Shoutbox

Some of my contacts appears offline even though they are online... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Some of my contacts appears offline even though they are online... (/showthread.php?tid=53587)

Some of my contacts appears offline even though they are online... by dagsaag on 12-04-2005 at 09:26 AM

Help

I'm using msn messenger 7.5.0311, msgplus 3.61 andstuffplug. I havent seen this kind of problem unntil yesterday when one of my contact starts a conversation with me. on the contactlist he appears as offline although he is online. because of that i cant start a conversation with him unless he starts a conversation with me first. What can I do to fix this? He haven't blocked me or anything like that.

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english

RE: Some of my contacts appears offline even though they are online... by lordy on 12-04-2005 at 09:33 AM

this happen quite often to me, when there is a dodgy connection or something to the server on my friends behalf, im not sure how to fix it though

RE: Some of my contacts appears offline even though they are online... by Chestah on 12-04-2005 at 09:34 AM

Try disconnecting from MSN and reconnecting :), by the way this is completely unrelated to Msgplus!

RE: Some of my contacts appears offline even though they are online... by dagsaag on 12-04-2005 at 09:50 AM

Hi
Thanks for the replys. I did try to reconnect but the same problem still appears. Maybe it is just a problem with the connection and not msgplus fault:-) .

RE: Some of my contacts appears offline even though they are online... by lordy on 12-04-2005 at 09:51 AM

try asking them to re-connect to the service as well, as it is most likely a problem with their connection if its a problem with any connection

RE: RE: Some of my contacts appears offline even though they are online... by dagsaag on 12-04-2005 at 10:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lordy16
try asking them to re-connect to the service as well, as it is most likely a problem with their connection if its a problem with any connection

I've contact one of my contact on the phone(hard to make contact by msn when he appear as offline:S) and ask him to reconnect...it didn't work, I still see him as offline :(.
RE: Some of my contacts appears offline even though they are online... by lordy on 12-04-2005 at 10:03 AM

I've no idea how that could happen then :( maybe when someone who knows more about the MSN protocol comes on, they might be able to tell you

RE: Some of my contacts appears offline even though they are online... by dagsaag on 12-04-2005 at 10:14 AM

No problem. thanks for the help so far :)

RE: Some of my contacts appears offline even though they are online... by cardshark on 12-04-2005 at 02:00 PM

Are you sure he's not just using the "Appear Offline" feature? He may have set it accidentally and doesn't realize it...

RE: Some of my contacts appears offline even though they are online... by lordy on 12-04-2005 at 02:02 PM

if you are appear offline you cant talk to contacts ;)

RE: Some of my contacts appears offline even though they are online... by Jad_Dragon on 12-04-2005 at 02:06 PM

Mabye the reason is just that msn is really dodgey?

RE: Some of my contacts appears offline even though they are online... by absorbation on 12-04-2005 at 02:10 PM

Are they using stuffplug to send messages with an offline status? :P

[Image: attachment.php?pid=573540]

RE: Some of my contacts appears offline even though they are online... by lordy on 12-04-2005 at 02:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
Are they using stuffplug to send messages with offline status? :P
stuffplug allows you to talk to people that you have blocked, not while you are appear offline. also i would think he'd have checked that before posting here..

OR DID YOU? :dodgy:
RE: Some of my contacts appears offline even though they are online... by Jad_Dragon on 12-04-2005 at 02:12 PM

I wouldn't even bother trying to fix it, just wait untill the next versions of msn and messenger plus come out and see if they fix it.

RE: Some of my contacts appears offline even though they are online... by lordy on 12-04-2005 at 02:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jad_Dragon
I wouldn't even bother trying to fix it, just wait untill the next versions of msn and messenger plus come out and see if they fix it.
it's been a problem with all versions of msn, its (probably) server problems, which dont always run as smoothly as microsoft would hope. i've always had this problem every so often
RE: Some of my contacts appears offline even though they are online... by Jad_Dragon on 12-04-2005 at 02:16 PM

msn has allways been dodgy, and they allways will, they might fix one error but there is bound to be ten more. Once I couldn't even log in without it signing me out three times.

RE: Some of my contacts appears offline even though they are online... by lordy on 12-04-2005 at 02:18 PM

very very few (in fact you could probably say no) programs are completely bug free, its just that microsoft's errors are always more widely known and publicised.

