Shoutbox

Sluggish MSN on new install - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Sluggish MSN on new install (/showthread.php?tid=53847)

Sluggish MSN on new install by al2002 on 12-12-2005 at 01:22 PM

I've just re-installed Windows XP for the first time in 2 years. The old install was fine but it was crashing too much so I decided to wipe and start again. The problem is, and I dunno whether it's do with Plus but it seems to have happened since I installed it, MSN 7.5 seems really sluggish! On my old install (which also had Plus) I used to double click on a contact and a conversation would open instantly. Now it takes a few seconds just to bring up the conversation window. Also, when I sign in, it appears to hang. It plays the sound for "You have X new emails in your inbox" but the message box itself which says that is only half shown and like I said it looks like the application has hung, but a few seconds later everything will appear.

Other than that it works fine but it's very frustrating, especially on a brand new install when you expect things to be faster, not slower!

Thanks for any feedback

Alex

RE: Sluggish MSN on new install by RaceProUK on 12-12-2005 at 03:34 PM

It may be issues with the server Messenger is logged into. Thre's a utility at mess.be that allows you to change servers: give that a try.

RE: Sluggish MSN on new install by DJKAL on 12-12-2005 at 06:49 PM

[

quote:
Originally posted by al2002
The problem is, and I dunno whether it's do with Plus but it seems to have happened since I installed it, MSN 7.5 seems really sluggish! On my old install (which also had Plus) I used to double click on a contact and a conversation would open instantly. Now it takes a few seconds just to bring up the conversation window. Also, when I sign in, it appears to hang. It plays the sound for "You have X new emails in your inbox" but the message box itself which says that is only half shown and like I said it looks like the application has hung, but a few seconds later everything will appear.

Other than that it works fine but it's very frustrating, especially on a brand new install when you expect things to be faster, not slower!

same problems here...i thnk its something to do with msn 7.5 itself ...but it COULD be messenger plus! the new version...i dont know i just know i have this prob too
RE: Sluggish MSN on new install by Super Dude on 12-16-2005 at 01:00 AM

I know A LOT of people who have found 7.5 is really really slow. Even windows popping up for me are quite slow (ie: main contact window). But after installing and uninstalling afew times, its seemed to work alittle quicker, but windows are still abit laggy.

Thus why they all went back to 7 or 6.2