Shoutbox

radio across the net? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: radio across the net? (/showthread.php?tid=53223)

radio across the net? by DJKAL on 11-23-2005 at 04:58 PM

i have just got the software: "Traktor DJ Studio" and saw that it had a "on air" symbol when clicking it shows to be transmitting {it obviously isnt!} so i was wondering if there was anyway some one could explain how to set up aa radio system that i could put on line and use my new software to run it?
thanks !

RE: radio across the net? by John Anderton on 11-23-2005 at 06:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DJKAL
i have just got the software: "Traktor DJ Studio" and saw that it had a "on air" symbol when clicking it shows to be transmitting {it obviously isnt!} so i was wondering if there was anyway some one could explain how to set up aa radio system that i could put on line and use my new software to run it?
thanks !
You could ask mike. He is running a internet radio system.
RE: radio across the net? by Supersonicdarky on 11-23-2005 at 08:17 PM

use shoutcast, you can broadcast though winamp :)

RE: radio across the net? by ShawnZ on 11-23-2005 at 08:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Supersonicdarky

Shoutcast sucks. use VLC.
RE: radio across the net? by albert on 11-23-2005 at 10:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
quote:
Originally posted by Supersonicdarky

Shoutcast sucks.

Agreed, but it is the easiest thing to use, I still am running on it :)
RE: radio across the net? by DJeX on 11-23-2005 at 10:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DJKAL :: --> FROM T&T
quote:
Originally posted by DJeX
Well you will have to recored the tracks witht he fad in them since the media player will not re create that effect on the CD. I use Traktor DJ Studio. It works real nice and you can hook a table up to it like I have or your can set it on Auto DJ and it will mix it all and record your mix for you. I prefer mixing my self but heh.
just found the software - my mate had it :D:D lucky me :P
im in love with it!!!!
im no pro yet :( or anywhere near but i love the software! awsome thansk for the help -
could you just tell me how i could use it to create a radio station as it has an "on-air" feature, or should i start another thread to get more replys? thanks dudes!:P

Well the radio station portion of it is not that great. I'm actually waiting for the next version so I can use it for my radio station. The next version should have better internet radio capabilities. Right now you can only stream on ogg format and since most music players wont play ogg with out a codec then its useless. The next version should support mp3 streaming.

If you want still use it to stream music you will need shoutcast. You will have to set it so your sound cards output will be streamed out to the net instead of the music streaming right from traktor. Do you have Traktor DJ Studio 2.6?

I'm not a pro either, I'm still learning too. Just so you don't think I DJ at like clubs and stuff :P
RE: radio across the net? by DJKAL on 11-24-2005 at 07:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by DJeX
If you want still use it to stream music you will need shoutcast. You will have to set it so your sound cards output will be streamed out to the net instead of the music streaming right from traktor. Do you have Traktor DJ Studio 2.6?
yer cors :P lol!
i have VLc media player - anyway some could explain how to use it? - or should i use shortcast if it is eaier
RE: radio across the net? by Mike on 11-25-2005 at 08:05 PM

I use Icecast which is freeware and Sam Broadcaster 3 which is not freeware, for running my internet radio :)