Shoutbox

How you came to be on the forum... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: How you came to be on the forum... (/showthread.php?tid=53710)

How you came to be on the forum... by qgroessl on 12-08-2005 at 12:41 AM

There might've been a thread about this... But I searched and didn't find anything close enough to this to not make a new one... and this question just suddenly popped into my head.

How did you get started on the Messenger Plus! Forums?

By that I mean like, did you come here thinking you were going to stay around and be a member here for a long time. Or did you come here just to ask a question, then another question, and then another... and you never really left?...

My story:

I got tab manager for Stuffplug-NG, and I noticed this tab for the MsgPlus! Forums... I never used it for the first couple months or so, and then I started to notice that they were questions that were there... I'd look at the different questions people would have if they looked interesting, so I pretty much browsed the forums as a guest for a month or two. Then I joined the Newgrounds forum... I think I got like, 3 posts or so there?... It's like, one of the unfriendliest and disorganised forums out there... So I figured I'd give it a go and finding some friends here! I fit in Okay so I stuck around and here I am today!

Like I said... just something that I just thought of outta the blue and didn't find anything exactly like it in the search... The closest thing I found really was the Messenger Plus! Forums History..

RE: How you came to be on the forum... by Lou on 12-08-2005 at 01:02 AM

I came to ask a question...and I decided to stay...since then I have been banned twice, and I have made many friends and a few non-friends. The forums were a great place. They still are:)

RE: How you came to be on the forum... by Curtis on 12-08-2005 at 01:06 AM

Well when I first got into MSN my friend sent me a link to Msg Plus!, so I downloaded it, and I had a few questions, so I went to the site, and found the forums.  I asked the questions, and I never really left I guess.

RE: How you came to be on the forum... by paperless on 12-08-2005 at 01:07 AM

WHen msgplus 2.5 ( i guess ) was released, trough mess.be i came here to the annoucnemente and i started posting..

RE: How you came to be on the forum... by prashker on 12-08-2005 at 01:07 AM

Felt like it :P

I installed Plus back in 2003...didnt need to go on the forums...but then I felt like it and here I am :P

RE: How you came to be on the forum... by Purity on 12-08-2005 at 01:23 AM

Plugin suggestions, help with computer... then i found out i was getting to know people, etc...  This forum isn't kewl anymore... :sad:

RE: How you came to be on the forum... by MeEtc on 12-08-2005 at 01:35 AM

Found out about Plus back when it was in version 2, went to get it myself and discovered the community.

RE: How you came to be on the forum... by qgroessl on 12-08-2005 at 01:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc
Found out about Plus back when it was in version 2, went to get it myself and discovered the community.

I've never really looked how long you've been here.... since 2004.... I always thought you were new in the last 2-3 months! You didn't post much until recently. Of course great for the comunity still!
RE: How you came to be on the forum... by MeEtc on 12-08-2005 at 01:38 AM

I was around breifly last year about this time, mostly in IRC. Just recently made a comeback

EDIT: since everyone else is saying how many times, Number of bans: 0
But I think it would be fun

RE: How you came to be on the forum... by L. Coyote on 12-08-2005 at 01:39 AM

I've used MsgPlus! since some 2 version (can't remember exactly which one).

Then a while later I forgot about it, then I downloaded the 2.54 version and the next day, or so, MsgPlus! 3 was released... 8-)

I can't remember why I came here. I think I had some questions to ask, but the true reason, I don't remember, because I didn't post right away, I think...

I remember one of my first posts being split into T&T and Cookie telling me not to go offtopic... :rofl:

Edit: oh, right, since some people are mentioning bans...

