Shoutbox

CICERO UI Wnd Frame - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: CICERO UI Wnd Frame (/showthread.php?tid=53373)

CICERO UI Wnd Frame by Reaper on 11-27-2005 at 12:56 PM

when i shut down my computer, a window appears asking me to end something called CICERO UI Wnd Frame. Any ideas on what this is and how to get rid of it?

RE: CICERO UI Wnd Frame by RaceProUK on 11-28-2005 at 11:58 PM

Make sure it isn't ad/spyware/virus - run a scan ;)

RE: CICERO UI Wnd Frame by Reaper on 11-29-2005 at 11:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
Make sure it isn't ad/spyware/virus - run a scan ;)
its not a ad/sypware/virus. i have 3 programs to check for this

quote:
Originally posted by beamy-kitty
Ive done a serach on what it is.... on numerous search engines..but no real results...except its an exe file..and you should load broswer again and do a repair on windows:(
dont quite get what you mean, care to ellaborate?

RE: CICERO UI Wnd Frame by matty on 12-03-2005 at 05:38 AM

Do you have a program called Serious Samaurize? If so its window frame is called Cicero UI Wnd. Or you can run this reg fix: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/shutdown.reg

It will auto close any tasks that hang during shutdown.

code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management]
"ClearPageFileAtShutdown"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop]
"AutoEndTasks"="1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control]
"WaitToKillServiceTimeout"="1000"

RE: RE: CICERO UI Wnd Frame by rav0 on 12-03-2005 at 09:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
Do you have a program called Serious Samaurize? If so its window frame is called Cicero UI Wnd.
I don't have this program, and never have, however I see the same message described in the first post in this thread, with Windows complaining that "CICERO UI Wnd Frame" is not closing :S.
RE: CICERO UI Wnd Frame by stargazer7 on 09-03-2006 at 06:29 PM

Well, the last post on this topic was in December, here it is Sept. 2006, and I have this stupid #^%#@ annoying Cicero thing too.  I am quite careful about things I download and install, so I don't know where it came from.  I have three spyware utilities and none of them caught it.  It's been 8 months or so since the last post . . . has anyone found a sure-fire way to dump this thing??  I'm still looking around, if I find a good solution I'll post it here.

RE: CICERO UI Wnd Frame by roikolan on 09-18-2006 at 06:39 AM

Try what's in this link. i am going to try it now

RE: RE: CICERO UI Wnd Frame by rav0 on 09-18-2006 at 06:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by roikolan
Try what's in this link. i am going to try it now
You haven't posted a link.
RE: CICERO UI Wnd Frame by andrewdodd13 on 09-19-2006 at 06:59 AM

Have a read through this thread.

RE: CICERO UI Wnd Frame by RaceProUK on 09-19-2006 at 09:39 AM

That, or you're using Outlook. I use it at work, and when I shut down, Outlook prompts me to purge deleted messages. If I don't respond quickly, the 'Cicero UI WndFrame' thing pops up.

I'll see if I can confirm this with Spy++ sometime (if it's installed).

OK, just checked it out using Spy++.
CiceroUIWndFrame belongs to a process called ctfmon.exe. It is part of Microsoft Office XP, and enables the Language Bar among other things. It's a non-essential, but should only be killed if it's causing problems.

And this issue isn't a big problem really.

RE: CICERO UI Wnd Frame by gurlseven on 07-16-2007 at 03:54 AM

I'm pretty sure I had this happen when I installed a player (accidentally) for a vid I was watching... I am getting the same thing at shutdown also.

RE: CICERO UI Wnd Frame by 1BigTexan on 10-26-2007 at 04:35 PM

Let me guess, You're using Office XP or later.

This is part of speech and handwriting recog software.  It is also a toolbar option (Language) for the main tool bar at the bottom of your monitor. 

If you don't use this feature. just remove it.

Open Control Panel, go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’
Find Microsoft Office and click on the ‘Change/Remove’ button
Under ‘Features to install’ click on ‘Office Shared Features’
Click on ‘Alternative User Input’
Click Speech and select ‘Not available’ from the drop-down box.
Click Handwriting Recognition and select ‘Not available’ from the drop-down box.

Hope this helps.

RE: CICERO UI Wnd Frame by gidgetgrrl on 12-29-2008 at 10:45 PM

I think it could be from downloading adobe flash, cause I just got a new computer and in order to do anything like watch streaming vids on logo or make a playlist or anything, I had to download adobe flash and as soon as I did when I shut down the comp this cicero pop up end program popped up ... I sure hope its not anything bad, I am going to try and search the files in my system to see what it is and delete it, sometimes when you download plug ins there are bugs and the bugs can be infiltrated by hackers who reprogram the bugs into some sort of virus or maleware/spyware, so ...yeah, and I don't have any antivirus on my computer, the guy who got me fully loaded with MS office said that I can't go to youtube, myspace or even do any sort of instant msging, because apparently that's what crashed my last comp

But yeah,  my theory is that its connected to adobe flash or something, which you have to download to do ANYTHING on sites now ...lol