged in singapor ( sorry if i spelt it wrong) for drug trafficing. do you think people should get hanged? i dont think so i think its barbaric. what do you think and vote.

RE: should people be hanged by emit on 11-22-2005 at 10:15 PM

One bullet costs less than a life of imprisonment and court appeals. But I wouldn't advocate it for anything less than murder.

RE: should people be hanged by Discrate on 11-22-2005 at 10:20 PM

hanging should of been left behind in the days of wild west. i dont think its right

RE: should people be hanged by Negro_Joe on 11-22-2005 at 10:30 PM

poeple should have a chance to change. prison doesnt do that its a waste of time. we should try and help criminals, change and make good of what they have...

RE: should people be hanged by ddunk on 11-22-2005 at 11:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by beamy-kitty
No one should be hanged,its against human rights.

But on entering another country,you should abide by their laws as we expect  people to abide by our laws ,if you do plan to break a countries law /s,and you know the consequences of your actions is in someway illegal...no matter how small or big .....don't go to that country or don't break the law.

simple
And what happens when people break those laws?

RE: should people be hanged by L. Coyote on 11-22-2005 at 11:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Time
One bullet costs
more than a rope and a tree. :p

I'm all for legal death sentences (people sentenced to death by a trial).
RE: should people be hanged by Discrate on 11-22-2005 at 11:29 PM

well i think that every country in the world should not hang or kill anyone for breaking the law i think they should just be put in jail like here in australia we have had the death sentece for about 10 or 15 years now

RE: should people be hanged by Hank on 11-22-2005 at 11:33 PM

Personally, i think the lethal Injection is better than "hanging" someone, or Killing someone by a Bullet, you may aswell as be a Murderer if you shoot someone by a Bullet as Time suggests

RE: should people be hanged by Discrate on 11-22-2005 at 11:36 PM

there should be no death penalty even if its a lethal injection

RE: should people be hanged by Hank on 11-22-2005 at 11:39 PM

so is what your saying, that guy that blew up that building in the oaklahoma boming, ( Timothy McVay ) shouldnt have been given the death penalty, even though he killed many people by his stupidity?

RE: should people be hanged by Discrate on 11-22-2005 at 11:59 PM

i no it was stupid but killing someone isnt the answer if you kill someone they would just die with no punishment if you give them life in prison they will get that punishment

RE: should people be hanged by Hank on 11-23-2005 at 12:04 AM

sometimes Killing someone is the answer,  keeping them in prison isnt as its well known for offenders to breakout an re-offend, so in most cases Killing that person can stop them from re-offending

RE: should people be hanged by Plik on 11-23-2005 at 12:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by joelm
i no it was stupid but killing someone isnt the answer if you kill someone they would just die with no punishment if you give them life in prison they will get that punishment
And take up already stretched resources?
The death penalty should be about making people suffer it should be about providing justice, for example say someone raped and killed 10 children you wouldnt want them still walking and breathing on this planet would you?
Its a waste of money and space sending people like that to prison for life.
Although saying that i only believe that someone should be sentanced to death if there is conclusive evidance that they commited the crime, and the crime is murder or child abuse (as in rape).
RE: should people be hanged by emit on 11-23-2005 at 12:09 AM

Hitler didn't deserve to be hanged?

RE: should people be hanged by Discrate on 11-23-2005 at 12:15 AM

ok just u got arrested for murder but u didnt do it but still you were gonna get hanged would u like it?

RE: should people be hanged by ddunk on 11-23-2005 at 12:23 AM

Of course people shouldn't get hanged for not committing a crime but you can't prove the guy in the first post didn't do it.

RE: should people be hanged by wj on 11-23-2005 at 12:35 AM

Hanging (done right) is totally painless. The body will be too much weight and snap the neck. For anyone who's too lite to break there own neck by hanging, I say we just drop em in a volcano. Saves on the cost of disposing of the body.

RE: should people be hanged by Jhrono on 11-23-2005 at 12:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by wj
I say we just drop em in a volcano. Saves on the cost of disposing of the body.
Nice idea..!!
RE: should people be hanged by Voldemort on 11-23-2005 at 01:20 AM

It should be life imprisionment, you can wish death.

RE: should people be hanged by lordy on 11-23-2005 at 01:27 AM

whats the point of killing someone, to teach others that killing people is wrong?

heard that ages ago, it applies here, and i agree with it 100% life imporisonment may be more expensive, but the person pays a greater price for their crimes, its a greater punishment to be alive and not be able to live your life to the fullest, then to not be able to live your life at all

RE: should people be hanged by ShawnZ on 11-23-2005 at 03:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by beamy-kitty
You break a law you suffer the consequences of your actions..

E.G. GETTING HANGED?
RE: should people be hanged by dotNorma on 11-23-2005 at 03:42 AM

People should not be sentenced to death as a meaning of punishment for any crime.