I was banned once for posting the "|-)" emoticon in a T&T thread (the same day Time was banned for posting some funny picture, and Purity was banned before for something or other... I dunno, too many bogus bans that day... :tongue:)

RE: How you came to be on the forum... by YottabyteWizard on 12-08-2005 at 01:55 AM

Installed MSG Plus for a while... like sonicsam, but i joined the forums but I wasn't an active member, then I moved to a new house but my parents didn't want internet so I stopped loggin in like 2 years. After this time I MADE my parents put internet in my house, created a new account (don't remember the old one, maybe it was deleted in one of the server changes Chrono mentioned) so here I am. My old username was something like sams1987 or sams_iss

RE: How you came to be on the forum... by guanako on 12-08-2005 at 02:32 AM

came to ask questions:P banned once:D this is the only forum i go dayli, never used anyother :P i like here and im staying untill i can, or get banned for life (hope not)

RE: How you came to be on the forum... by Chrono on 12-08-2005 at 03:41 AM

Moved to GCC :)

Anyway -> http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=18...d=166710#pid166710

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
I still remember the first time I logged onto the board on February 2002.
A friend of mine had been using the "Quick Messages" to flood me. When I asked how he did it so fast, he said: "I've installed the Messenger Plus! Extension". I searched for it on the Net and downloaded it. It was a very cool program with useful features, without spyware or advertisements... No doubt, it was the best Messenger add-on I had ever seen.

While I was using it I thought on some suggestions and I wanted to contact the developer of Plus!, Patchou, so I logged onto and registered on the messenger Plus! Forums. Then I made my first post, my first thread with many suggestions on it. While I was waiting for replies, I read a lot of threads on the board, and I started to like the idea of become a regular member. So I started to post, to post a lot. I made 69 posts on 2 days and the members ( *cough* Muss *cough* ) started to complain about it. They said I was spamming a lot, and of course I wasn't . They almost made me leave the forums... It was a PM sent by Topeka_KS that made me stay (and I don't  regret )

RE: How you came to be on the forum... by qgroessl on 12-08-2005 at 03:55 AM

quote:
Moved to GCC

I wasn't sure if people would spam the thread or not so I put it in T&T... Anyways... It's pretty interesting hearing all the stories everybody has of when they came :p... I've still never been banned :refuck:

RE: How you came to be on the forum... by cardshark on 12-08-2005 at 04:19 AM

I've been browsing this forum for probably about a year or so (at least). I've been using Plus! for I don't know how long (early version 2). I had been just keeping up with the stuff in the support forums to make sure I knew what was going on with Plus! and what bugs I might expect. I finally registered and posted when I started to have one odd issue (which incidentally was never resolved, but not a big deal) and decided to stay. I've since spread to the rest of the boards, but mostly I just post to help other people. Basically, I'm still getting to know things here, and don't want to cause too much commotion. At least, not yet. :D

RE: How you came to be on the forum... by NiteMare on 12-08-2005 at 04:24 AM

quote:
I still remember the first time I logged onto the board on February 2002.
A friend of mine had been using the "Quick Messages" to flood me. When I asked how he did it so fast, he said: "I've installed the Messenger Plus! Extension". I searched for it on the Net and downloaded it. It was a very cool program with useful features, without spyware or advertisements... No doubt, it was the best Messenger add-on I had ever seen.

While I was using it I thought on some suggestions and I wanted to contact the developer of Plus!, Patchou, so I logged onto and registered on the messenger Plus! Forums. Then I made my first post, my first thread with many suggestions on it. While I was waiting for replies, I read a lot of threads on the board, and I started to like the idea of become a regular member. So I started to post, to post a lot. I made 69 posts on 2 days and the members ( *cough* Muss *cough* ) started to complain about it. They said I was spamming a lot, and of course I wasn't . They almost made me leave the forums... It was a PM sent by Topeka_KS that made me stay (and I don't  regret )
:O, did chrono get hit by the ban hammer:banh:
RE: How you came to be on the forum... by RebelSean on 12-08-2005 at 04:35 AM

I actually did not know what a forum was, until I needed help with Msgplus one day. I needed to find out how to fix a error with a dll file that msgplus had corrupted. And since that day, I've just been visiting this forum and posting things when I have time.