MSN is a great service, and works a dream 90% of the time

RE: Some of my contacts appears offline even though they are online... by Jad_Dragon on 12-04-2005 at 02:20 PM

That still leaves 10% though, and that can be quite a lot depending on the size of a percent:P

RE: Some of my contacts appears offline even though they are online... by lordy on 12-04-2005 at 02:24 PM

its still 10% no matter how big the number is, but this thread is going offtopic, hows about bring it back on and try and help this guy with his problem

even though i dont think its one that can be solved, because its MS's problem

RE: Some of my contacts appears offline even though they are online... by Jad_Dragon on 12-04-2005 at 02:28 PM

You could try deleting the contacts then readding them, that migh work, I don't know thgough cause I've never had a problem like this

RE: RE: Some of my contacts appears offline even though they are online... by dagsaag on 12-04-2005 at 03:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lordy16
quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
Are they using stuffplug to send messages with offline status? :P
stuffplug allows you to talk to people that you have blocked, not while you are appear offline. also i would think he'd have checked that before posting here..

OR DID YOU? :dodgy:

I've checked everyhing before I posted here;)

I've reinstall msn but the problem was still there. So i've decided to format my hardisk and reinstalled everything(happy fun 2 hours).  msn messenger now works normaly again(i guess), no more talkin to "offline" contacts. Must be some kind of conflict between all those programs i have on my computer.

And yes, msn is a great service. It keep me in touch with old friends that no longer lives in the same "neighbourhood"!

Thanks for all the response, I appreciate it:D(Y)

RE: Some of my contacts appears offline even though they are online... by John Anderton on 12-04-2005 at 04:32 PM

Erm trax had the same problem last night but it was only with my account. I saw a pic when im talking to him and messenger was saying he cant talk with me cause im offline (yet he could send me messages.

:dodgy: huh ?

RE: Some of my contacts appears offline even though they are online... by M73A on 12-04-2005 at 04:56 PM

i was having this aswell... signed in on another account and they were online so i signed out and back in on the original account i was using then they were there *-)

RE: Some of my contacts appears offline even though they are online... by lordy on 12-05-2005 at 12:04 AM

i think everyone has it every once in a while, server glitches, etc

not alot can be done about it really

RE: Some of my contacts appears offline even though they are online... by find_your_spot on 12-05-2005 at 08:24 PM

I have this problem now 3 days, everybody in my msn messenger contact list see me as offline. But I'am online.

I uninstalled my msn messenger, but after install i have the same problem. I can't get online.

I'm Using MSN Messenger 7.5.0311,    MsgPlus-354, and no kind of plugins.

Please can you help me what to do?

RE: Some of my contacts appears offline even though they are online... by ephemeross on 12-06-2005 at 02:12 AM

I'm also getting this problem, my contatcs sometimes see me as offline, or thier messages fail to send to me a hell of a lot.
Me and my gf have resorted to talking via email/AIM when we arnt with eachother irl =/
Its uber annoying :(

I'm guessing its a server problem, though it could possably to do with plus? Since so far I'm assuming everyone Ive seen thats had this problem also has plus installed and msn 7.5.xxxxx installed.

eph.

RE: Some of my contacts appears offline even though they are online... by lordy on 12-06-2005 at 02:21 AM

it wouldnt have anything to do with plus, it is a problem with the MSN SERVERS which has been said previously

RE: Some of my contacts appears offline even though they are online... by BluexDreams on 12-06-2005 at 02:27 PM

Nice servers I must say.

RE: Some of my contacts appears offline even though they are online... by lordy on 12-06-2005 at 08:42 PM

it seems alot of people are having this trouble at the moment, so they must be having a fair bit of trouble with the servers, just have to wait it out. you cant expect it to be running completely right 100% of the time

RE: Some of my contacts appears offline even though they are online... by Derwan on 12-06-2005 at 08:54 PM

Yep... having the problem here too - even when signed in through Webmessenger.  People keep saying to me, "Hey - you're offline!"

It's now on the home page of mess.be.  Their forums have banned discussion about it though because apparently it's considered "downtime" and they're not allowed to post about downtime.

RE: Some of my contacts appears offline even though they are online... by lordy on 12-06-2005 at 08:59 PM

it IS downtime so they are right to not be able to discuss it, and i suggest this thread (and the others like it) be closed because the same thing has been said over and over again, it is server glitches, and there can be nothing done about it, everyone posting about their downtime troubles does nothing to help the situation.
we know there is downtime, and server issues, we dont need to know every person who is having the issues ;)