No human should have the right to take away anybodies life regardless of power or reason. I mean we only hear it nonstop, "all human beings were created equall regardless of..." so who are they to decide wether anybody lives or not?

RE: should people be hanged by Ash_ on 11-23-2005 at 04:10 AM

a life for a life, people should die in exactly the same way they killed, of your a serial killer then shot in the elbow and kneecaps and left to die a jail. A life sentence is like 15-20 years today, that is bullcrap.

RE: should people be hanged by Purity on 11-23-2005 at 04:19 AM

people goto jail for 26 years for having sex undersage with a
cuzin.  and the death sentence for killing someone is way
less.  i hate the way the law works, and hte goverment.

RE: should people be hanged by ShawnZ on 11-23-2005 at 04:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Purity
people goto jail for 26 years for having sex undersage with a
cuzin.  and the death sentence for killing someone is way
less.  i hate the way the law works, and hte goverment.

IF THEY LIKED DEATH BETTER THEY COULD KILL THEMSELVES IN JAIL
RE: should people be hanged by steVenB on 11-23-2005 at 04:24 AM

What happens when an innocent man is sentenced to death for a crime he did not commit?

Thats where the problem lies. I agree with some members on this thread, the death penalty should not be used as a form of punishment. 

RE: should people be hanged by Ash_ on 11-23-2005 at 04:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by steVenB
What happens when an innocent man is sentenced to death for a crime he did not commit?

Thats where the problem lies. I agree with some members on this thread, the death penalty should not be used as a form of punishment.

dude, we have DNA these days, the risk of that happening is so tiny, almost not gonna happen ever.
RE: should people be hanged by -rafy- on 11-23-2005 at 04:29 AM

the death penalty is merely state sanctioned murder. Its the state committing the very action they condemn. Cant get any more hypocritical than that.

The world is moving away from the death penalty. The forward thinking countries of the west removed the ultimate sanction decades ago. The savages of the United States southern states and many backward regimes need to abolish it too. The death penalty should never be an option in an advanced and socially evolved society. Singapore is mean to be one of those first world countries.

In case cited in this thread, the sentence that singapore has given Nguyen Tuong Van is grossly out of proportion to the crime commited. The death penalty for drug trafficking is seriously unjustified.

RE: RE: should people be hanged by steVenB on 11-23-2005 at 06:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ash_
quote:
Originally posted by steVenB

dude, we have DNA these days, the risk of that happening is so tiny, almost not gonna happen ever.

Dude, people still go to prison for crimes they haven't committed.
RE: should people be hanged by J.J on 11-23-2005 at 06:14 AM

I believe the death penalty should only be used when somebody has taken a human life.

Why should they be put in jail to live out the rest of their lives?

I don't care how they die, only as long as they feel the same pain that was inflicted upon their victim

I know it sounds harsh, but i have no repsect for people who murder.

RE: should people be hanged by Underlord on 11-23-2005 at 06:55 AM

Why not just let them rott in sub-humain conditions?:D

RE: should people be hanged by user27089 on 11-23-2005 at 07:56 AM

I definitely believe in capital punishment if the criminal definitely deserves it. Gary Glitter is currently in Vietnamese Prison after having sex with a twelve year old, and they're talking about shooting him... I think it's gross what he did, and he's been doing it for years... A guy like him, deserves something like that...

RE: RE: should people be hanged by -rafy- on 11-23-2005 at 08:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Third Dimension
I know it sounds harsh, but i have no repsect for people who murder.

yet you are condoning murder yourself? oh the hipocracy.
RE: RE: should people be hanged by DJKAL on 11-23-2005 at 08:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I definitely believe in capital punishment if the criminal definitely deserves it. Gary Glitter is currently in Vietnamese Prison after having sex with a twelve year old, and they're talking about shooting him... I think it's gross what he did, and he's been doing it for years... A guy like him, deserves something like that...

i never knew this (or heard of the guy:P) but if he did that dam right - kill the fother mucker! its sick! why sentance them to life when we could just sentance them to 1 day of pain and torture which slowly kills them?! if they kill or serious harm 1 or more people then they should suffer more, like th guy above - those 12yr olds are ll now gunna mentally screwed they may never trust a man aagain cos of 1 sicko - kill him!
:) thats my veiw anyway :)
RE: should people be hanged by Pipish on 11-23-2005 at 08:14 AM

of course .

there are so many wankers on this earth if they kill somone they should be killed if they rape or pedofile they should be killed if they hurt animals purposly they should be killed

RE: should people be hanged by DJKAL on 11-23-2005 at 08:20 AM

everything over petty crime like vandalism or car theft {thats not quit petty but not major!} should hjave a pentalty of death

RE: should people be hanged by Underlord on 11-23-2005 at 08:21 AM

They should bring back implements of torture. Sadistic people like that don't care if they are going to die. A lot of the time they would prefer to die than rot in jail for the rest of their lives.