I've been using Msgplus since like v2 or so :p.

RE: How you came to be on the forum... by Vilkku on 12-08-2005 at 05:24 AM

Seeing as I have been a member for a couple of years already, I can't remember the specific reason why I joined. If my first post has something to do with it, then it was because some inaccuracies in the translation.
Number of bans: 0

RE: How you came to be on the forum... by Th3rmal on 12-08-2005 at 05:31 AM

i came here first to find out how to toggle skins: here is my first post. I was into skins back then, but now i just go with the flow...:dodgy:

RE: How you came to be on the forum... by wj on 12-08-2005 at 05:52 AM

One day Chris Boulton IM'ed me saying "Hey were looking at getting a board setup for these guys". So I joined up on before it was on devBB... We then setup a board and started testing and moding. I registered before Surfi so I got User ID #1!!!!

Yeah.... thats just how it worked....

Oh, and I've never been banned, well... except that one time the guy hacked into the board.

RE: How you came to be on the forum... by Chrono on 12-08-2005 at 05:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare

, did chrono get hit by the ban hammer
never :P

Edited: well i was banned by kasper once, you dont really want to know the reasons :P. i think it was an IP ban, i dont really remember 8-). I was quickly unbanned though (because he banned me for 'personal' reasons, not that i did something wrong here :chrongue:), and he soon left the community 8-)
RE: How you came to be on the forum... by Menthix on 12-08-2005 at 06:08 AM

I screwed with the DB of the forum before this one so we lost all the posts, that was when I had it with free remotely hosted forums. So I opened a topic asking for help so we could host our own forum somewhere. Surfi was the really cool guy that helped us out together with wj :D. User ID #3! :p

My life on the Plus! forums actually started on the very first forum (this is the 3rd forum, or even 4th if you count DevBB and MyBB as two). Was already using Plus! before they even had a forum, so I can officially say I’ve been here since the beginning :).

RE: How you came to be on the forum... by linx05 on 12-08-2005 at 06:11 AM

Had been using Plus! ever since the early days. And Patchou had that really simple website up (I think the menu was in frames?). I think I may have registered to the forums there, not quite sure. I know I looked through it every now and again.

Then the website was updated with all the flash and the new board. I even PM'd a mod or admin here asking where they got the hosting (anyone know who that was? EDIT: it was Patchou then he referred me to WDZ).

I came here to report some bugs with Plus!. And request a couple of features in StuffPlug. Then to only annoy TB through PMing him to which he didn't reply lol. Now I'm a mod on his forum. 8-) @ my noob days.

Never been banned though... hmmmmm *-)

RE: How you came to be on the forum... by lordy on 12-08-2005 at 09:05 AM

I joined in July 2004 for reasons unknown even to me lol, but then i had a problem so i started a thread which can be found Here.
Then i didnt post for like another 5 or 6 months after that.

then i discovered Stuffplug and started posting alot on the forum there, and really enjoyed helping people out.

then i came back here and here i am :tongue:

RE: How you came to be on the forum... by haydos on 12-08-2005 at 09:27 AM

I joined to ask a question about POP3 but I found that I was able to post a few answers to people's problems while I was doing this. I found that it was a nice community so I kept on coming back to help. I remember I didnt post once in T+T until I had about 50 helping posts but I would always read it.

I have only been banned once and that was when I asked Wj to ban me so I would stop coming on during my exams:P

RE: How you came to be on the forum... by Aeryn on 12-08-2005 at 09:47 AM

I first saw these forums in this year's March, when a MSN conversation partner of mine posted here to get help for a problem we were having with messages not being delivered. I only read the replies to the thread then, I didn't post anything myself. (And I remember at the beginning I didn't like the way these forums look, cuz I found it confusing. :D Not anymore, though. :P)

But for some reason even months later I occasionally came back here to read around. Dunno why. And in June when I finally felt like saying something in one thread, I created a user account at last.

