Shoutbox

Anybody know how to tab? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Anybody know how to tab? (/showthread.php?tid=53715)

Anybody know how to tab? by qgroessl on 12-08-2005 at 01:40 AM

I was wondering if anybody here knew how to tab?... Like... by listening to the song and getting it down on paper/computer whatever you do... I use a program called Powertab... It's pretty nice... but I only do it to print out tabs that I've found and to listen to the tabs I've found, I really don't kno whow to tab at all.

On what I was wanting... if anybody knows how to tab, could somebody make me some music for a few songs.... I have some Kenny G and I would like to have the sheet music for some of it to see if it's in my level of play :p.... Thanks for any body that can help!

Oh... reward: I'll give you a virtual cookie!

RE: Anybody know how to tab? by Stigmata on 12-08-2005 at 07:33 AM

I can read tab...

and if you showed me someone playing the song (like a guy on a guitar playing it) i could write it for you :P

Can't do it via listening to it.

Havn't played the guitar in years...

hmmm.......ask tractor

RE: Anybody know how to tab? by user27089 on 12-08-2005 at 07:46 AM

I can do it if you want me to, you'd have to give me some time though, as I don't play guitar much lately, and all I ever get to play is when I have nothing else to do.

RE: Anybody know how to tab? by qgroessl on 12-08-2005 at 01:38 PM

Hmm... It's actually a saxophone?... Do you think you could do that for me?... And I can send you the song over MSN or just tell you what one it is if you like... qgroessl[at]hotmail[dot]com.... Or it's just a couple of Kenny G ones... The Christmas Song by Kenny G, and umm The Sound of Silence also by Kenny G!

Thanks! I'm at school so I won't be able to check this till like 10 or so tonight when I get home! Hope to get a reply soon!