Shoutbox

Webcam on Switch User? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Webcam on Switch User? (/showthread.php?tid=53200)

Webcam on Switch User? by pollolibredegrasa on 11-22-2005 at 10:10 PM

Whenever I switch user then webcam in any convo automatically stops itself - is there any way of stopping this from happeneing, as it can get extremely annoying having to get contacts to reaccept webcam every time I switch user (which can be pretty often at times)?

RE: Webcam on Switch User? by guanako on 11-22-2005 at 10:58 PM

do you mean users accounts on widnows?

RE: Webcam on Switch User? by pollolibredegrasa on 11-22-2005 at 11:20 PM

Yes! Sorry, I meant the Windows XP switch user function :P via the welcome screen

RE: Webcam on Switch User? by guanako on 11-22-2005 at 11:33 PM

i just tried it with a friend, and i beleive its not possible, because its like if you go onto another account and try to use the wab cam two times, it wont be able to send two diff signals trough dif IM's etc. may be if you had two diff webcams and use one for each account.

RE: Webcam on Switch User? by Underlord on 11-23-2005 at 05:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by guanako
i just tried it with a friend, and i beleive its not possible, because its like if you go onto another account and try to use the wab cam two times, it wont be able to send two diff signals trough dif IM's etc. may be if you had two diff webcams and use one for each account.
I think he means it disconnects when he switches to the other account, not when he tries to use webcam on the other account.
RE: Webcam on Switch User? by pollolibredegrasa on 11-23-2005 at 02:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Underlord
I think he means it disconnects when he switches to the other account, not when he tries to use webcam on the other account.

Yes, this is what i mean, sorry to anyone if I wasnt clear enough in my original post :(
RE: Webcam on Switch User? by guanako on 11-23-2005 at 07:25 PM

yeah it cancels automatically when you switch users.