Shoutbox

Hyperlink Crashes - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Hyperlink Crashes (/showthread.php?tid=53833)

Hyperlink Crashes by syncmaster33 on 12-11-2005 at 11:04 PM

Whenever I click on a hyperlink www.whatever.com , messenger crashes, freezes actually and I have to force it to close and then start it up again.  I am using the latest messenger and the most recent plus.  I also use firefox and am running xp.  I am also usually in a video converstaion as well.  The only other thing is that I have the transfer plus plugin installed.  Anyone else have this problem or ideas on what to do to fix it?  My sister who has the same software setup also has the same problem.  Help!

RE: Hyperlink Crashes by matty on 12-11-2005 at 11:15 PM

Are you using StuffPlug-NG by any chance to open links in default browsers?

RE: Hyperlink Crashes by syncmaster33 on 12-11-2005 at 11:18 PM

I was but uninstalled it since I thought that might be causing a conflict.  Had the same problem with it installed as I do now.

RE: Hyperlink Crashes by matty on 12-11-2005 at 11:20 PM

Did you try without Messenger Plus! installed?
Do you by any chance have SmileyCentral installed?

RE: Hyperlink Crashes by syncmaster33 on 12-11-2005 at 11:23 PM

Well.  I never had the problem before so I guess that is a yes.  It worked fine before plus.  I don't have smiley central installed.  I've also uninstalled plus and reinstalled it without any improvement.

RE: Hyperlink Crashes by matty on 12-11-2005 at 11:44 PM

Ok well pease uninstall Plus! and leave it uninstalled and try just to try and pinpoint the problem.

RE: Hyperlink Crashes by syncmaster33 on 12-11-2005 at 11:45 PM

Ok.  I will uninstall everything, including messenger and see if and when it returns.

RE: Hyperlink Crashes by syncmaster33 on 12-12-2005 at 02:58 AM

Ok.  I uninstalled everything.  Wiped the registry clean and reinstalled it.  Now, running with no plugins, I find that when ever I click on a hotlink in the messenger window, it will freeze only when I have a video/audio conversation going.  If we don't have the video/audio conversation going, it works just fine.  But when the video conversation is going, it freezes (although the other person tells me the camera is still going as is the audio, and for that matter I can still hear them, but the video and for that matter the whole window is frozen).  Anyone else have this problem or have any ideas?

Update.  I also check to see if it would happen with just an audio conversation and it doesn't. 

RE: Hyperlink Crashes by CookieRevised on 12-12-2005 at 11:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
Ok well please uninstall Plus! and leave it uninstalled and try just to try and pinpoint the problem.
quote:
Originally posted by syncmaster33
Ok.  I uninstalled everything.  Wiped the registry clean and reinstalled it.
Please do not re-install Plus!...

Uninstall Plus! and see if the problem still persists.

RE: Hyperlink Crashes by syncmaster33 on 12-12-2005 at 02:01 PM

Ok.  That was my bad.  I didn't explain what I did very well.  I uninstalled everything then reinstalled messenger.  I didn't have a problem.  Then I installed plus and that is when the problem came back, but as I mentioned before, only when I am video conferencing.  Hope that clears things up enough for someone to help this frustrated messenger plus fan.

RE: Hyperlink Crashes by CookieRevised on 12-12-2005 at 02:32 PM

IC...

And those links you press, are they text in a conversation, or are they links in people's names?

Also, can you state:
- what version of MSN Messenger you are running (complete version number: x.x.xxx)
- what version of Messenger Plus! are you running (complete version number: 3.x.xxx)
- Do you have all the latest Windows XP updates (including SP2)?

EDIT: IC = I see

RE: Hyperlink Crashes by syncmaster33 on 12-12-2005 at 02:42 PM

I'm not certain what IC means.....but I will answer what I can.  I am using MSN messenger version 7.5.0311, which should be the newest since I installed it from the web just yesterday.

Messenger plus is 3.61.145 which was also just installed yesterday.

XP SP2 fully updated.

They are text in a conversation window, not links in a person's name (haven't tried that)

RE: Hyperlink Crashes by stanislav on 01-12-2006 at 02:32 PM

im having exactly same problem here.
im using:
msn 7.5 (7.5.0306),
newest Messenger Plus
and sp2 is installed.

RE: Hyperlink Crashes by RaceProUK on 01-12-2006 at 03:34 PM

Latest Messenger is 7.5.0322 (QFE patch on Mess.be) or 7.5.0316 (no QFE).
Latest Plus! is 3.62.146.
Upgrade to them both and see if the problem persists.