Shoutbox

Windows Live Messenger official beta testers - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers (/showthread.php?tid=53887)

Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by riahc4 on 12-14-2005 at 12:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Microsoft Connect
Welcome to the Windows Live™ Messenger 8.0 Beta!

We are excited to welcome you as one of our exclusive Managed Beta testers and look forward to taking all of your feedback. The beta has not yet started but keep an eye on your inbox for an email from us with information on where to download the software.

We know you are all anxious to get started so we have opened up the newsgroups for you to use. Here is a chance to get to know your fellow beta testers and start building a beta community that will help make Windows Live Messenger great. If you haven't set up your newsgroups you can do so by clicking the “Community” link on the left and follow the instructions.

Bout time Im in a Messenger beta :P

Alot of people over at Mess.be are just waiting for their link. Just wanna know who here is in the beta as well. (I imagine Cookie and Patchou from the top of my head)

Admin Edit
Requests for invites in this thread will be deleted. There is a seperate thread for invite begging.

That is all.

~Wj

RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by ~INVASION~ on 12-14-2005 at 12:26 AM

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=53840

RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by riahc4 on 12-14-2005 at 12:38 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ~INVASION~
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=53840
Yes I noticed this thread (seeing as its the top thread) but thats the survey which was done a long time ago; This is for people that accually got in the program and are actual beta testers.
quote:
Can anyone send me an invite to Windows Live Messenger 8 BETA?....

I live in Australia

Send it to *******@hotmail.com
I dont think just anyone is gonna send you a invite. Youll have to get someone to be your friend. Im sending all of mine out to any personal friend that wants it THEN Ill think of people on Mess.be/Neowin/Messenger Plus!.
And another thing; Dont post your email here because then you are just asking for spam.
RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by Thatdot7.1 on 12-14-2005 at 12:41 AM

This Beta worked with invitations.... just like Gmail.... so the first batch of beta-testers can invite other people to join the beta test....

RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by ~INVASION~ on 12-14-2005 at 12:49 AM

are you actually using version 8 now, cause it says that on my connect page, but no link

RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by Thatdot7.1 on 12-14-2005 at 12:53 AM

I am using WLM8.... but I want to be a real beta tester.... you should be able to download WLM8....

Oh, btw.... the WLM8 beta period starts from today

RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by surfichris on 12-14-2005 at 01:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Thatdot7.1

Oh, btw.... the WLM8 beta period starts from today
Actually, it started about a month ago, if not earlier and some of us have been using it since then.
quote:
I am using WLM8.... but I want to be a real beta tester....
Good, then don't nag for invites.
quote:
you should be able to download WLM8....
Only testers hould be able to download it.
RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by guanako on 12-14-2005 at 02:56 AM

i got that email long time before doing the survey, so not much new to me.

RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by albert on 12-14-2005 at 03:21 AM

I'm in :) Looking forward to start hunting for bugs :)

RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by guanako on 12-14-2005 at 03:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lp15
I'm in :) Looking forward to start hunting for bugs :)
in as testing? or in as gonna get it?
RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by BeerBro on 12-14-2005 at 03:41 AM

on the messengersay blog...

Leah added

quote:
Addendum - i posted when i heard the client went out - then i left work before i heard that the invites have not been sent out. It's ok, you can blame the messenger. Just think of it as getting a preview... I'll remove this as soon as i hear differently. But not till the morning  at the earliest (i'm going out tonight).

so yea... i'm going to sleep, lol
RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by surfichris on 12-14-2005 at 05:05 AM

Butterflies [testers], should now have access to download the beta.

RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by Dane on 12-14-2005 at 05:24 AM

Yep...Just a note (Thanks to TReKiE), if you cant click the "Download Now" button in your email, its because Microsoft cant code.  View the page source until you find <a href='http://ideas.live.com/AcceptInvitation.aspx... and then copy that URL into your browser to accept and download WLM.  I couldnt figure it out either, TReKiE knows all though.

RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by albert on 12-14-2005 at 05:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Dane
Yep...Just a note (Thanks to TReKiE), if you cant click the "Download Now" button in your email, its because Microsoft cant code.  View the page source until you find <a href='http://ideas.live.com/AcceptInvitation.aspx... and then copy that URL into your browser to accept and download WLM.  I couldnt figure it out either, TReKiE knows all though.

Damn you guys received it? I havent gotten a thing, though i am a beta tester.. :S hum..

quote:
Originally posted by Dane

Damn you guys received it? I havent gotten a thing, though i am a beta tester.. :S hum..
RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by ~INVASION~ on 12-14-2005 at 05:39 AM

got it and downloading ;)

RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by NiteMare on 12-14-2005 at 05:46 AM

damn, wheres my e-mail:(

RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by ~INVASION~ on 12-14-2005 at 05:57 AM

as of now i have no invites to hand out, but the first will go to other users of my computer
[Image: neoshooter10xw.th.png]

RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by leito on 12-14-2005 at 06:36 AM

Yes no invites for now. My Download Now link worked ok on Live Mail!

RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by Chestah on 12-14-2005 at 08:16 AM

If anyone has any spare Invites please consider me ;)! Infact, i haven't heard of any Australians that have gotten into this beta yet!

RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by Keeguon on 12-14-2005 at 10:55 AM

I've a question, if someone can invite 10 persons if I remember well, this invited persons can invite 10 persons or not? Because if it's the case why it's so complicate to became a "Butterfly"...

And if someone have any invites for me I beg her/his to give me one :) !

P.S. : Sorry, if I've made some mistakes but I'm a frenchie guy :p !

RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by Eljay on 12-14-2005 at 12:00 PM

if anyone has a spare invite feel free to launch it in my general direction :P

RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by surfichris on 12-14-2005 at 12:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chestah
Infact, i haven't heard of any Australians that have gotten into this beta yet!
Umm, did I not post that I was and have been for a while?

Note to everyone: Don't bother requesting invites in this thread!
RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by King Of Chaos on 12-14-2005 at 05:42 PM

I love being a beta tester.

P.S. Please don't ask me for invites. :D

RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by albert on 12-14-2005 at 05:50 PM

Am I the only beta tester who has not yet received a download link? do anyone know what may be causing this? :S

RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by King Of Chaos on 12-14-2005 at 05:53 PM

Check your junk email.

RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by *Saint* on 12-14-2005 at 05:59 PM

quote:
Am I the only beta tester who has not yet received a download link? do anyone know what may be causing this? :S

me too
RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by Supersonicdarky on 12-14-2005 at 06:00 PM

i haven't gotten it either :(

RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by albert on 12-14-2005 at 06:01 PM

Possibly we're not into the beta-test first batch..? This sucks though.. :( I can't wait to start testing.. :(

RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by *Saint* on 12-14-2005 at 06:04 PM

some people say it goes by region, and we are all from canada, and lp15 and me are both from montreal and supersonic from ottawa, which is all the same area (within 1 hour 30 mins)

RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by Supersonicdarky on 12-14-2005 at 06:08 PM

i guess Canadians are second class citizens :(

Edit: Second class beta testers*
Edit2: FYI: I'm from ottawa

RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by riahc4 on 12-14-2005 at 06:16 PM

quote:
Maybe you simply didnt get invited to the beta. You might have done the survey but for whatever reason Microsoft didnt accept you.
RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by faquick on 12-14-2005 at 06:23 PM

Please login to the private newsgroups and read the ANNOUNCEMENTS group, there is a specific information about Canadian testers ;)

(sorry, I don't want to paste it here, I won't forward what's it's in private beta NGs)

RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by Salem on 12-14-2005 at 06:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
quote:
Originally posted by Microsoft Connect
Welcome to the Windows Live™ Messenger 8.0 Beta!

We are excited to welcome you as one of our exclusive Managed Beta testers and look forward to taking all of your feedback. The beta has not yet started but keep an eye on your inbox for an email from us with information on where to download the software.