And these days, I come here almost every day. Funny, I didn't really expect to find any friends here or anything, but with time I've met some really cool people from this community. Hereby kudos to segosa who dragged me on MsgPlus IRC and helped me get addicted to it. :P

RE: How you came to be on the forum... by Underlord on 12-08-2005 at 09:51 AM

I got into Plus! when version two came out. So, one day I was looking around mess.be and saw the Plus! IRC link. In those days the IRC server was hosted by sock. I became a regular there and before long i joined the forums to post something. I assume this was my first post, but with pruning, who knows.

RE: How you came to be on the forum... by Sunshine on 12-08-2005 at 10:11 AM

I joined here march 10th 2004. First post i made contained a few suggestions (hmm wasn't my first post a thank you to patchou :mipdodgy: )

Lil later i needed some help with polygamy patch and jnrzloader (had a conflict between a patch and jnrzloader) and got help from Dwergs and CookieRevised (very detailed info and help as we know Cookie provides). My last post in that thread contained a nice thank you line, i said: .....who knows i become a techie one day...., hehee and lookie where i am today :D

After that i stuck around reading up on everything..soon i fell into a discussion about the reputationsystem..that was when i got the first member from this community on my MSN list (Keystorm). Helping out onhere gave meaning to my rather boring life (blah not gettin into details about that).

Then i felt like hey i want to meet these guys (talk to them informal, non help based) so i joined irc end of april/beginning of may that year. I joined into a joke..lol..wich made me fit right in..the ice was broken. Ofcourse i payed attention to help given inthere and soon i was helping out inthere myself...i still do.

Who got onto my MSN list how and when i don't remember but at this moment i got lots of members of this community onthere. This community feels like family to me...i got accepted and respected and my age and gender didn't matter at all (it makes no difference). I had a very speedy career onhere (and on irc) and my participation onhere led to all the other jobs/duties i have today (Female Elite Member, Msg Plus! Official Tester, Msg Plus! Sound Moderator, Dutch Msg Plus! Forums Smod, SPNG Betatester, Messenger Plus! SoundPack DB Admin (CR)).

I've never been banned and hope i never will. Neg reps, i've had a few (gone now) but most are positives. How can one leave who is accepted, respected and loved so much huh ;)

RE: How you came to be on the forum... by Millenium_edition on 12-08-2005 at 10:14 AM

i came over here since that "war" going on with msnfanatic... i was bored and had nothing better to do than looking for posts concerning that issue. but then i got banned from msnfanatic ((a)) and came over here

RE: How you came to be on the forum... by emit on 12-08-2005 at 11:07 AM

Well, mine is kind of a long story. Back when wtbw made the MSN Nicker plugin I helped him test it for Trillian (the only IM client I was able to use in the university library due to user restrictions) and then wtbw told me about Plus! so I visited the forums, joined (account name was "The Philosopher" I think), but I never posted. I found #msgplus on EFnet (IRC) from whoising wtbw on there and hung around in there for a while with sock/wtbw then wtbw and I had an argument and I got banned from #msgplus EFnet because wtbw didn't want to talk to me. So I visisted the forums again and found out about the IRC server and found wtbw on there too. At this point I just wanted to make-up over this stupid argument, but he decided to ban me from the server instead of giving me a chance to talk to him. 8-) So I trolled the forums with the account I had made and the account got banned/deleted. So I persistently visited the IRC server, using another nickname in an attempt to hide and stop being banned. I started to get to know people: Dane, segosa, kao... then I stayed on the server (and I'm still there today) and after a few months on IRC I made another forum account called "Exacerbate", which I subsequently had renamed to "Time" which is a nick I've been using on IRC for a few years. For clarification: I know wtbw in real life, we went to secondary school together, all in all I've known him a decade and I would consider him a close friend. :P So blame wtbw for my spam/trolling. It's a great community on the most part and I'm glad to be a member. I guess I've been here over a year with this new account now and on IRC close to 2 years perhaps. Heh.

