Shoutbox

Evil computer attempting to mess about with my desktop - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Evil computer attempting to mess about with my desktop (/showthread.php?tid=53238)

Evil computer attempting to mess about with my desktop by vincerooney on 11-23-2005 at 10:47 PM

Here's a pretty straight forward question for you geniuses on here.

I went into properties today on my desktop as i was going to change my desktop to a generic xp picture again. But for some reason...everything had been replaced! by my own pictures! everything else had gone. Literally every picture i have on my computer is now a 'potential desktop'.

This has happened ever since i used one of my own pictures as my desktop for a few days...now the generic pictures have gone and a lot of my picture collection is now in there...even though i havent used half the pictures as my desktop before!

Any idea how to delete things from there? and would that bring back the generic desktops?

I do miss the green xp desktop picture...

RE: Evil computer attempting to mess about with my desktop by mwe99 on 11-23-2005 at 10:49 PM

Can you check you My Pictures folder in My Documents and see if those are the images you can see in the desktop background options...

RE: Evil computer attempting to mess about with my desktop by vincerooney on 11-23-2005 at 11:00 PM

yep everything in there is from my pictures..even though ive never used hardly any of these pictures before as desktop. its bizarre!

RE: Evil computer attempting to mess about with my desktop by mwe99 on 11-23-2005 at 11:02 PM

My Pictures is intergrated into desktop pictures by default so anything in My Pictures in a potential desktop background.

RE: Evil computer attempting to mess about with my desktop by vincerooney on 11-24-2005 at 12:10 AM

anyway to delete whats in there?

RE: Evil computer attempting to mess about with my desktop by guanako on 11-24-2005 at 11:11 PM

i have folders on my pictures folder, and it doesnt show.

RE: Evil computer attempting to mess about with my desktop by kittymew on 11-25-2005 at 01:11 AM

use this program...
http://enclave-i.dreamflow.nl/quickchanger/

this program will help u delete the ones you don't want and get back the ones you do want.
:)