Shoutbox

zonealaram says plus is monitoring my keyboard and mouse. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: zonealaram says plus is monitoring my keyboard and mouse. (/showthread.php?tid=53492)

zonealaram says plus is monitoring my keyboard and mouse. by nuke on 12-01-2005 at 07:04 AM

since i installed Messenger Plus , i have zone alaram every now and then telling me that msn messenger is trying to monitor my keyboard and mouse movements.
i didn't install the sponser prog.
why does plus need to monitor keyboard and mouse movements when there is no open chat windows ?
and why does it happen suddenly and randomly and not when it starts ?

RE: zonealaram says plus is monitoring my keyboard and mouse. by Negro_Joe on 12-01-2005 at 07:18 AM

i dont think it is plus! It is probably the program picking it up ss some sort of intruison or something, i would ignore it...

RE: zonealaram says plus is monitoring my keyboard and mouse. by NiteMare on 12-01-2005 at 07:29 AM

maybe its watching for the shortcut keys

as for the mouse i don't know

RE: zonealaram says plus is monitoring my keyboard and mouse. by Weyzza on 12-01-2005 at 08:07 AM

You may find this post helpful :)
CookieRevised's reply to Ok, so you tell us it has adware....

RE: zonealaram says plus is monitoring my keyboard and mouse. by John Anderton on 12-01-2005 at 09:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Negro_Joe
i dont think it is plus! It is probably the program picking it up ss some sort of intruison or something, i would ignore it...
Im a zone alarm user as well. It says its detecting my keys ....

Well ZA products (ZASS that i use does ...) have triple defence firewall. One to protect you from the internet, one for your lan and one for stuff inside the pc (like this one)

This isnt a case of spy/adware. It detects a lot of things and you just need to give it permission. Plus needs to monitor keystrokes when you use shortcuts like boss protection and stuff ;)

Dont worry its ok :)

And btw, Plus! says the same thing about some games too so what are you gonna say about that :tongue:

Thats the basic version. If you want the indept version then read Cookies reply quoted in the above post ;)

quote:
Originally posted by thekid
You may find this post helpful :)
CookieRevised's reply to Ok, so you tell us it has adware....

RE: zonealaram says plus is monitoring my keyboard and mouse. by nuke on 12-01-2005 at 02:05 PM

i've read the post thekid mentioned and i'm cool now.

i allow games to monitor my keystrokes because 1)i know why they need it . 2)i deny them internet access , they can't send any data they store.

after reading the post , i think the alarms were false .

RE: zonealaram says plus is monitoring my keyboard and mouse. by Patchou on 12-01-2005 at 02:39 PM

it's a shame Zone Alarm didn't bother fixing this misdetection yet (Messenger Plus! does not monitor your keyboard and mouse globally, even for Messenger). I assume this message will be gone in the next version of Plus! though as I'm changing many things in the way Plus! hooks into Messenger.

RE: zonealaram says plus is monitoring my keyboard and mouse. by Weyzza on 12-01-2005 at 05:30 PM

Oh yeah...

I want to add that only ZoneAlarm Pro gives that alarm.
I am using the free version of ZoneAlarm, and I've never seen the alarm everyone mentions except when I am uninstalling Messenger Plus!.

Maybe there's some added mechanism in the way ZA Pro works.

RE: zonealaram says plus is monitoring my keyboard and mouse. by John Anderton on 12-01-2005 at 05:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by thekid

Maybe there's some added mechanism in the way ZA Pro works.
quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
Well ZA products (ZASS that i use does ...) have triple defence firewall. One to protect you from the internet, one for your lan and one for stuff inside the pc (like this one)
(Y)
All the higher products like ZA Security Suite, ZA Pro etc that use Triple Defence Firewall will show that message cause thats the function of triple defence firewall .... as i have explained earlier.

And since the free Zone Alarm has only a plain simple firewall, it doesnt show that Message ;)
RE: zonealaram says plus is monitoring my keyboard and mouse. by matty on 12-01-2005 at 09:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
it's a shame Zone Alarm didn't bother fixing this misdetection yet (Messenger Plus! does not monitor your keyboard and mouse globally, even for Messenger). I assume this message will be gone in the next version of Plus! though as I'm changing many things in the way Plus! hooks into Messenger.

Do i smell petition again? lol jk
RE: zonealaram says plus is monitoring my keyboard and mouse. by John Anderton on 12-02-2005 at 08:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
Do i smell petition again? lol jk
lol cant we just show other people the same petition cause the case is almost the same right ??
RE: zonealaram says plus is monitoring my keyboard and mouse. by beastie on 12-06-2005 at 05:16 PM

quote:
Messenger Plus! does not monitor your keyboard and mouse globally, even for Messenger

What about boss protection?  Maybe Plus considers a registered hotkey as keyboard monitoring.
RE: zonealaram says plus is monitoring my keyboard and mouse. by Jhrono on 12-06-2005 at 06:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by beastie

What about boss protection?  Maybe Plus considers a registered hotkey as keyboard monitoring.
quote:
(Messenger Plus! does not monitor your keyboard and mouse globally, even for Messenger)

RE: zonealaram says plus is monitoring my keyboard and mouse. by nuke on 12-06-2005 at 06:12 PM

i have set Messenger Plus to play a sound when a certain contact logs in or out . i noticed that zone alarm gives me this alarm just when this person logs in for the 1st time , and i have to allow it so that the sound whould play !!