Shoutbox

Help me!the Messenger Plus 11 got problem - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Help me!the Messenger Plus 11 got problem (/showthread.php?tid=54013)

Help me!the Messenger Plus 11 got problem by shierly_99 on 12-18-2005 at 10:04 AM

Yesterday, i install a Messenger Plus 11 from some site. after install it, i click it. but it is no reponese . but after that, my msn messenger got problem.it will automacally send message to my online friend , like this: Messenger Plus 11 is appear lol fast install it. i cant control it. and i oso cant delete this file. although i hav delte it the message oso will apear . i cant find the Messenger Plus in my control panel and program files . so i cant uninstall it! anybody, pls help me! i dun wan the message appear! plsplsplpslspls

RE: Help me!the Messenger Plus 11 got problem by mezzanine on 12-18-2005 at 10:08 AM

Win32/Mytob.NP worm
Do not click that link.

And shierly_99, I suggest you do a full system scan for viruses and malware. Never install Messenger Plus! from any other sites than www.msgplus.net and the official mirror at Simtel.

RE: Help me!the Messenger Plus 11 got problem by Matti on 12-18-2005 at 10:13 AM

People will never learn it: check and double-check before downloading somehting from an unknown site! :(

RE: Help me!the Messenger Plus 11 got problem by John Anderton on 12-18-2005 at 10:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mattike
People will never learn it: check and double-check before downloading somehting from an unknown site! :(
tru.dat

If the official version is 3.61 and 4 is said to be released soon how the fux can you get v11 O.o
RE: Help me!the Messenger Plus 11 got problem by Supersonicdarky on 12-18-2005 at 01:19 PM

why does mcafee still find it even if i click NO on the download?

RE: Help me!the Messenger Plus 11 got problem by Menthix on 12-18-2005 at 01:36 PM

NOD32 finds it too even when you don't download it, seems they use some dodgy script. I'm using Firefox btw.

EDIT: sent the owner of where the actual file is hosted a mail, asking him to remove the file. I think he doesn't even know he's hosting a virus.

RE: Help me!the Messenger Plus 11 got problem by kittymew on 12-18-2005 at 08:43 PM

the official download site/link is here
http://www.msgplus.net/download.php
or just go up to
downloads in the top right hand corner of this page.:)