Shoutbox

What are you doing for New Years? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: What are you doing for New Years? (/showthread.php?tid=53956)

What are you doing for New Years? by linx05 on 12-16-2005 at 11:26 AM

Moving on from Xmas, what will you guys and girls be doing on New Years Eve.

I haven't exactly thought it all through but it will be one of either two things.

Go to a party with a few mates and girlfriend. Get very wasted...

Or, at my place. Have a few drinks and eat pizza or something with mates and girlfriend. Then catch a bus into the city to get even more drunk then down to the river to watch the fireworks. Get very wasted...

Key words in there, get very wasted!

RE: What are you doing for New Years? by user27089 on 12-16-2005 at 11:30 AM

Going to my mate John's, then probably going to Sam's after.

Partay.

RE: What are you doing for New Years? by lordy on 12-16-2005 at 11:30 AM

nothing :D just sit at home with the family, or i might go to a friends place, havent sorted it out yet

RE: What are you doing for New Years? by J.J on 12-16-2005 at 11:31 AM

Well for New Years, our family and friends have a fancy dress party =D

This year, we have a theme...Micheal Jackson xD

Im gonna dress up as one of the zombies from Thriller :tongue: i can't wait :grin:

RE: What are you doing for New Years? by -dt- on 12-16-2005 at 11:32 AM

nothing. well my friend keeps trying to have a party but ehhh new year isnt that great.

RE: What are you doing for New Years? by linx05 on 12-16-2005 at 11:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Third Dimension
Well for New Years, our family and friends have a fancy dress party =D
That would be really cool. I know someone who is having a Pimp and Hoes party. They're always fun.
RE: What are you doing for New Years? by qgroessl on 12-16-2005 at 12:46 PM

Not too sure... my past 2-3 new years have sucked... But hopefully i'm going out with a few friends to have some fun and get drunk :p.... Only bad thing is... I have pit band practice for our school musical at like 10 in the morning on New Years day.... bleh... hungover :p.

RE: What are you doing for New Years? by Blair on 12-16-2005 at 01:18 PM

Most likely going to a beach up north and staying in a hotel for the night with a few mates and my girl friend. And of course getting extremely drunk and not remembering a thing the next day. What a strange society we live in. Love it :D

RE: What are you doing for New Years? by Purity on 12-16-2005 at 02:05 PM

:o! I could like... get hammered or stoned or something, with my new
girlfriend and some friends. :o hehehe, my last g/f never wanted to
party with me.

RE: What are you doing for New Years? by -rafy- on 12-16-2005 at 02:11 PM

Party at a friends place during the day, then head down to Sydney to Sydney Harbour to see the fireworks (The worlds best) and then back to friends place to continue celebrations into the morning

RE: What are you doing for New Years? by ~INVASION~ on 12-16-2005 at 02:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by -dt-
nothing. well my friend keeps trying to have a party but ehhh new year isnt that great.

nice weather, pool, im going to dt's house for new years :cheesy:
RE: What are you doing for New Years? by L. Coyote on 12-16-2005 at 03:33 PM

Not sure. Seems like I've been long since forgotten, so this NY I'll stay home, DoS the forums and drink lots of DCoke. :refuck:

RE: What are you doing for New Years? by Negro_Joe on 12-16-2005 at 04:37 PM

getting stoned..hehe..:D

RE: What are you doing for New Years? by user27089 on 12-16-2005 at 04:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Negro_Joe
getting stoned..hehe..:D

Amen to that ;p.
RE: What are you doing for New Years? by Negro_Joe on 12-16-2005 at 05:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
Amen to that ;p.

i dont think god would really approve...:p
RE: What are you doing for New Years? by user27089 on 12-16-2005 at 05:35 PM

quote:
quote:
Amen to that ;p.

i dont think god would really approve...:p

God didn't make it illegal though, the government did, for all we know, he could approve of us using using substances that he created to send us to a better place... I guess it is the closest to heaven a lot of people would be.