We know you are all anxious to get started so we have opened up the newsgroups for you to use. Here is a chance to get to know your fellow beta testers and start building a beta community that will help make Windows Live Messenger great. If you haven't set up your newsgroups you can do so by clicking the “Community” link on the left and follow the instructions.

Bout time Im in a Messenger beta :P

Alot of people over at Mess.be are just waiting for their link. Just wanna know who here is in the beta as well. (I imagine Cookie and Patchou from the top of my head)

I'm an official Windows Live Messenger tester:)
RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by albert on 12-14-2005 at 06:24 PM

quote:
quote:
Maybe you simply didnt get invited to the beta. You might have done the survey but for whatever reason Microsoft didnt accept you.

Nop, i have been accepted it shows in my Connect page thing.. :)

quote:
Originally posted by faquick
Please login to the private newsgroups and read the ANNOUNCEMENTS group, there is a specific information about Canadian testers ;)

(sorry, I don't want to paste it here, I won't forward what's it's in private beta NGs)

Argh.. won't be home for another four hours.. :( sucks.. but ill check it out :) thx for the info!
RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by ~INVASION~ on 12-14-2005 at 06:39 PM

i dunno im from canada and i got the invite, so supersonic check your junk and anywhere else you can think of

RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by King Of Chaos on 12-14-2005 at 06:42 PM

There was a bug in there system, so there holding off on sending Canadian people's download links....It'll be fixed soon.

RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by *Saint* on 12-14-2005 at 06:49 PM

quote:
i dunno im from canada and i got the invite, so supersonic check your junk and anywhere else you can think of
maybe but we are all eastern canada, and really close

quote:
Originally posted by King Of Chaos
There was a bug in there system, so there holding off on sending Canadian people's download links....It'll be fixed soon.

if this is true, i hope so :D

RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by t1a0s on 12-14-2005 at 06:50 PM

Damn I've wanted to be a beta tester for so long, I've applied for every single one since 6.0. If anyone feels lk sendin an invite my way :) Sayin tha, I doubt it'll b long before they release the next set of invitations....might get lucky.

RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by Supersonicdarky on 12-14-2005 at 07:10 PM

quote:

already did, when lp15 first posted it. nothing
RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by King Of Chaos on 12-14-2005 at 07:50 PM

For all the Canadian beta testers....

quote:
"We have a bug in ideas.live.com that will make it so all you will see is French text when you go to the site. We are fixing the bug right now and hope to have ready sometime tomorrow. (Wednesday) In the meantime we are going to hold off sending you the download/authorization link. I know this will disappoint all of you who are following the newsgroups and wouldn't mind wading your way through the French text. But there are hundreds of you who are not on the newsgroups yet who will be surprised by this poor experience. Thanks for your patience!"
Source:
http://www.neowin.net/index.php?act=view&id=31742
RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by Keeguon on 12-14-2005 at 08:01 PM

I love your sign KOC, in other words you say : "I'll not give any invitations !"

RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by King Of Chaos on 12-14-2005 at 08:14 PM

I will give invites out to those I choose. I just don't like people begging me.

RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by Stigmata on 12-14-2005 at 09:19 PM

weeeeeeeee

got my email :)

RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by prashker on 12-14-2005 at 09:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by King Of Chaos
"We have a bug in ideas.live.com that will make it so all you will see is French text when you go to the site. We are fixing the bug right now and hope to have ready sometime tomorrow. (Wednesday) In the meantime we are going to hold off sending you the download/authorization link. I know this will disappoint all of you who are following the newsgroups and wouldn't mind wading your way through the French text. But there are hundreds of you who are not on the newsgroups yet who will be surprised by this poor experience. Thanks for your patience!"

:'( I already know that but I always get sad when I read it :P
RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by expert on 12-14-2005 at 10:48 PM

quote:
as of now i have no invites to hand out, but the first will go to other users of my computer
[Image: neoshooter10xw.th.png]
yay!\o/ thats me:P
RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by albert on 12-15-2005 at 12:02 AM

Okay hey maybe some1 can help me, I set up the newsgroup using OUTLOOK Express, but I can only see 2 posts from the admin.. is that normal?

RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by BigTrev on 12-15-2005 at 01:15 AM

quote:
Okay hey maybe some1 can help me, I set up the newsgroup using OUTLOOK Express, but I can only see 2 posts from the admin.. is that normal?

Reset the newgroup list in outlook express:

tools -> newsgroups -> Reset list, It took a while for me to get them.

Trev
RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by albert on 12-15-2005 at 01:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by BigTrev

Trev

thx, Saint helped me out :)
RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by -rafy- on 12-15-2005 at 08:19 AM

So how does one set up the beta newsgroup....

RE: RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by eastera on 12-15-2005 at 08:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by BigTrev
quote:

Trev

I have done it,but till now I can only see 2 posts yet......:(
RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by mwe99 on 12-15-2005 at 09:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by eastera

are you sure you're subscribed to the relevant groups?

RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by eastera on 12-15-2005 at 10:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
quote:

I'm sure:(
RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by Supersonicdarky on 12-15-2005 at 12:40 PM

they sent me the download link, i installed but they didnt enable my email yet. and in the email they said its ready for me :(

RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by BeerBro on 12-15-2005 at 09:33 PM

yes! i finally got started beta testing.. I'm from Canada.. :D

RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by albert on 12-15-2005 at 10:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by BeerBro
yes! i finally got started beta testing.. I'm from Canada.. :D

Same here, would any WLM 8.0 Beta Tester plz add me on my account? it's albert[dot]abou[dot]nasr[at]gmail[dot]com

thx :)
RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by Super Dude on 12-16-2005 at 12:53 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:

I'm sure:(

I'm only seeing two messages. I just got the WLM8 beta invite this morning and installed it about an hour ago. Its alittle bit cluttered, but otherwise quite awsome!
RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by CookieRevised on 12-16-2005 at 04:03 AM

The purpose of the invites is so you can TEST certain aspects of Windows Live Messenger, meant to be given to people who are also "able" to do beta testing and take things seriously.

You are choosen to be BETA TESTER. This means you are serious about beta testing, otherwise you wouldn't have subscribed to it. Microsoft also trusts you in taking this seriously.

Invites are not meant to hand out to random people or to make it into a competition or whatever! Invites are an extra tool for beta testing and should be handled like that.

PS: this post was in response to a post which has been deleted. Though I'll leave it here as it seems these invites are turning more and more into simply a sport of having them and handing them out than about serious beta testing.

RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by guanako on 12-16-2005 at 04:20 AM

dont ask wat someone thinks of someone, the invitation is your, you decide wat to with it ;)

RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by -rafy- on 12-16-2005 at 05:26 AM

Hello!

Thank you for your help in testing the new Windows LiveTM Messenger Beta! You have just received invitations to send to your friends and family!

Follow the steps below to send invites:

1. Go to http://ideas.live.com/, click Beta users sign in here, and then sign in.
   2. Click Windows Live Messenger Beta, and then click the "Invite them to sign up" link on the right side of the page.

Enjoy!

The Windows Live Messenger team

RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by *Saint* on 12-16-2005 at 05:28 AM

I Got It Too :D

|
|
V

RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by matty on 12-16-2005 at 06:06 AM

I am gonna sell an invite on ebay! :refuck:

RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by ~INVASION~ on 12-16-2005 at 06:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty

quote:
Originally posted by Leah
All beta testers are supplied with a limited set of invites to hand out to friends, family, or the highest bidder.  If you’re not in the first batch, I recommend:

Step 1. Making friends with a Beta Tester

Step 2. Bake him/her a cake…

… a quadruple layer cake,

…with ice cream on the side,

…shaped like the green Messenger guy,

Step 3. Offer to wash his/her car for a year…

…with a toothbrush,

…your toothbrush.