Edit: people are listing bans too? I think I've had two 24 hour bans and one longer ban? Not sure. Plus the deleted/banned account. =p

RE: How you came to be on the forum... by RaceProUK on 12-08-2005 at 11:33 AM

I've been using Plus! since 1.42b, but only joined the forums around 2.50, when I decided to write those sound plugins I make long ago. I used this board to get help, and to release the plugins.

Edit: Just found my first post: must have been within a week of the release of Plus! 2.50, as it was about linking errors in VC++. And now, I'm working on converting the Plus! API Framework to Visual J# :D

I've come a long way in a little over two years...

RE: How you came to be on the forum... by Rik on 12-08-2005 at 11:45 AM

i start using plus on the day i had internet ( august 2004 )
then i started to read the forums in november until i saw that this was a great community :)

RE: How you came to be on the forum... by segosa on 12-08-2005 at 12:52 PM

I don't know how long it was before February 2003, but I was a regular user of MsgPlus 1.42b. I remember its very simple interface and I liked its quick-texts function best. But after an update to MSN Messenger (or was Windows Messenger the only thing used back then?) things started becoming extremely buggy. I figured out MsgPlus was causing the problem, so I uninstalled it.

February 2003, a friend started messaging me telling me about Messenger Plus! 2.0 which had been released (or it might have been a beta/alpha, can't remember) and he sent me it. I remembered it as being the MsgPlus I had uninstalled the year before. I noticed there were a lot of updates to 2.0, and I started using it regularly.

I asked him where he got it from since I couldn't find its website, and he linked me to a thread on these forums. I looked around a bit, then I wanted to register. My reason for registering was so newby and embarassing I won't mention it here. After I was registered I started helping some people with their MsgPlus problems, posted plenty of suggestions, and got to know a few people.

One of my suggestions was a command which stopped tags being evaluated (I suggested /text, I think he made it /notag or something). Patchou liked it, and included it. He told me if I wanted to have my name placed in the about window that I should PM him with the name I wanted, which I did.

The story of how I became a beta tester is actually quite interesting but I think Patchou might possibly not want me to make a big deal out of it.

So after I became a beta tester I stopped visiting the forums as often, and somehow I found IRC. Originally I used sock's webchat and didn't even want to bother with mIRC (my, what a fool I was) but eventually when the webchat died I had to start using it. IRC was under strict management back then. Management changed a bit, and things became more lenient.

Only in the last 6 months have I become more of a 'regular' on the forums.

EDIT: I've had two 24h bans I think.

RE: How you came to be on the forum... by Supersonicdarky on 12-08-2005 at 01:00 PM

i came here when plus! was 3.20 :)

the reason is in my first thread: a concept of msn 10 :)

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=38097&pid=376924

(never got banned (a))

RE: How you came to be on the forum... by qgroessl on 12-08-2005 at 01:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by segosa
EDIT: I've had two 24h bans I think.

Wow... haha.... and I'm suprised and how many people have enver been banned :p....
RE: How you came to be on the forum... by RaceProUK on 12-08-2005 at 02:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by segosa
One of my suggestions was a command which stopped tags being evaluated (I suggested /text, I think he made it /notag or something).
It's /text ;)
RE: How you came to be on the forum... by fluffy_lobster on 12-08-2005 at 05:01 PM

I think i originally came to make a suggestion about msgplus 1.42 or something.  Made a couple of other posts but not much, until Patchou opened up alpha testing for MP2... anyway I got onto the tester list so started coming regularly, and BAM I'm in the community. Not such a regular now, but that's because of other things that you'll find out about eventually ;)

