Shoutbox

Plugin Request - Stealth - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Plugin Request - Stealth (/showthread.php?tid=53899)

Plugin Request - Stealth by ojsmip22 on 12-14-2005 at 11:15 AM

Couldn't find this anywhere, hope I'm not missing out anything because I don't really use msgr or plus too frequently.

Anyway, I was thinking of the best way to use messenger comfortably in the office without being worried about people passing by noticing, bosses hovering around etc, which is better than the 'boss-key' in my view

Is there or can somebody develop a plugin that would allow having a msgr conversation inside another application, i.e. Notepad, Word, Command Prompt Window, excel spreadsheet etc.. ??

Obviously it may not be very feature rich. back to text-only I suppose, maybe with not even font support, but it would be really easy to use in the office undetected, pretending you're working really hard on this report/document/spreadsheet whilst chatting with your buddies ;-)

RE: Plugin Request - Stealth by Itsme-HcK on 12-14-2005 at 09:06 PM

It would be easy to put it in such a window, not to make it look like it exactly.
But only Patchou could do that, in this case.

RE: Plugin Request - Stealth by hmaster on 12-14-2005 at 09:22 PM

If you dont mind it being simple use a webmessenger?

RE: Plugin Request - Stealth by Supersonicdarky on 12-14-2005 at 09:29 PM

can't you just "skin" msn by removing all the buttons and images from convo. then it will be a blank window, but you can still type and read. Then but the top menu bar in notepad as the background, or just leave the one thats in the convo, then change your font to the one in notepad and use plus!'s feature to override contact's font?

If you don't know how to "skin" it, ask some members on the forum :)

RE: Plugin Request - Stealth by ojsmip22 on 12-15-2005 at 09:00 AM

Thanks for the suggestions!!

I wasn't even aware of webmessenger (although it does look pretty much just like the standard messenger - so if you're in a chat and the boss comes round it's quite obvious what you're doing). The skin idea sounds very cool ! I'll check it out, although I've never done any skins before...Hope it's not too complicated, particularly when no graphics at all is concerned