Shoutbox

custom text colors on your personal message on messenger - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: custom text colors on your personal message on messenger (/showthread.php?tid=53848)

custom text colors on your personal message on messenger by hello on 12-12-2005 at 01:47 PM

lately, everyone has been getting colors on their personal messages when using messenger, and ppl been tight over helping me, so can anyone tell me how you do it?

RE: custom text colors on your personal message on messenger by Sunshine on 12-12-2005 at 02:12 PM

You use Stuffplug NG to do that. The command is /xpsm (in a conversationwindow just like /nick) putting colours in is done the same as putting colour in your nick (ctrl+k), just make sure there's still a space after /xpsm.

If it's your first time installing Stuffplug NG make sure you check the "needed" list too when installing (a screen will come up in wich you can choose to install additional plugins etc...you'll see only stuffplug is checked by default..you need to check the list right under that), follow instructions carefully. By installing this list you make sure everything SPNG needs is on your computer.

RE: custom text colors on your personal message on messenger by hello on 12-12-2005 at 02:36 PM

can you tell me more details, i dont really get it :$

RE: custom text colors on your personal message on messenger by Sunshine on 12-12-2005 at 02:42 PM

1. Download stuffplug NG from above link and install...when a screen with a list comes up check the box right underneath stuffplug..read and follow instructions carefully (at one point it will ask you to reboot, you have to choose NO/later there)
2. Configure Stuffplug as you wish
3. Open a conversation window and type /xpsm<space><new psm>, don't press enter yet!
4. Select the part you want coloured and press ctrl+k, then choose a colour....(you can also press ctrl+k after /xpsm<space>)
5. Make sure there is still a space after /xpsm (if there isn't one it will tell you the command is not recognized or invalid) and press enter. Your psm will now be coloured.

RE: custom text colors on your personal message on messenger by hello on 12-13-2005 at 04:34 AM

thanks for the help.

btw when i installed it, when i want to go to my msn space, it directs me without a new window being open, but a page im using for another site, so when i want to go directly to my msn space, instead of using I.E it directly goes to my firefox explorer, do anyone know how to stop it?

RE: custom text colors on your personal message on messenger by J.J on 12-13-2005 at 04:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by hello
btw when i installed it, when i want to go to my msn space, it directs me without a new window being open, but a page im using for another site, so when i want to go directly to my msn space, instead of using I.E it directly goes to my firefox explorer, do anyone know how to stop it?

In Stuffplug-NG's options go to General. Then untick Open all links in default browser

This will solve your problem.
RE: custom text colors on your personal message on messenger by matty on 12-13-2005 at 01:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by hello
can you tell me more details, i dont really get it :$
quote:
Originally posted by Third Dimension
In Stuffplug-NG's options go to General. Then untick Open all links in default browser

This will solve your problem.

TD, I doubt hello will understand this.

hello,

1. Open the Main Contact List window for MSN
2. Click on the Plus! Menu
3. Click Preferences
4. Click Plugins on the left menu
5. Click StuffPlug-NG from the List
6. Click Configure
7. Uncheck Open all links in default browser
8. Click ok on the StuffPlug-NG - Options window
9. Click ok on the Messenger Plus! Preferences.
RE: custom text colors on your personal message on messenger by bobble_bob on 12-14-2005 at 06:29 PM

Can anyone view your personal message? If so whats the point of them, seem useless

RE: custom text colors on your personal message on messenger by MeEtc on 12-14-2005 at 06:31 PM

yes, anyone with MSN version 7.0 or higher can view your personal message

RE: custom text colors on your personal message on messenger by bobble_bob on 12-15-2005 at 06:14 PM

So whats personal about them then? Just seems like the same as your MSN name but in italics

RE: custom text colors on your personal message on messenger by MeEtc on 12-15-2005 at 06:17 PM

almost. you can also use most media programs to show what music you are currently listening to, its an extra space to write in, leave notes, anything else that you want it to be for