And omgnobans

RE: How you came to be on the forum... by WDZ on 12-08-2005 at 05:01 PM

I found Plus! 1.20 or 1.20a (August 2001) shortly after someone from school encouraged me to get MSN Messenger. I thought it was really cool, so I visited the original forums, and kept visiting like once a day because there were some interesting suggestions and conversations there. Then on November 11 2001, Patchou created the XSOrbit board, where I immediately registered and soon became one of the top posters and eventually an admin. :o At the time, I was like 15, and still in school, and I had a really crappy PC with a really slow dial-up connection. :-/

[Image: attachment.php?pid=575164]

RE: How you came to be on the forum... by user27089 on 12-08-2005 at 05:02 PM

It was Jackasswanabe's (Stigmata's) fault...

November 11th 2003 ;p.

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
November 11 2001

:cheesy:.
RE: How you came to be on the forum... by Anubis on 12-08-2005 at 05:24 PM

Plus was kind of going around a load of us (just after version 2), and suddenly became popular. After a while I looked around the forums for a sollution to a problem I had, while there I read another thread that was interesting. I kept looking at the forum for about a week or so, and then realised I was reading all the interesting and funny threads (this was when guests could read T&T). However I never actually joined, and eventually never read any more threads.
Then in October 2003 I joined to find a sollution to another problem (regarding the Simpons sound packs), and then I just got into posting and posting.
I'm often busy and got other things to do now, and don't come here as much as I used to, but the community here is just so great. And I really like helping people out with technical problems. I very much think I'll be active here, in some form or another, until the forums are dead, or if it's me first!

RE: How you came to be on the forum... by pollolibredegrasa on 12-08-2005 at 06:00 PM

I also had Plus! since version 2, but never knew about the forums until about September last year and at first I just read the threads etc.

Then I registered when I lost all the sounds in my library to ask about how to re-install them (thread here) and after the topic came back up Cookie got in contact with me through PM & email with regards to the Messenger Plus! Sound Library Fixer, and I kinda decided to stay :P

RE: How you came to be on the forum... by Negro_Joe on 12-08-2005 at 06:57 PM

Traxor...:D

oh and james...<3

RE: How you came to be on the forum... by absorbation on 12-08-2005 at 06:59 PM

I started with Messenger Plus! a while ago, well 3.25, then i saw these forums after udating to 7.0 public beta and finding a plus beta in a thead on these forums. Later I remembered the thread to download this beta again and this time i stuck around :)

RE: How you came to be on the forum... by SikStyles on 12-08-2005 at 08:18 PM

I had a question, I got the answer very quickly, and then i decided to stay. Nothing much to it, im pretty sure how most of the people got here who have not yet replied to this thread, they just had a question and they were suggested to come on this forum and ask.

RE: How you came to be on the forum... by hmaster on 12-08-2005 at 09:20 PM

I think somebody linked to here from the mess.be forums for an answer to something. I signed up after I downloaded Plus! and then I only checked certain topics or answered rarely. Only recently Ive become a more "regular" member.

RE: How you came to be on the forum... by Elessar on 12-09-2005 at 07:30 AM

Well I was refered to this forum by TD, whom many of you would know as a frequent poster hear at the forum. He repeately encouraged me to post on the forums, even after I had joined and posted only twice and then left the forum unnoticed for a while.
Since then TD has been updating me with information regarding the forums and frequently requesting that I post.
It is thanks to his encouragement that I am on this forum.

RE: How you came to be on the forum... by -dt- on 12-09-2005 at 07:45 AM

I used to use one of the really old versions like 1.42 i registered on the old xorbit forums as "darktempler83" and posted there a few times then kinda forgot about it all.
a while later i went back to see if there was an update and found a new forum and people discussing plus 2 so i joined up as "darktempler83" again though i didnt post much ... then i just forgot about it again. then i forgot my password and joined as -dt- then started becoming more active.....

