Shoutbox

What to do? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: What to do? (/showthread.php?tid=53787)

What to do? by Elessar on 12-10-2005 at 11:04 AM

One of the contacts on my msn (who is a good friend of mine) continues to send me insulting instant messages. I was wondering, has something similar ever happened to you? Where one of your contacts, a friend, decides to consistently nudge or send winks or insulting instant messages on msn? How would you approach this? As in... what would you say to this contact that continues to insult you....

RE: What to do? by Plik on 12-10-2005 at 11:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Elessar
what would you say to this contact that continues to insult you....
/block
RE: What to do? by Veggie on 12-10-2005 at 11:07 AM

You can disable nudges and winks in msns options for a start.

RE: What to do? by Discrate on 12-10-2005 at 11:08 AM

Well first you should check to see if it  is your friend really, like just in case someone has got into his or hers account. second you could ask why are you doing all of this and calling me these names. If no reply  or another insulting message block that person for about 5 minutes then try again. If it countinues just block that person for good, becuase if he is your friend he wouldnt be do all these things to you.

Hope  this helps

P.S you can also disable nudges and winks.

RE: What to do? by Elessar on 12-10-2005 at 11:09 AM

Good idea. And as for the block option. I actually don't want too.. because this person is a good friend, I'd just like for him to understand the fact that I don't like being insulted on msn, I don't think anyone does.

RE: RE: What to do? by Discrate on 12-10-2005 at 11:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Elessar
Good idea. And as for the block option. I actually don't want too.. because this person is a good friend, I'd just like for him to understand the fact that I don't like being insulted on msn, I don't think anyone does.

Well the next time you see him in person tell him you do not like this.
RE: What to do? by Elessar on 12-10-2005 at 11:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by joelm
Well first you should check to see if it  is your friend really, like just in case someone has got into his or hers account. second you could ask why are you doing all of this and calling me these names. If no reply  or another insulting message block that person for about 5 minutes then try again. If it countinues just block that person for good, becuase if he is your friend he wouldnt be do all these things to you.

Hope  this helps

P.S you can also disable nudges and winks.

Thanks for the idea. I really hope this helps.

RE: What to do? by SikStyles on 12-10-2005 at 04:13 PM

Well against insults there is nothing you can really do but just talk to the person, eye to eye. Ask him to stop and if he says no then he is just not a friend, and you should take those insults personally aswell, inuslt him back. And if you really dislike it then just block him, even if he is a good friend.

RE: What to do? by Negro_Joe on 12-10-2005 at 09:08 PM

Why would a good friend insult you on MSN for fun...?

RE: What to do? by saralk on 12-10-2005 at 09:24 PM

If your good friends are insulting you in such a blatant way, you really need to take a deep look at who your friends are.

RE: RE: What to do? by segosa on 12-10-2005 at 09:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Negro_Joe

Yeah, I dunno! Why would they do that, hmm, Ddunk?!?! :dodgy:

Anyway, if they're your friends then they'd stop if you asked them to. If they don't then perhaps you'd be better off with other friends.
RE: What to do? by J.J on 12-11-2005 at 01:19 AM

I know who Elessar (aka Ben) is talking about.

I guess, this person is kind of...well its his nature to be insulting. I guess thats his way of showing he likes a person.

Although, he does go too far at times. I don't think he'd ever really do anything harm to Ben, i just think Ben has to put his foot down for once.

quote:
Originally posted by segosa
quote:

:lol:
RE: RE: What to do? by segosa on 12-11-2005 at 03:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Third Dimension
quote:
Originally posted by segosa
quote:

:lol:

For the record, he insulted me as a joke to prove a point, after pasting the link to this thread :P
RE: What to do? by Rubber Stamp on 12-11-2005 at 05:15 PM

i quite understand, even i have such a frend who always finds it amusing to insult me. the more u tell him not to do it, the more he does it. so the best thing is to ignore such guys.