Shoutbox

Glitch - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Glitch (/showthread.php?tid=53225)

Glitch by DanZie Boy on 11-23-2005 at 05:12 PM

Uhm, I have a glitch on my Messenger Plus!. How can someone talk to me while being idle?

RE: Glitch by [MR] on 11-23-2005 at 05:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DanZie Boy
Uhm, I have a glitch on my Messenger Plus!. How can someone talk to me while being idle?

there is no status on msn called idle....but if u are set to away or busy , then yes u can talk to them ...its just if they are as appear offline that u cant talk to them.
RE: Glitch by DanZie Boy on 11-23-2005 at 05:17 PM

No, their status is idle, and they're talking to me! Why is this happening?

RE: Glitch by Menthix on 11-23-2005 at 05:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MR_5_MR
there is no status on msn called idle
The activity monitor in Plus! can show when people are idle. It's not a status, but it indicates that somebody didn't use his pc for more the X minutes.

People should indeed not be idle when they talk to you, my guess is that Plus! checks for idle persons once every minute or every few minutes. In that case, people will still show idle when they start talking to you, a little bit later the status will be correct.
RE: Glitch by Millenium_edition on 11-23-2005 at 05:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
It's not a status, but it indicates that somebody didn't use his pc for more the X minutes.
it is. msn just displays it as "away", even though the messenger API notifies you when a contact has the idle status. that's probably how plus! shows you who is idle and who is not
RE: Glitch by matty on 11-23-2005 at 05:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
It's not a status, but it indicates that somebody didn't use his pc for more the X minutes.
it is. msn just displays it as "away", even though the messenger API notifies you when a contact has the idle status. that's probably how plus! shows you who is idle and who is not
Might you have patched the wrong string in MSN Messenger's msglang.dll file?

You can change it as we all know to show Idle not Away when the person is idle so they may have accidently changed the wrong string.
RE: Glitch by Millenium_edition on 11-23-2005 at 06:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
Might you have patched the wrong string in MSN Messenger's msglang.dll file?

You can change it as we all know to show Idle not Away when the person is idle so they may have accidently changed the wrong string.
i have it patched to actually display "idle", but msn by default does not make a difference between "idle" and "away"