Shoutbox

dvd burner acting wierd,randomly reads dvds - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: dvd burner acting wierd,randomly reads dvds (/showthread.php?tid=53500)

dvd burner acting wierd,randomly reads dvds by TheMusicPirate on 12-01-2005 at 06:47 PM

can somebody help me?
my dvd burner randomly reads my dvd's and when it actually reads them it takes for ever to load.

do you think on HP recovery discs will be able to fix the problem?
do you think it could just be something wrong with the acutal dvd burner hardware? would a system format fix it?

also when i press the eject button the tray comes out and the disc is spinning like crazy, then it stops

thanks. :)

RE: dvd burner acting wierd,randomly reads dvds by Reaper on 12-01-2005 at 06:53 PM

how long have you had the burner for?

RE: RE: dvd burner acting wierd,randomly reads dvds by TheMusicPirate on 12-01-2005 at 07:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Reaper
how long have you had the burner for?

i got the used from best buy. and i got it about 4 - 5 months ago, it worked fine then all of a sudden it started to act all weird.
RE: dvd burner acting wierd,randomly reads dvds by Reaper on 12-01-2005 at 07:02 PM

well, im not sure, but maybe the laser is starting to go. even though you have had it fora short period of time, it might be because you use a lot, but then again, i could be totally wrong :P

RE: RE: dvd burner acting wierd,randomly reads dvds by TheMusicPirate on 12-01-2005 at 07:05 PM

quote:
well, im not sure, but maybe the laser is starting to go. even though you have had it fora short period of time, it might be because you use a lot, but then again, i could be totally wrong :P

ok, thanks i'll try the recovery discs, and i'll post my results.
RE: dvd burner acting wierd,randomly reads dvds by Reaper on 12-01-2005 at 07:07 PM

this happened to me with my normal cd drive, when i put my doom 3 cd in my drive, it started to struggle and would not work at times, ended up buying a new one

RE: RE: dvd burner acting wierd,randomly reads dvds by TheMusicPirate on 12-01-2005 at 07:09 PM

quote:
this happened to me with my normal cd drive, when i put my doom 3 cd in my drive, it started to struggle and would not work at times, ended up buying a new one

i also noticed that it reads store bought movie dvds and music cd's, but it also takes a long time to read blank media.

i might just buy i new one later, it's just that this one has the lightscribe built in.
RE: dvd burner acting wierd,randomly reads dvds by Voldemort on 12-01-2005 at 09:06 PM

check the connections... ide, power, sound..it tells you an error?

RE: RE: dvd burner acting wierd,randomly reads dvds by TheMusicPirate on 12-01-2005 at 10:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by damm-o
check the connections... ide, power, sound..it tells you an error?

it must be something wrong with my computer, because i took out my dvd burner and i put it in my parents pc, and it read all my dvd's instantly
RE: dvd burner acting wierd,randomly reads dvds by linx05 on 12-02-2005 at 03:13 AM

Have you enabled DMA on your drive?

RE: dvd burner acting wierd,randomly reads dvds by MeEtc on 12-02-2005 at 03:18 AM

Try getting a lens cleaner. its a CD with a small brush embedded into it