Shoutbox

Plus colored nicknames in a webmessenger! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Plus colored nicknames in a webmessenger! (/showthread.php?tid=53797)

Plus colored nicknames in a webmessenger! by etiennea on 12-10-2005 at 07:39 PM

Check it out everybody!!!

Color nicknames and text in plus! format are now supported in my webmessenger.
Colors only for now but the rest of the formatting will follow shortly!!
http://www.mmclient.com
Please comment on bugs etc.

Etienne

RE: Plus colored nicknames in a webmessenger! by user27089 on 12-10-2005 at 07:56 PM

It looks good and works really well.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=575996]

RE: Plus colored nicknames in a webmessenger! by etiennea on 12-10-2005 at 08:27 PM

yes forgive the few symbols that are not parsed yet -dt- is writing the code so all the tags will be done as we speak

RE: Plus colored nicknames in a webmessenger! by Stigmata on 12-10-2005 at 08:44 PM

i see myself :)

good work etiennea + dt

RE: Plus colored nicknames in a webmessenger! by etiennea on 12-12-2005 at 04:43 PM

I need a lot more traffic !!!
If I incorporate more plus! features do you think patchou might put a link to the plus! compatible webmessenger on his site?
I could brand it webplus! or something.
Are any of you plus! fans interested in helping out?

RE: Plus colored nicknames in a webmessenger! by Matti on 12-12-2005 at 05:22 PM

Well, if you need a cool design for your very good webmessenger, don't hesitate to contact me! :D

Btw, what about WebPlusMessenger? :P (Web + Messenger and Plus from MsgPlus!)

RE: Plus colored nicknames in a webmessenger! by aNILEator on 12-12-2005 at 08:48 PM

webmessenger plus, msgweb plus, etc?

RE: Plus colored nicknames in a webmessenger! by Millenium_edition on 12-13-2005 at 10:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by etiennea
I need a lot more traffic !!!
If I incorporate more plus! features do you think patchou might put a link to the plus! compatible webmessenger on his site?
I could brand it webplus! or something.
Are any of you plus! fans interested in helping out?
what features are you thinking of?
RE: Plus colored nicknames in a webmessenger! by ~INVASION~ on 12-13-2005 at 10:47 AM

that is an awesome job! Ill be sure to use this next time i go for a webmessenger

RE: Plus colored nicknames in a webmessenger! by etiennea on 12-13-2005 at 12:08 PM

they are pretty much all implementable, ofcourse some features might render the client less compatible but using flash for example we could have msgplus! sounds etc. We could have a conversation log (however this has to be very secure)-and a events log window. There are endless possibliblities We already have tabber convos and plus!parsing but all the notification, contact list, personlised status and logging options can be done. Pop3 email checking can be done as well.
The only problem is that time is a comodity i have little of.

RE: Plus colored nicknames in a webmessenger! by Millenium_edition on 12-13-2005 at 03:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by etiennea
we could have msgplus! sounds etc.
i knew this was going to come. :( unfortunately, plus! sounds are an example of a feature you're not allowed to include without patchou's permission (which you won't get, as he's the one paying for the server).

also, pop3 sounds very promising, but isn't it a bit useless to add that to an online msn messenger client? wouldn't you need to always enter your login details, which renders it a bit useless? (you could use telnet if you really want to check your mails :p )

btw, mmclient.com doesn't resolve in here o_O
RE: Plus colored nicknames in a webmessenger! by etiennea on 12-14-2005 at 02:09 PM

Well that doesnt matter for now there are a few more basic things my client needs I am working on.

Sorry mmclient's server was down for part of yesterday I don't know why.