:banana:.
RE: What are you doing for New Years? by L. Coyote on 12-16-2005 at 05:49 PM

quote:
God didn't make it illegal though, the government did, for all we know, he could approve of us using using substances that he created to send us to a better place... I guess it is the closest to heaven a lot of people would be.
That's deep, trax. Have a beer! (B)
RE: What are you doing for New Years? by Negro_Joe on 12-16-2005 at 05:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Leo
That's deep, trax. Have a beer!

Hes probably stoned right now...:lol:
RE: What are you doing for New Years? by MeEtc on 12-16-2005 at 08:16 PM

probably sleep through it

RE: What are you doing for New Years? by Vazza on 12-16-2005 at 08:35 PM

Hmmm...Well I'm working till 3pm on New Years Eve but I'll probably be spending it at home with my family. Then on the 7th of January, we're having a fav aunt and uncle, plus my cousin and his bit on the side(:dodgy:) for a meal.

I really want to go through to Edinburgh....maybe I'll get tickets for it next year :)

RE: What are you doing for New Years? by SikStyles on 12-16-2005 at 09:36 PM

I will probably go out with my friends and have a good time and welcome the year 2006!! weee

RE: What are you doing for New Years? by ~INVASION~ on 12-16-2005 at 10:26 PM

well, last year i was gonna get totaly drunk but drinking just aint my thing so i didnt, i dunno ill prolly go hang out with my friends all night

RE: What are you doing for New Years? by Supersonicdarky on 12-16-2005 at 10:32 PM

hang out, get drunk with coke and probably fall asleep outside :P

RE: What are you doing for New Years? by Negro_Joe on 12-16-2005 at 10:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Supersonicdarky
get drunk with coke

can you do that...:S
RE: What are you doing for New Years? by vincerooney on 12-16-2005 at 11:18 PM

Going to a house party, .should be a lot of people going. No doubt i'll get too drunk and stand outside in the garden...

- listening to britney spears songs
- randomly phoning people
- randomly annoying people
- trying to pinpoint how many times i screwed up in the year

RE: What are you doing for New Years? by Pinchichuv on 12-17-2005 at 01:56 AM

my end some friends are planning to do a party on a Club, with a lot of champagne, wine and open bar, ballons and a lot of stuff.  im still making the flyers for new years party ill post them when theyre ready.

RE: What are you doing for New Years? by user27089 on 12-17-2005 at 01:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by vincerooney
Going to a house party, .should be a lot of people going. No doubt i'll get too drunk and stand outside in the garden...

- listening to britney spears songs
- randomly phoning people
- randomly annoying people
- trying to pinpoint how many times i screwed up in the year

You're making lots of lists today I see... :p.
RE: RE: What are you doing for New Years? by Supersonicdarky on 12-17-2005 at 02:50 AM

quote:
quote:
get drunk with coke

can you do that...:S

Yes it's possible

I know from experience. Since you drink too much coffeene, you get too much energy. then u just go hyper and it feels very weird. like getting drunk...

basicly, yes it possible
RE: What are you doing for New Years? by Hank on 12-17-2005 at 02:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by -dt-
nothing. well my friend keeps trying to have a party but ehhh new year isnt that great
Same, im doing nothing apart from drinking good ole South Aussie Beer
RE: What are you doing for New Years? by marissa on 12-17-2005 at 03:27 AM

i hope i'm still in mississauga untill new years eve, but that'd be two weeks there. i wanna go skating in toronto on new years eve...oo old fashion. i'll probably go to my moms house where all the drunkys go

RE: What are you doing for New Years? by Underlord on 12-17-2005 at 03:53 AM

I'm hopefully going to overdose on something before I see the New Year come in, or just stay home or go to the city :P.

RE: What are you doing for New Years? by qgroessl on 12-17-2005 at 04:11 AM

quote:
Yes it's possible

I know from experience. Since you drink too much coffeene, you get too much energy. then u just go hyper and it feels very weird. like getting drunk...

basicly, yes it possible

Getting drunk for real is better :refuck:
RE: What are you doing for New Years? by Underlord on 12-17-2005 at 04:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by groessl35
quote:
Yes it's possible

basicly, yes it possible

Getting drunk for real is better :refuck:

Being sober for real is better.
RE: What are you doing for New Years? by Voldemort on 12-17-2005 at 04:25 AM

wtf is stoned? drugs? beer?
hmmm im prolly goin to a party or being with family...

