Shoutbox

No logging on Windows Messenger - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: No logging on Windows Messenger (/showthread.php?tid=53207)

No logging on Windows Messenger by krystalevenstar on 11-23-2005 at 01:55 AM

*sigh* I'm always the one that seems to have problems with logging, lol. I was chatting on windows messenger yesterday, because I was having troubles with msn lagging. I had everything checked in Messenger Plus to have my conversations logged in the normal place, (because I have had problems with windows messenger not logging before, so I checked to make sure everything was ok). When I went to check something from one of the logs today, I opened that contact's log file for this month, and it has nothing from the chats on windows messenger... I'm confused. :S
~Kes

RE: No logging on Windows Messenger by Underlord on 11-23-2005 at 02:07 AM

In a conversation, if you click the 'Plus!' menu is "Log This Chat" ticked?

RE: No logging on Windows Messenger by krystalevenstar on 11-23-2005 at 02:26 AM

Yes it's ticked.
~Kes

RE: No logging on Windows Messenger by ShawnZ on 11-23-2005 at 02:50 AM

Is the directory read-only? Can you copy files into the log directory? Can you create files? Does it work if you change the path to the log directory?

RE: No logging on Windows Messenger by krystalevenstar on 11-23-2005 at 02:58 AM

1. The directory is listed as read only
2. I can copy files into the directory
3. I can create files
4. No, Windows Messenger still doesn't log. Msn does, but not WM

~Kes

RE: No logging on Windows Messenger by Patchou on 11-23-2005 at 09:21 AM

can you tell me which version of Windows Messenger you are using? also, can you check if other features work, like the Contact List Clean-up for instance.

RE: RE: No logging on Windows Messenger by Terabyte on 11-23-2005 at 07:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
can you tell me which version of Windows Messenger you are using? also, can you check if other features work, like the Contact List Clean-up for instance.

I'm having a simliar problem, though I get logs, no archiving is happening properly.  It dumped all the logs into the previous months' folder.  I thought it'd deleted them but what it did with Oct 05 was dump them in the Sept 05 folder.
RE: RE: No logging on Windows Messenger by krystalevenstar on 11-23-2005 at 10:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou

It's version 4.7. All the other features seem to be working fine, it's just the logging giving me trouble :S
~Kes