Shoutbox

Cant view peoples msn spaces.. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Cant view peoples msn spaces.. (/showthread.php?tid=54039)

Cant view peoples msn spaces.. by M73A on 12-18-2005 at 11:19 PM

how can i look at my contatcs msn spaces?

i click the gleam, it says connecting, then does nothing....

thanks.

RE: Cant view peoples msn spaces.. by kittymew on 12-18-2005 at 11:27 PM

What browser are you using?

RE: Cant view peoples msn spaces.. by qgroessl on 12-18-2005 at 11:29 PM

Sign out and back into messenger... For me it happens all the time and re-signing in usually corrects the problem. Very annoying, but MSN hasn't fixed it.

RE: Cant view peoples msn spaces.. by M73A on 12-18-2005 at 11:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by beamy-kitty
What browser are you using?
firefox... i know you can't edit ur space fully using it but why would that effect the msn space from loading in the contact card?

quote:
Originally posted by groessl35
Sign out and back into messenger... For me it happens all the time and re-signing in usually corrects the problem. Very annoying, but MSN hasn't fixed it.

nope... closing it completely doesnt work either....
RE: Cant view peoples msn spaces.. by matty on 12-18-2005 at 11:34 PM

The connection might be timing out causing it not to display anything. If this is the case then dont worry abuot it, it should be resolved soon.

RE: Cant view peoples msn spaces.. by albert on 12-18-2005 at 11:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
The connection might be timing out causing it not to display anything. If this is the case then dont worry abuot it, it should be resolved soon.

Eh.. The explication seems a lot more logicial and moe technical then what I was about to post.. but i think it comes out to the same.. I have this problem often, it's after a little while everything gets fixed.
RE: Cant view peoples msn spaces.. by Super Dude on 12-20-2005 at 09:05 PM

It may be because of firefox. I've had the same problem with firefox, but not with IE so try using IE (or even Opera) instead of FF and see if it does anything

RE: Cant view peoples msn spaces.. by cardshark on 12-21-2005 at 05:00 PM

Browser should have no effect on the contact card in Messenger itself. I think it mostly has to do with the server load on the Microsoft end. I have this problem from time to time. Sometimes it won't show anything, sometimes it shows fine. It's just a matter of timing. And, yes, this happened when I used both IE or Firefox.