Step 4. Threaten to bake another cake…with his/her cat inside+  =

Step 5. Bat your eyelashes (hey, it works for me)

you are allowed to sell them on ebay and, who wants to bake me a cake :D
RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by ShawnZ on 12-16-2005 at 06:14 AM

quote:
Windows Live Messenger official beta testers

hay i'm one of dem.
RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by Supersonicdarky on 12-16-2005 at 12:12 PM

quote:
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Leah
All beta testers are supplied with a limited set of invites to hand out to friends, family, or the highest bidder.  If you’re not in the first batch, I recommend:

…with a toothbrush,

…your toothbrush.

you are allowed to sell them on ebay and, who wants to bake me a cake :D

I already asked someone do to that :P They practicly agreed :D (the cake part)
RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by guanako on 12-16-2005 at 03:11 PM

i have no invites yet:( wat are they based on?

RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by hmaster on 12-16-2005 at 03:16 PM

I was invited :D

quote:
Originally posted by guanako
If you were invited by MS then login to http://ideas.live.com and scroll to messenger beta and it'll say how many invites you have.

RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by guanako on 12-16-2005 at 03:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by hmaster
I was invited :D

quote:
If you were invited by MS then login to http://ideas.live.com and scroll to messenger beta and it'll say how many invites you have.
i have 0 invites, i been checkin since i got WLM but nathing, i guess just wait ah.
RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by hmaster on 12-16-2005 at 03:31 PM

quote:
i have 0 invites, i been checkin since i got WLM but nathing, i guess just wait ah.
Thats odd, try getting them from messenger.
In WLM go to Help->Beta Invitations

RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by guanako on 12-16-2005 at 03:35 PM

same, it says i am out of invites and that they will contac me iget invites, when i didnt even get them :S :P

RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by Corris on 12-16-2005 at 07:08 PM

hehe, im an official beta tester

i spent 9-10 hours on another forum (starts with neo) waiitng for invites, and i finally got one
and now i use it
miss plus though :(

RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by Super Dude on 12-16-2005 at 08:07 PM

If you got the invite from someone, you arent really an offical beta tester because you don't have access to any discussion about problems with the program, or updates and so on. You where just INVITED to try the program out. Thats all. Only the offical testers have access to the newsgroup, and get invites (and so on, and so on).

RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by Corris on 12-17-2005 at 10:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Super Dude
If you got the invite from someone, you arent really an offical beta tester because you don't have access to any discussion about problems with the program, or updates and so on. You where just INVITED to try the program out. Thats all. Only the offical testers have access to the newsgroup, and get invites (and so on, and so on).

i only used the word offical becuase im not one of the large amount of people who are using live messenger with that program that lets u log in without being a beta tester

and on idea.live page it says i can get invites to give, i just dont ahve any yet :(
RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by RebelSean on 12-17-2005 at 07:49 PM

quote:

I actually thought about doing that. I wonder, if it would be -okay- to do it :p.
RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by Trunten on 12-19-2005 at 02:23 AM

I don't know where the other topic I posted in went....

Anyway, I'm an official beta tester, and not by an invite.

RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by AmericanNinja on 12-19-2005 at 05:25 AM

I am in the WML Beta too been trying since MSN Messenger 7.0 and I finally got it! w00t!:D

RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by Hank on 12-19-2005 at 06:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by XxRebelSeanxX
quote:

I actually thought about doing that. I wonder, if it would be -okay- to do it :p.

you'd have to be pretty desperate to buy it :)
RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by ipab on 12-19-2005 at 07:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by XxRebelSeanxX
I actually thought about doing that. I wonder, if it would be -okay- to do it

technically they never said you can't do it. Plus on MessengerSays Leah comments on giving the invite to the highest bidder.

quote:
Originally posted by Leah on December 13, 2005

All beta testers are supplied with a limited set of invites to hand out to friends, family, or the highest bidder.

RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by BeVeR on 12-19-2005 at 09:57 AM

whahahahah im gunna sell mine for shure!!!!!

RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by Luigi on 12-19-2005 at 10:10 AM

I hope there aren't so many people that will pay for a WLM invitation... I won't do it (but if someone wants to invite me, I will accept... :P ), because I think it's pretty stupid to pay for something that I'll have for free in some months...

RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by mwe99 on 12-19-2005 at 10:33 AM

Finally got my official download/invite link and already got bugs to report but gotta check they haven't been reported yet.

I'm sure Microsoft won't allow people to sell them soon and if it continues being a discussion, they'll probably have an official reply.

RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by Menthix on 12-19-2005 at 11:44 AM

quote:
Finally got my official download/invite link and already got bugs to report but gotta check they haven't been reported yet.
You can't report bugs when you're in the invite only beta. All you can do is download and use WLM, nothing more.

quote:
Microsoft won't allow people to sell them
I don't think Microsoft cares much what you do with the invites:
quote:
Originally posted by http://spaces.msn.com/members/MessengerSays/
So who gets to play? The first set of Beta testers is made up of us, MCI employees (see the next post to find out why) users who have tested previous closed-betas; users who signed up through http://connect.microsoft.com; some loyal blog readers , and handful of others – like my parents. (Hi mom! Hi dad!)

…with a toothbrush,

…your toothbrush.

By this point, if you’ve sunk as low as you’re willing to go and have still come up short, you’ll have to be patient. From now until the final release, we’ll be opening up for more and more testers, and making changes/adding new features along the way. It won’t be long before we can strip the “Beta” and sign everyone up for Windows Live Messenger. Think of it this way: WLM is like fine wine…you may have to wait, but when you get it, it’ll get you drunk on IM-goodness.

RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by mwe99 on 12-19-2005 at 11:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
You can't report bugs when you're in the invite only beta. All you can do is download and use WLM, nothing more.

I'm not in the invite beta lol, they just delayed sending my my download, i signed up through connect. Microsoft sent me the link. I had the forms for bug reports and other stuff on connect but didnt have my passport provisioned so couldnt sign in.
RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by Underlord on 12-19-2005 at 01:26 PM

I finally received an invite to the managed beta, today. Does anyone have any ideas as to why i received my invitation so late?

RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by mwe99 on 12-19-2005 at 01:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Underlord
I finally received an invite to the managed beta, today. Does anyone have any ideas as to why i received my invitation so late?

Microsoft had been experiencing delays according to an email I received and said they would try to get the invites out within 24 business hours from Friday ...
RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by *Saint* on 12-19-2005 at 01:40 PM

Well If You Are a Tester You Should Read The Connect Main Page, it Finally Got updated

RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by ipab on 12-19-2005 at 08:40 PM

IIRC they said something about a glitch with the canadian connect members.

RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by mwe99 on 12-20-2005 at 02:16 AM

I received mine early this morning and got 5 invites along with it...

RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by Underlord on 12-20-2005 at 08:25 AM

Australian managed beta testers still haven't received their invite to download and provision their accounts.

RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by Chop on 12-20-2005 at 08:49 AM

Well, im testing Mail Live, but hadn't got my windows live msgr invite :(

RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by ShawnZ on 12-20-2005 at 08:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised

You are choosen to be BETA TESTER. This means you are serious about beta testing,

Not really, you register for connect then get randomly selected.
RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by giken on 12-20-2005 at 02:15 PM

I'm Official Windows Live Messenger Beta Tester :)

What about a topic for wlm8 testers only so we can add to msn each other and test wlm8 specific features (like folder sharing for example)? ;)

my account is

giken[at]hotmail[dot]it

every wlm8 tester feels free to add me to his contact list :)

RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by colddove on 12-20-2005 at 03:18 PM

I'm testing. I'd also like a testers only and the ability to help out in the testing of Messenger Plus! Live too, lol

RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by mwe99 on 12-20-2005 at 03:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by colddove
I'm testing. I'd also like a testers only and the ability to help out in the testing of Messenger Plus! Live too, lol

Patchou selects people he knows and trusts, or have been particularly helpful around the forums
RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by Eddie on 12-20-2005 at 05:35 PM

Im also a Member of the Windows Live Messenger beta, got accepted today.

RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by Mike on 12-20-2005 at 06:09 PM

Ok, I microsoft sent me an email asking me if I want to be an official tester today...
I accepted, and got my download link...
Downloaded the beta and signed in...

I'm now looking for the newsgroups...
I went on http://connect.microsoft.com , signed in, went to My Participation, and I found only this: MSN Recruitment Program (is this what I'm looking for?)
I clicked it, went to Community, and created my newsgroups password...
I'm now waiting for its activation...
Did i do that right?
Should I see something like "Windows Live Messenger" instead of "MSN Recruitment Program" ? :(

Also, I dont think I got invited by someone, because the email Microsoft sent me starts with this:

quote:
Hello!
We'd like you to be among the first to try a new beta version of Messenger.

If you use MSN® Messenger now, we think you're really going to enjoy Windows LiveTM Messenger. It's as fun and reliable as the Messenger you already know, and you won't lose your contact list or any other personal information when you try this new version.

It doesnt mention about someone inviting me so ... :-/
RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by [MR] on 12-20-2005 at 07:05 PM

im Testing Windows Live Messenger 8 BETA...now i need an offical tester bar above my avatar :P

quote:
Patchou selects people he knows and trusts, or have been particularly helpful around the forums

ooo ooo thats me!
RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by Super Dude on 12-20-2005 at 08:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mike
It doesnt mention about someone inviting me so ... :-/

The invites don't actually say anything about being invited by somone (but they are able to write little notes in one part of the message... near the top somewhere i believe)

If any of the other OFFICIAL testers (who are on connect and the newsgroup), feel free to add me -- sean.mw.mcguire[at]gmail[dot]com
RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by Mike on 12-20-2005 at 08:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Super Dude
The invites don't actually say anything about being invited by somone (but they are able to write little notes in one part of the message... near the top somewhere i believe)
Well, I dont know... :-/
The message was looking too "official" :-/
Oh well... :(

RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by Menthix on 12-20-2005 at 08:58 PM

quote:
Well, I dont know...
The message was looking too "official"
Accept it an log into http://ideas.live.com/mainpage.aspx

It will say...
quote:
Welcome, <NAME>
Thanks a lot for being part of Windows Live Ideas. You're a member of following invitation only beta(s):
  • Windows Live™ Messenger beta

I got the same mail when i was invited.

RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by Mike on 12-20-2005 at 09:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
quote:
Well, I dont know...
The message was looking too "official"
Accept it an log into http://ideas.live.com/mainpage.aspx

It will say...

I got the same mail when i was invited.
You are right :(
However, i'm also a beta tester of Windows Live Mail, which I highly doubt that I was invited by someone, because I signed up on http://ideas.live.com and it still says:
quote:
Originally posted by http://ideas.live.com
Welcome, Mike
Thanks a lot for being part of Windows Live Ideas. You're a member of following invitation only beta(s):

* Windows Live™ Mail beta
    * Windows Live™ Messenger beta

... :-/
And, I never asked for WLMail invite, so i dont know... :S :S :-/

RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by Menthix on 12-20-2005 at 09:43 PM

Every beta has different rules. I believe Microsoft send some Live Mail invites to people who applied to be interested in Live Ideas. Mess.be had links to such pages in the past.

RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by Underlord on 12-22-2005 at 02:07 AM

Woot, Australian beta testers finally got the email to have their accounts provisioned :D.

RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by adam.yao on 12-22-2005 at 03:42 AM

Yesterday, i got 3 invations from microsoft, and i think microsoft will give more invations out.

RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by squall_leonhart69r on 12-22-2005 at 03:45 AM

i was invited officially by connect.microsoft.com

RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by deadkilla on 12-22-2005 at 07:47 AM

yea i got a total of 5 invites sent from from microsoft only sent out 2

RE: Windows Live Messenger official beta testers by aNILEator on 12-22-2005 at 11:30 AM

yay i'm an official tester :D