RE: How you came to be on the forum... by Weyzza on 12-09-2005 at 09:29 AM

Interesting stories, guys :happy:

* Weyzza forecasts this thread is going to be sticky.
What..? This is a part of forums history from every member.

I have been using Plus! since January 2003 not long after my friend sent me dodgy characters.
I thought I was hacked or something, but it turned out to be a sound command.
The next thing I know, he bombarded me with hundreds of /skiss'es.
I recommended Plus! for another guy, and he bombarded me with thousands of /skiss'es :dodgy:
It looks like the built-in sounds are not as hot as in the past :p

Then, one day, I was bored at school. I checked Plus!'s website and read Patchou was looking for suggestions for the next release at that time.

So... there came my first post.
Fortunately I didn't post my first post in T&T :p

Yep, that's my first post: a suggestion for Plus! which coincidentally became reality since many people wanted it too.

I've been here for more than 2 years and just hit Posting Freak milestone couple months ago, because I'm not a spammer :p
Ban count: nil.

RE: How you came to be on the forum... by ~INVASION~ on 12-09-2005 at 10:57 AM

ive been using plus! for a while now, had it back on my windows 95 with msn messenger like 4 or 5. heard from a bunch of ppl to get this new program, it can change the color of my name! I was like wow so i got it, played around with it and loved it!, that was version 2. I had no idea how to use the colour in my name :P.

The reason i joined was because of a skin i used, i was really into skinning and moding msn, the skin gave me a tab with the plus! logo so i was like, sweet! seen it and it was just a bunch of posts of random topics, i had no idea wat a forum even was. so i joined up under the name HALFWAY CROOKS, http://shoutbox.menthix.net/member.php?action=profile&uid=30714 i forgot the password to it and forgot about the forums. Came back 2 months later probably because i was modding msn.
From these forums ive learned tons! sooo much. I owe this forum for introducing me to a side of the internet i had no idea even existed, my first post is actually gone, vanished from the boards. When i first registered i noticed a few ppl who stood out, rebelsean being the biggest, i was confused when he got banned because he seemed like an awesome guy, but spamming didnt pay off and i quickly realised that. I have never been baned because ive seen what others do and dont do what they do. Some other ppl that stood out was booghost, slimshady, bach_m(i almost got my first invite to gmail from him), traxor and cookie. O and WDZ(obviousely) During my time here ive been a plus! beta tester spng beta tester and have made soooo much friends. Traxor being the first (man he was a crazy kid when i first met him):P

yep thats my history here. I doubt anybody read it, but if you did thx for taking the time because i took the time to read yours :)

RE: How you came to be on the forum... by Mippo on 12-10-2005 at 08:15 AM

I came here to report some dodgy mistake in the Dutch translation, and I still know exactly what it was. :P

They translated "Page" (to send a message to a pager) to the wrong meaning, they made it say page (of a book, etc)... So I came here and reported that in the Translation forums. I remember that in my first days of this forum, I only hung around the Translation forums! Later I volunteered to actually join in the Dutch translation team, but that went horribly wrong (not my fault, btw :chrongue:). Then I decided to go look in all the other forums, and saw that there was a lot of stuff going on. That's where the spam begun. :banana:

RE: How you came to be on the forum... by spokes on 12-10-2005 at 09:15 AM

by pressing the register button :p

RE: How you came to be on the forum... by user27089 on 12-10-2005 at 09:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ~INVASION~
Traxor being the first (man he was a crazy kid when i first met him)

:lol: Glad I came across that way :lol:.

quote:
Originally posted by spokes
by pressing the register button :p

Oh my god same here :|. Almost as much coincidence as when we found out that you know Emwilly! (Emily Davis) don't know if she's changed her name to Emily Lewis now though.
RE: How you came to be on the forum... by Dane on 12-10-2005 at 09:46 AM

Well, i've used Plus! since the early version (1.42b), and discovered the community soon after by performing a Google search.  I then registered when I discovered them, and applied to be a beta tester of Patchou's upcoming "Messenger Plus! 2 Alpha" (that post still exists and is located here).  I was accepted into that beta and eventually became active in the community and got into IRC, which I still visit from time to time.  To this day I remain a beta tester of Messenger Plus! from that first submission to test for Plus! 2, and hopefully will be a tester to the end.