RE: What are you doing for New Years? by linx05 on 12-17-2005 at 07:47 AM

quote:
Yes it's possible

basicly, yes it possible
Obviously you've never been drunk. I remember a kid in my class many years ago who use to go all hypo (drunk as you would put it ;)) from drinking heaps of coke. Our teacher nicknamed him sugar baby. Not the best nickname to have when you were in an all boys school :P.
RE: What are you doing for New Years? by azn angel on 12-17-2005 at 08:08 AM

haha dude i use to get high on coke at school with my bestfriend but coke sucks now.

PPL HU DO DRUGZ PHAIL AT LYF kthnx.

last year i was at sydney harbour for new years had an awesome time with alcohol and i didnt get drunk. i rok.

this year i wana go to southbank and meet up with my friends and have an aweome time but that probably wont happen CUZ I JUZ JINXED IT

(im having one of those days)

RE: What are you doing for New Years? by linx05 on 12-17-2005 at 08:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by azn angel
this year i wana go to southbank
Southbank? In Brisbane?
RE: What are you doing for New Years? by azn angel on 12-17-2005 at 08:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by linx05
quote:
Originally posted by azn angel
this year i wana go to southbank
Southbank? In Brisbane?

when are you going to catch on that we live near each other?
RE: What are you doing for New Years? by linx05 on 12-17-2005 at 08:57 AM

Now? lol.

The Brisbane fireworks are going to be awesome! I can't wait! Would love to be in one of those boats that sit on the river real close to the bridge!

RE: What are you doing for New Years? by RebelSean on 12-18-2005 at 02:52 AM

I'm probably going to Rob's party he's having at his cabin. It's soposed to be UBER-LEET this year. If not, probably will spend it with the person in which I love to death :).

RE: What are you doing for New Years? by vincerooney on 12-18-2005 at 02:59 AM

you're going to robs party?! so am i! i'm guessing not the same rob...since theres like a million robs in the world

RE: What are you doing for New Years? by RebelSean on 12-18-2005 at 03:12 AM

quote:
you're going to robs party?! so am i! i'm guessing not the same rob...since theres like a million robs in the world

Where do you live?
RE: What are you doing for New Years? by John Anderton on 12-18-2005 at 04:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by nimicitor
spending it with my wife. :P
Show-off :P

Anyways, ill prolly watch i,robot and sleep early at around 1 cause i have a class in the morning.
<3 university =p
RE: RE: What are you doing for New Years? by vincerooney on 12-18-2005 at 06:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by XxRebelSeanxX
quote:

Where do you live?

UK. in a way i don't want to know where you live, as you obviously won't live where i live and it'll ruin the potential for comedy greatness if i suddenly ran into you at the party and you were wearing an 'im xxrebelseanxx' t shirt.

RE: What are you doing for New Years? by YottabyteWizard on 12-19-2005 at 07:00 AM

Fireworks @ the park (6)

RE: What are you doing for New Years? by Super Dude on 12-21-2005 at 12:17 AM

Working until 5pm (nye), then going to see the producers, bowling, then movie marathon of doom (with many a drinks of course.. lol)! MUHAHAHAHAHA!

RE: What are you doing for New Years? by linx05 on 12-25-2005 at 04:14 AM

Sounds like a lot of people are having fun on new years. My plan has changed a bit. Found out a friend has a whole room free at a hotel because 5 people dropped out. It will just be me and my girlfriend there, so even better!

For two nights (31st and 1st). Can't wait!

RE: What are you doing for New Years? by L. Coyote on 12-25-2005 at 04:46 AM

Bah, I'll go with my father's parents, cuz they'll be all alone and I can't stand my mom anymore... :dodgy:

RE: What are you doing for New Years? by John Anderton on 12-25-2005 at 12:42 PM

Ill be watching I,Robot on tv unless i go and rent some other movie cd. Cause it'll be tough to get good movies on that day so i guess ill be stuck with the premiere of I,Robot.

