Shoutbox

problem (msn disconnected) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: problem (msn disconnected) (/showthread.php?tid=53850)

problem (msn disconnected) by ReD-RevolutioN on 12-12-2005 at 02:54 PM

I was surfing the internet and i was talking with a contact in msn.But after a minute not using msn it disconnected !!!Why did this happen?

RE: problem by fishybobbins on 12-12-2005 at 03:22 PM

There are many reasons why this could have happened.  First you should search the forum or try google.

Have you got the latest version of msn and Msg Plus!??

RE: problem (msn disconnected) by ReD-RevolutioN on 12-14-2005 at 12:49 PM

i have 7.5 msn messenger but i havent installed msn plus.Why was i disconnected?

RE: problem (msn disconnected) by RaceProUK on 12-14-2005 at 01:54 PM

Disconnected from Messenger, or just from the conversation?

RE: problem (msn disconnected) by -rafy- on 12-14-2005 at 02:59 PM

It could have been one of hundreds of reasons to be honest.

Was it a one off thing? Or is it continuosly occuring? If its a one off (which it sounds like it was) i wouldnt worry about it. :)

RE: problem (msn disconnected) by ReD-RevolutioN on 12-16-2005 at 08:50 PM

no it happens to me sometimes per week or so.the whole program was disconnected why is this happening?

RE: problem (msn disconnected) by vincerooney on 12-16-2005 at 11:31 PM

It might not be msn. It might be your internet connection. Are you on broadband? The past two days my msn has been randomly shutting down, i thought it was a problem with msn to begin with. Until i realise my net was turning itself off for about a minute every couple of hours or so.

If you can still surf the net then you get disconnected off msn my advice would be

- uninstall msn messenger
- download and install msn messenger (again)
- install plus again.

It's a simple procedure but i find it solves most problems

RE: problem (msn disconnected) by Blair on 12-17-2005 at 04:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ReD-RevolutioN
msn plus

msgplus

MSN seems to be a bit unstable lately, a lot of my contacts have been randomly disconnected (not internet, from MSN only).

As vincerooney has said, get the latest version on MSN Messenger. Mess.be reports users struggling with slow sign in times, and new builds of MSN are bring released to fix these kinds of problems (not sure if this also affects network stability).

quote:
Originally posted by ReD-RevolutioN
I was surfing the internet and i was talking with a contact in msn.But after a minute not using msn it disconnected !!!Why did this happen?

In the future try to detail the problems/version numbers/installed programs (msgplus + plugins)/patches in your first post.

If it's only happening once a week or so I really wouldn't worry about it. ^o)

Edit: After reading cookies post in another thread, maybe read this:

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Sign in problems

MSN Messenger 7.5.0311 is not the lastest version, and it needs an update (to fix common sign in problems among other things). The latest version is currently 7.5.0322. And is available here (This is a direct public download. Though, it is not yet available on the main messenger site, nor download center).

Also see JohnWeis' post on mess.be.

RE: problem (msn disconnected) by ReD-RevolutioN on 12-22-2005 at 06:37 PM

ok thx for your help anyway.I really appreciate it.But i have 2 more questions:

Msgplus has spyware?Cause i install it without ads and when i am doing a scan with microsoft antispyware it shows me many signatures from msgplus..

And secondly when i download msn messenger from www.msn.com how am i going to know which version i download?I mean f.e 7.5.11 or 7.5.33

RE: problem (msn disconnected) by RaceProUK on 12-22-2005 at 08:21 PM

It's adware, not spyware, and MSAS should mark it as 'adware bundler', which is correct. Given you didn't install the sponsor program, you don't actually have adware installed.

As for the version of MSN, install it and check ;)

RE: problem (msn disconnected) by ReD-RevolutioN on 12-22-2005 at 08:45 PM

this version 7.5.0322 exist for greek language?I apologize for my bad english i hope you understand what i mean

RE: problem (msn disconnected) by RaceProUK on 12-23-2005 at 01:06 PM

Possibly: check the download page, and select the language you want.

RE: problem (msn disconnected) by ReD-RevolutioN on 01-02-2006 at 08:50 PM

i cant select any language in the link they sent in this topic..

RE: problem (msn disconnected) by Negro_Joe on 01-02-2006 at 08:53 PM

i have been having problems with MSn at the moment, it syas my contact list could not be recovered..:S

does anyone know of any problems at MSN headquarters..:P

RE: RE: problem (msn disconnected) by CookieRevised on 01-02-2006 at 09:02 PM

[OFF TOPIC]

quote:
Originally posted by Negro_Joe
i have been having problems with MSn at the moment, it syas my contact list could not be recovered..:S

does anyone know of any problems at MSN headquarters..:P

Always search forums before reporting a problem.
And if the problem is different than what is discussed in a thread, make a new thread (only if it wasn't handled before)...
And try not to cross post about the same problems (reason more to start a new thread, if the problems weren't handled before)

anyways, see CookieRevised's reply to contact list

[/OFF TOPIC]

RE: problem (msn disconnected) by ReD-RevolutioN on 01-07-2006 at 11:43 PM

i still have problems with msn disconnecting and i dont understand why...Can u please tell me where i can find the 7.5.0322 with greek language?

RE: problem (msn disconnected) by CookieRevised on 01-08-2006 at 06:37 AM

7.5.0322 is not yet available in Greek.

The build 7.5.0322 is still being tested and not yet in publically available stage for all languages. The latest major version, available for all languages can always be downloaded from http://messenger.msn.com/.

Or in case of 7.5.0311 (which is currently the latest major version) you can download it from here also:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?F...-b4ea-06d6fe76ba82