Shoutbox

"The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" error - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" error (/showthread.php?tid=53803)

"The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" error by bobble_bob on 12-11-2005 at 01:13 AM

Am i right in thinking quite a few people are getting intermitant problems with messages not getting through? All seems to have started since the outage on Tuesday think it was.

I have been sending fine all day but getting problems now, i send a nudge which seems to fix it for abit, but are Microsoft planning on doing anything about this? My mate has problems with some of his contacts aswell

Windows Messenger works fine tho, arent they on the same server?

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" error by [MR] on 12-11-2005 at 01:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by bobble_bob

correct me if im wrong but i think they are on different servers since they are 2 different programs.
RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" error by bobble_bob on 12-11-2005 at 02:00 AM

I just assumed both are run by Microsoft so would use same servers, could be wrong tho

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" error by ShawnZ on 12-11-2005 at 02:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MR_5_MR
quote:

correct me if im wrong but i think they are on different servers since they are 2 different programs.

right, so thats why you can do the SAME THING with them, and access the SAME PEOPLE?
RE: RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" error by BigTrev on 12-11-2005 at 02:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
quote:
Originally posted by MR_5_MR
quote:

right, so thats why you can do the SAME THING with them, and access the SAME PEOPLE?

I think its a different protocol, as windows live messenger uses a different one to msn messenger but you are able to speak to the same people.
RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" error by ShawnZ on 12-11-2005 at 02:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by BigTrev
I think its a different protocol, as windows live messenger uses a different one to msn messenger but you are able to speak to the same people.

What does protocol have to do with the server?

And its the same protocol, but a different version.
RE: RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" error by BigTrev on 12-11-2005 at 02:24 AM

quote:
quote:

Could just be the protocol causing the error. As windows messenger is on a different protocol and it runs fine.
RE: RE: RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" error by bobble_bob on 12-11-2005 at 02:46 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:

Could just be the protocol causing the error. As windows messenger is on a different protocol and it runs fine.

So is there anything i can do at my end or is it all server side?
RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" error by bobble_bob on 12-11-2005 at 11:46 AM

One other thing

In Options -> Connection. After a few seconds it says im connected, then says im connected to the Internet using a direct connection. However on the little diagram thing between the world pic and the server pic there is a warning symbol? Should it be there, i cant start connection troubleshooting as its greyed out