Shoutbox

[REQ] Sending winks with a command - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: [REQ] Sending winks with a command (/showthread.php?tid=53369)

[REQ] Sending winks with a command by Matti on 11-27-2005 at 10:44 AM

I don't think this is posted before, but it would be cool to have winks send with a command, like /wink (name o/t wink).
I understand this would be very hard to realize, but Plus! did bigger things already, so maybe it's possible. :)

Now, what do you guys think? Would it be possible to look how the winks get send and make a command of it?

RE: [REQ] Sending winks with a command by DJKAL on 11-27-2005 at 11:16 AM

do you mean a command for each wink?
as msn does change them every once in a while and what if you have ones you've bought?
you would have to update plus! everytime msn change their winks and this would become a pain and the ones you've bought wouldbt be able to be added i dont think {or atleast not easily - or it would have to cause a lot of hassle for some1 every times msn and bluemountain update their winks and bluemountain always update them meaningcommands would have to bemade all the time and plus! updated each time!} - i think it would just be easier to click winks and choose it

RE: [REQ] Sending winks with a command by Matti on 11-27-2005 at 04:44 PM

Ow... didn't knewd that... :o
Well, it's just an idea. :)

RE: [REQ] Sending winks with a command by Eljay on 11-27-2005 at 05:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DJKAL
do you mean a command for each wink?
as msn does change them every once in a while and what if you have ones you've bought?
you would have to update plus! everytime msn change their winks and this would become a pain and the ones you've bought wouldbt be able to be added i dont think {or atleast not easily - or it would have to cause a lot of hassle for some1 every times msn and bluemountain update their winks and bluemountain always update them meaningcommands would have to bemade all the time and plus! updated each time!} - i think it would just be easier to click winks and choose it

umm ever heard of storing and loading info to/from a file?
RE: [REQ] Sending winks with a command by DragonX on 11-28-2005 at 03:47 AM

i imagine it could be done - it could maybe work like Mattike said wiht /wink and the names of winks aren't dynamic, so you would just need to type /wink bow. The only thing really stopping it is if there is nothing about winks in the Messenger API.

RE: [REQ] Sending winks with a command by Snake on 11-28-2005 at 04:03 AM

It could be possible, but it would be hard to accomplish because of the wingk's changing names.

RE: [REQ] Sending winks with a command by DragonX on 11-28-2005 at 04:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by snake1131
It could be possible, but it would be hard to accomplish because of the wingk's changing names.
When do winks change name ?
RE: [REQ] Sending winks with a command by DJKAL on 11-28-2005 at 07:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Lee Jeffery

but the info that is loaded from the file would have to be different every time msn changes its winks... so the file would have to be updated and so the need to download the file would appear. maybe it would be easier for a plug in to accesss the wink panel upon signing in and create commands for the current winks - everytime you sign in, but maybe that would be to hard to create as well.
RE: [REQ] Sending winks with a command by ShawnZ on 11-28-2005 at 01:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DJKAL
quote:
Originally posted by Lee Jeffery

but the info that is loaded from the file would have to be different every time msn changes its winks... so the file would have to be updated and so the need to download the file would appear. maybe it would be easier for a plug in to accesss the wink panel upon signing in and create commands for the current winks - everytime you sign in, but maybe that would be to hard to create as well.
quote:
Originally posted by DragonX
quote:
Originally posted by snake1131
When do winks change name ?