Shoutbox

Tabs in other applications.. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Tabs in other applications.. (/showthread.php?tid=53901)

Tabs in other applications.. by kierant on 12-14-2005 at 12:36 PM

In much the same way as Plus! tabbed chats work, or tabbed browsing in Firefox, is anyone aware of any plugins or small pieces of software that can do the same thing for Microsoft Office applications? Just that I'm writing an essay and have 3 or 4 Word windows activated at any one time and it takes up a lot fo room on the taskbar. Thanks

RE: Tabs in other applications.. by CookieRevised on 12-14-2005 at 11:44 PM

You can group similar applications on the taskbar...

Right click on the taskbar > Properties > Group similar buttons (=second last option in first panel)

[Image: attachment.php?pid=577709]

result:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=513196]

also see "CookieRevised's reply to [feuture request] tabs in startbalk"

RE: Tabs in other applications.. by Chris4 on 12-15-2005 at 02:01 AM

Or an English version of that :)

[Image: attachment.php?pid=577738]

RE: Tabs in other applications.. by kierant on 12-15-2005 at 02:02 AM

Thanks for the reply. I was aware of this feature but for some reason I don't really like it. Although it would be a solution for my problem, I'd rather have the option of making it specific to particular software, and as this will do it for everything I think I will leave it as it is.

Thanks again though. :)

RE: Tabs in other applications.. by DJKAL on 12-15-2005 at 07:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by kierant
for some reason I don't really like it. Although it would be a solution for my problem, I'd rather have the option of making it specific to particular software

same here...i hope there is a way because it can be stressful when switching through 3 or 4 WORD documetns permanently ...maybe theres a way to add a publisher document into the word window through tabs to. :cheesy:
RE: Tabs in other applications.. by rav0 on 12-15-2005 at 08:10 AM

The "Window" menu comes close to being tabs.

PS the existence of that menu makes me think it would be easy to crack and add tabs.