Shoutbox

"Limited or No Connectivity" - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: "Limited or No Connectivity" (/showthread.php?tid=53572)

"Limited or No Connectivity" by Joe on 12-03-2005 at 10:14 PM

I used to have my connection on a router that went to another computer and my Xbox, but I have removed the router. Now it tries to connect via the network and there some weird connectivity problemswhile downloading thing and such. Plus the Local Area Connection gives me an error that tells me there is limited or no connectivity... how can I sort of "uninstall this connection?
[Image: connact-1.GIF]
[Image: connact-2.gif]

RE: "Limited or No Connectivity" by DragonX on 12-03-2005 at 10:15 PM

Right click -> Disable ?

Edit: Woohoo, i beat everyone to it :P

RE: "Limited or No Connectivity" by Underlord on 12-03-2005 at 10:15 PM

Are you connected directly to the internet, using a usb connection to a DSL modem?

You can right click and click "Disable". If you really wish to.

Also you can just remove it from the task bar by going into the properties and uncheking "Notify me when this connection has limited or no connectivity".

RE: "Limited or No Connectivity" by user35870 on 12-03-2005 at 10:16 PM

if you right click on the connection icon and click "Disable" that should work.

EDIT: to slow.

RE: "Limited or No Connectivity" by Joe on 12-03-2005 at 10:21 PM

"Disabling" the connection also disables my Ethernet device.... the light on my DSL box for enet goes out and the internet disconnects.

RE: "Limited or No Connectivity" by Underlord on 12-03-2005 at 10:29 PM

So you arn't connected to the DSL modem via USB? :/
Just remove it from the task bar by going into the properties and uncheking "Notify me when this connection has limited or no connectivity".

RE: "Limited or No Connectivity" by brian on 12-03-2005 at 10:48 PM

Leave it enabled, connect to the internet and it should go, if it doesn't then check if you have static ip settings which your isp will not accept.

RE: "Limited or No Connectivity" by tomfletcherman on 12-05-2005 at 05:24 PM

Limited of no connectivity issues with wired devices is pretty tricky, if I'm running an ethernet cable between two computers, and one has that error, I set both PC's to have manually configured IP addresses, and repair both computers connections.