Shoutbox

Auto rename music files MP10 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Auto rename music files MP10 (/showthread.php?tid=53605)

Auto rename music files MP10 by guanako on 12-05-2005 at 01:58 AM

ok, with windows media player 10 i have riped some cds that i borrowed from friends but for some reason when i riped them it  dint get the media info before the rip, and now everytime i play the files media player 10 gets the info and displays it, so i want to know if media player can rename each file, from track 01, track 02 to the actual track name.

RE: Auto rename music files MP10 by kierant on 12-05-2005 at 02:13 AM

If you go to Tools>Options>Library tab at the bottom there should be some check boxes. If you want wmp to automatically update the names for you check the one that says 'retrieve additional information from the internet' and then select the relevent option below that.

RE: Auto rename music files MP10 by guanako on 12-05-2005 at 02:20 AM

thank you very much (Y) even album art got added :D thanks

RE: Auto rename music files MP10 by kierant on 12-05-2005 at 02:30 AM

No worries. :)

I find the wmp data finder very temperemental most of the time and much prefer to enter the data myself. I like my music database to be consistent with everything from genres matching and titles having capital letters etc. :$

Also it often can't find the album art and leaves you with the default picture that looks horrible in thumbnails. Therefore I use a seperate program to find the albumart I want.

RE: Auto rename music files MP10 by guanako on 12-05-2005 at 03:27 AM

yeah i pretty happy with wmp, it does the job also winamp is good, wat do u use to find albun art?

RE: Auto rename music files MP10 by kierant on 12-05-2005 at 11:59 AM

Album Cover Art Downloader version 1.60

RE: Auto rename music files MP10 by guanako on 12-05-2005 at 06:37 PM

nice ima give it a try when i get back from work :D

RE: Auto rename music files MP10 by MeEtc on 12-05-2005 at 06:57 PM

I usually use WMP to update the tags, but I'm really picky when it comes to naming files and library structure.
I use Tag & Rename