Shoutbox

blocking contact permanently - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: blocking contact permanently (/showthread.php?tid=53555)

blocking contact permanently by dancergirl on 12-03-2005 at 02:32 PM

hi
i am having a problem with somone hassling me and i want to delete them for good. I have bloked them, but i want them to dissappear, how do i delete a blocked contact?
thanks so much, this is causing me so much hassle
x

RE: blocking contact permanently by lordy on 12-03-2005 at 02:33 PM

you should be able to right click on the contact in the contact list and click delete contact

RE: blocking contact permanently by Sunshine on 12-03-2005 at 02:33 PM

You delete them from your list and check block when asked.

RE: blocking contact permanently by dancergirl on 12-03-2005 at 02:40 PM

nope! doesnt work
when i go to my blocked contacts list i see their name, and if i right click it says delete but in grey and i cant click it.

RE: blocking contact permanently by lordy on 12-03-2005 at 02:42 PM

i dont think you can delete them from your blocked contacts list, because otherwise they will be unblocked

RE: blocking contact permanently by Sunshine on 12-03-2005 at 02:42 PM

You should be able to delete from contactlist. If not: unblock then delete from contactlist (not throught blocklist) and check the block option in the screen you get on deletion.

quote:
Originally posted by lordy16
i dont think you can delete them from your blocked contacts list, because otherwise they will be unblocked
That's correct, that person will be in the blocked list and you won't be able to delete that person from there till that person has deleted you from his/her list.
RE: blocking contact permanently by dancergirl on 12-03-2005 at 02:47 PM

so theres no way i can permanently get rid of them from my blocked list? the only thing i can think of, in that case, is to creat a completely new account

RE: blocking contact permanently by dancergirl on 12-03-2005 at 02:53 PM

or could i uninstall messenger completely and reinstall it
would that work? next time this person tries to contact me it would be the same story though i guess... :(

RE: blocking contact permanently by lordy on 12-03-2005 at 02:54 PM

why do you want to remove them from your blocked list?> that means that they cannot contact you

RE: blocking contact permanently by dancergirl on 12-03-2005 at 02:57 PM

i know that,  but its a weakness, i unblock them then get hassle again... i just want to delete them altogether from my messenger

RE: blocking contact permanently by matty on 12-03-2005 at 03:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by dancergirl
i know that,  but its a weakness, i unblock them then get hassle again... i just want to delete them altogether from my messenger
When you block a person they will always stay on the blocked list no matter what until you unblock them. That list states who cannot talk to you. If you delete them from the list you are unblocking them simple as that. In other words you don't want to do that.
RE: blocking contact permanently by absorbation on 12-03-2005 at 03:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by dancergirl
or could i uninstall messenger completely and reinstall it
would that work? next time this person tries to contact me it would be the same story though i guess... :(

it would'nt and i think this data is stored on your account settings and not on your pc.
RE: blocking contact permanently by Sunshine on 12-03-2005 at 04:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
it would'nt and i think this data is stored on your account settings and not on your pc.
The lists are stored on MSN server.