Shoutbox

Messenger Using Half of CPU Resource! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Messenger Using Half of CPU Resource! (/showthread.php?tid=53498)

Messenger Using Half of CPU Resource! by can16358p on 12-01-2005 at 06:16 PM

I don't know if it's discussed before (I can't write cpu on search because its just 3 letters) but Messenger is constantly using half of the CPU, %50. It is just like set to use exactly the half of CPU continuosly.

Why can it be? What can I do?

RE: Messenger Using Half of CPU Resource! by Zephyr on 12-01-2005 at 06:51 PM

If you run MSN Messenger without Plus!, is the CPU usage still high?
It may be caused by lots of plugins for plus. If it is still high, try reinstalling MSN Messenger and see if the problem still occurs.

Also, if you want to search for something with 3 letters, you can use quotes with a space before or after the word.

eg. " cpu" or "cpu "

which will give u this.

RE: Messenger Using Half of CPU Resource! by Stigmata on 12-01-2005 at 07:00 PM

its got nothing to do with plus.

Messenger is a resource whore.

Bah, when im on my desktop (Low Ram) i always use gaim
(http://gaim.sourceforge.com)

RE: Messenger Using Half of CPU Resource! by Salem on 12-01-2005 at 08:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by can16358p
I don't know if it's discussed before (I can't write cpu on search because its just 3 letters) but Messenger is constantly using half of the CPU, %50. It is just like set to use exactly the half of CPU continuosly.

Why can it be? What can I do?

I don't think it is Messenger or Messenger Plus! thats the cause of your high CPU usage. I have Messenger 7.5.0311 and Messenger Plus! 3.61 installed and my CPU usage isn't near 50%.

It may be a Messenger Plus! Plug-In you are using. Try disabling the Plug-Ins in the Messenger Plus! Preferences, if this still doesn't help, try uninstalling both Messenger and Messenger Plus! and reinstall them again.

Hope this helps
RE: Messenger Using Half of CPU Resource! by can16358p on 12-01-2005 at 08:47 PM

I think there was a loop. I closed MSN and restarted, it is gone :)

RE: RE: Messenger Using Half of CPU Resource! by Salem on 12-01-2005 at 08:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by can16358p
I think there was a loop. I closed MSN and restarted, it is gone :)

Glad to hear it is sorted