Shoutbox

I don't know if this has happened to you... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: I don't know if this has happened to you... (/showthread.php?tid=53888)

I don't know if this has happened to you... by Hybrid on 12-14-2005 at 01:10 AM

If you dial "666" on your telephone it just keeps ringing. Anyone know why? it happens to me, so I'm just curious why it does that.

RE: I don't know if this has happened to you... by qgroessl on 12-14-2005 at 01:14 AM

well where do you live for starters?.... It could be due to where you live, or your telephone company. Or somebody not having an answering machine? haha....well... I don't know if other countries have other ways to dial phones.

K way... now that I looked at your profile you're from America... but hell it's probably something to do with your phone company.

RE: I don't know if this has happened to you... by Voldemort on 12-14-2005 at 01:31 AM

its a loop #
its used by repairmen to fix i dunno what.

RE: I don't know if this has happened to you... by prashker on 12-14-2005 at 01:31 AM

Mine just goes blank when I dial 666 :/

RE: I don't know if this has happened to you... by L. Coyote on 12-14-2005 at 01:35 AM

I dialed 666 and the Devil answered and told me that since I've behaved this year, he'll kill Santa for me.

RE: I don't know if this has happened to you... by Voldemort on 12-14-2005 at 01:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Leo
I dialed 666 and the Devil answered and told me that since I've behaved this year, he'll kill Santa for me.
:lol:

RE: RE: I don't know if this has happened to you... by Supersonicdarky on 12-14-2005 at 01:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
Mine just goes blank when I dial 666 :/

Same

If you wait like a minute, the devil's secretary comes up and says that the phone is incorrect :P
RE: I don't know if this has happened to you... by *Saint* on 12-14-2005 at 02:20 AM

this is somewhat realted,

here in montreal if i dial 320, then my phone number(or the number of the phone im using) i hang up, pick the phone up again and hang up again the phone will call itself. when i was younger my friends and me used to do this Downtown to payphone because you cant call payphones anymore so when people say it ringing they didnt know what was happing.

ive tried this in New brunswick, ontario and other places in quebec but its only worked in the 514 area code

RE: RE: I don't know if this has happened to you... by MeEtc on 12-14-2005 at 03:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by *Saint*
this is somewhat realted,

here in montreal if i dial 320, then my phone number(or the number of the phone im using) i hang up, pick the phone up again and hang up again the phone will call itself. when i was younger my friends and me used to do this Downtown to payphone because you cant call payphones anymore so when people say it ringing they didnt know what was happing.

ive tried this in New brunswick, ontario and other places in quebec but its only worked in the 514 area code

there's a similar idea here in NS, i think the number is 565, but I could easily be wrong
RE: I don't know if this has happened to you... by NiteMare on 12-14-2005 at 07:27 AM

"we are sorry, the number you have dialed is a long distance number to hell, you must dial 1 or 0 before you call, please hang, and try your call again"

RE: I don't know if this has happened to you... by Underlord on 12-14-2005 at 07:59 AM

If i call 666 it just tells me that "Calls to the number dialled are not authorised on your service.".
Is hell a premium number or something? :P

RE: I don't know if this has happened to you... by Mippo on 12-15-2005 at 08:03 AM

666 gives me a fast busy signal after 10 seconds, which means it needs more digits :P

We have that ring-back service on either 0140, 0149876532 (yes, no 4) + local number or 014987. :cheesy:

RE: I don't know if this has happened to you... by LittleK on 12-15-2005 at 03:03 PM

I left the devil a message but he never returned my call :@