Total Bans: 6
Most Recent Ban: 2005 (Reason: Requested a ban :: Granted by Chrono)

RE: How you came to be on the forum... by Jhrono on 12-10-2005 at 10:42 AM

I wanted to make a plug-in .. i had no idea  what programming was :P..
Times Banned : 3 or 4
Latest Ban : 2005 ( The usual reasons, defending my opinion )

RE: How you came to be on the forum... by Nathan on 12-10-2005 at 12:59 PM

My mum, I came over it by accident. My mum's mate had sent her msg and I loved it and went on this website.

So all  I can say is "Thanks Mum" :P

RE: How you came to be on the forum... by Vazza on 12-10-2005 at 09:39 PM

Hmmm...tried searching for my original post which I swear I posted somewhere here (I must have because I remember making a comment about Chrono and Tochjo on it and about a chain......oh well.....)

Basically came here after the sponsor program was first launched looking for help with it (whilst trying to convince my dad that everything was okay and I would get rid of it....in the next millenia or so) but had been using it before hand after trying several other programs. I originally only wanted away messages and after trying the rest, I found the best (How corny was that last bit).

Been around ever since although I seemed to have moved away from the support section into GCC. But with great friends that I have made over the time that I have been here (there's far too many to start naming them, but those dearest know who they are ;) (I (l) you all)) I guess I just decided to hang around...and well... I could get all patriotic....but I won't

* Vazza goes off to make a new years resolution: must help out more often

RE: How you came to be on the forum... by saralk on 12-10-2005 at 09:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by msg_plus_freak
So all  I can say is "Thanks Mum" :P

Damn you msg_plus_freak's mum :p (j/k)

I came on this forum after I saw my friend showed me version 1.42b, I remember back in the day when the main site had a frontpage template.

I have never been banned, and hope never to be banned.
RE: How you came to be on the forum... by user35870 on 12-10-2005 at 10:15 PM

I found Messenger Plus! on mess.be (it was at 3.20.100 then) and downloaded it and had a look round the website and found the forums.

RE: How you came to be on the forum... by lizard.boy on 12-10-2005 at 10:21 PM

beats me.. i've been here forever.
i've been using plus since 1.20a or something like that.
this is the first forum i ever joined, and basically what made me figure out what a forum was anyways. i'm more of a lurker than an active poster. even though i've collected well over 1500 posts (my counter says just under 1400, but everybody loves t&t).
and now i have over 20 forum members on my msn contact list as well.

oh. and i've never been banned. i'm a good boy. :P

RE: How you came to be on the forum... by FrozenDaggers on 12-10-2005 at 11:14 PM

I went on IRC first, then I kinda got involved with the forum after a couple of shawnz links to random threads :D

RE: How you came to be on the forum... by Tasha on 12-10-2005 at 11:23 PM

hmmm...
Oh yeah, someone on mess.be told me about this website in late October last year, and then I got Plus! etc. I went on IRC at first, I think I was on there reguarly for a month or so before I actually decided to sign up to the forums. =P (I actually reckon fluffy_lobster told me to sign up. o.o)

RE: How you came to be on the forum... by dotNorma on 12-11-2005 at 06:31 AM

A friend of mine told me to get it for the sounds, which I did. Some time later I installed the sponsor, and I posted asking how to remove the sponsor. I guess I just....stuck around because Im still here. I was eleven when I first joined, and Im still here...Its kind of sad actually. (I changed my name every year....From Messenger Plus! to NoName to Norma Jean to .Norma which I probably should get changed to dotNorma but I dont care enough)

As for bans, Ive had zero.