Shoutbox

Gradually losing buttons... [solved :S] - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Gradually losing buttons... [solved :S] (/showthread.php?tid=53695)

Gradually losing buttons... [solved :S] by qgroessl on 12-07-2005 at 06:47 PM

When I logged on this morning I noticed my "My Space" button was gone on MSN Messenger... This is a problem to me as I use this button probably about 100 times a day :p... And that's actually a close estimate.... Usually everything goes back to normal after restarting MSN Messenger, signing in again, or restarting my computer... Well it's still gone..... Now as I was playing music on my computer... My "MSN Today" button is gone.... I don't use this one barely ever... But it's still a hastle none the less... I'm using a skinned version of 7.5...  I'm not too sure what skin... but it's red... and if I remember right there were like... 4 or 5 different colors I could've chose from when skinning my MSN... My MSN has been Patched for about 2 months now.... and this first started happening yesterday.

Anybody know why this is happening and how it can be fixed?

RE: Gradually losing buttons... by absorbation on 12-07-2005 at 07:50 PM

They go when Msn update that service and there is nothing you can do about it :)

RE: Gradually losing buttons... by qgroessl on 12-07-2005 at 07:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
They go when Msn update that service and there is nothing you can do about it :)

Do you mean that like... everybody is having this?.... or what?... Cause Now I just made a link in my favorites while it's gone... But it's still kinda a pain.
RE: Gradually losing buttons... by MeEtc on 12-07-2005 at 07:59 PM

reinstall? That's what I would do

RE: Gradually losing buttons... by absorbation on 12-07-2005 at 08:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by groessl35
Do you mean that like... everybody is having this?.... or what?... Cause Now I just made a link in my favorites while it's gone... But it's still kinda a pain.

yeh well in your local area they have to update to test sercuity :)
RE: Gradually losing buttons... by TReKiE on 12-08-2005 at 12:36 AM

Erm.  The reason why you're seeing this is because Messenger couldn't connect to the Messenger Configuration Web Service.  When it can't, buttons like the My Space will be gone (and as should some of the ads, assuming you didn't *cough* disable them).

Logging out and back in (assuming the web service can be reached) should solve it.  Reinstalling till the cows come home will not.

As well, the Messenger servers are not localized, you reach the same servers regardless if you're in Toronto, London or Timbuktu.  However, within the scope of the servers (which are in Mountain View, California for interest), things do go down from time to time *cough again*.

RE: Gradually losing buttons... [solved :S] by qgroessl on 12-08-2005 at 03:58 AM

Well... now my puter was running really slow tonight so I cleared some unused stuff off of it... and so I got rid of the skin I had... Wave 11 skin is what is was... and now... my MSN is how it used to be, all the buttons there... :p I dunno... I don't see why it did that like a month or two after I had skinned it.