I cant party for the same reason as the past 3 years (cause i have a class in the morning that i cant afford to miss)

Oh well ... enjoy people :)

RE: What are you doing for New Years? by tomfletcherman on 12-25-2005 at 11:02 PM

I be going to my mate's house with some others, and we will party as best we can. In the morning I'm visiting relatives, which emans I have to shower while I'm there/be able to walk in the morning (well that's not strictly true, they can carry me if needs be).

RE: What are you doing for New Years? by Sunshine on 12-25-2005 at 11:45 PM

Staying inside infront of the telly till 12, send some sms'es (if they go through..network is always incredibly busy at that time) then go outside to watch fireworks. And if my neighbour has recovered from jetlag (he'll come back from Mexico on the 30th) go there and have some champagne and other beverages (same as every year).

RE: What are you doing for New Years? by Pipish on 12-26-2005 at 02:29 AM

maybe going into my sydney apartment and watching the fireworks or haging around at home and watch them on telle

RE: What are you doing for New Years? by Chestah on 12-26-2005 at 09:20 AM

I'm going to a friends house in my year :), we are having a party with people mainly in our Extension English class! Hopefully about 20 ppl will go! All night - he has a swimming pool + tennis court :D! Its going to be awesome :P

RE: What are you doing for New Years? by Hank on 12-26-2005 at 09:28 AM

the babes Chest, bikini's  an Pool  you'll be made :)

RE: What are you doing for New Years? by Chestah on 12-26-2005 at 09:35 AM

shh dude, theres only like ... alot more girls then guys :P! and yes as soon as 12 comes i'll be in the pool. :P

RE: What are you doing for New Years? by _Humphreys on 12-31-2005 at 08:32 PM

Get drunk at home :D and attempt to use MSN.

RE: RE: What are you doing for New Years? by Anubis on 12-31-2005 at 09:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Carltos Cool
Get drunk at home :D and attempt to use MSN.

Sing in the new year with Avril Lavigne? Again...
RE: What are you doing for New Years? by SikStyles on 01-01-2006 at 09:43 AM

Nothing, i did nothing, sat home and pissed it away :(

But hey, atleast i got pizza :wink:

RE: What are you doing for New Years? by lordy on 01-01-2006 at 09:48 AM

i got to go to bed early and then wake up at 5.30am on new years day and work at 7 :)

RE: What are you doing for New Years? by Mnjul on 01-01-2006 at 01:17 PM

Studying :dodgy:

The semester ends in Mid Jan here in Taiwan, that is, the finals will take place from Jan 9 to Jan 13...you know what that means? Study from the verrrry beginning of 2006 on.

RE: What are you doing for New Years? by toddiot on 01-01-2006 at 10:45 PM

Went to Toronto last night for Canada's New Year's Eve Bash. Bedouin SoundClash, Shawn Desman, and Divine Brown performed. It was pretty awesome... but it was hell trying to get out of Nathan Phillpis Square (35,000 people all trying to get out at the same time)

Happy New Year!

RE: What are you doing for New Years? by linx05 on 01-02-2006 at 04:07 AM

I had a great time. Went to the hotel and drank and partied. Then went down to Southbank and was going to watch the fireworks but we were pretty sick (ate one too many burgers) then went back with Emily and watched it on the tv and watched the smoke rise over the buildings.

All in all, 10/10.

RE: What are you doing for New Years? by cmonineedhelp on 01-04-2006 at 03:34 PM

Went to my friends house and saw that girl ;)
We're very happy together!:):D

(FOR ONCE SOMETHING WENT RIGHT)

RE: What are you doing for New Years? by matty on 01-04-2006 at 07:01 PM

Ummm I went to a house party then to a bar and did shots with our bartender (most were free cause they love me). Then went back to my buddies place and spent 3 hours throwing up. I drank way to much.

Talk about alcohol poisoning

RE: What are you doing for New Years? by linx05 on 01-05-2006 at 09:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
Ummm I went to a house party then to a bar and did shots with our bartender (most were free cause they love me). Then went back to my buddies place and spent 3 hours throwing up. I drank way to much.

Talk about alcohol poisoning
Sounds like a good night :S lol
RE: What are you doing for New Years? by Shezi on 01-05-2006 at 09:58 AM

had an exam on 2 jan, so i was preparing for that...