Shoutbox

about the "conact on desktop" - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: about the "conact on desktop" (/showthread.php?tid=54044)

about the "conact on desktop" by ):Wolf_Demon:( on 12-19-2005 at 01:33 AM

well i'm using windows blinds, and it seems that it interferes a tiny bit with my theme. when i have a window (such as firefox) open, instead of seeing the corner of the window, i see the contacts on the desktop. and i don't mean it is the entire thing. it's the external box around the window that is overlapped by the contact on desktop. i can simply fix this temporarily by minizing the window and clicking the contacts on the desktop and then clicking on the desktop, and it won't overlap, but this gets annoying after awhile. may i suggest something for the contacts on desktop to have an option to be "always on bottom" (it also overlaps the right-click context menu when it does this)

RE: about the "conact on desktop" by Voldemort on 12-19-2005 at 01:54 AM

Why dont you put An "always on top" thing to firefox, i seem to remember that if you went into properties there was an option for that... i am not really sure, sorry if this is wrong.

RE: about the "conact on desktop" by ):Wolf_Demon:( on 12-19-2005 at 02:06 AM

i don't mean just firefox. i mean all windows. the borders of the windows are overlapped by the contacts on desktop.

RE: about the "conact on desktop" by Voldemort on 12-19-2005 at 02:11 AM

Thats Weird..
Have you tried updating windowsblinds?
It still happens even if you disable it?

RE: about the "conact on desktop" by STA1661 on 12-19-2005 at 02:14 AM

Try uninstalling Windows Blinds. It is a known problem of Windows Blinds causing problems to not only the Messenger Plus! program but many other programs as well.

RE: about the "conact on desktop" by ):Wolf_Demon:( on 12-19-2005 at 02:17 AM

well i'm pretty sure it is just windows blinds related. do you mean....uninstalling windows blinds pernamently? i'd rather not do that, as i have much hate for the default windows themes

RE: RE: about the "conact on desktop" by STA1661 on 12-19-2005 at 02:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ):Wolf_Demon:(
well i'm pretty sure it is just windows blinds related. do you mean....uninstalling windows blinds pernamently? i'd rather not do that, as i have much hate for the default windows themes

Yes uninstall Windows Blinds Completely and it should be fixed. Also I use Style XP and I haven't had a problem with it!
RE: about the "conact on desktop" by ):Wolf_Demon:( on 12-19-2005 at 02:35 AM

hmm. i think i might stick with the annoyance. what i was mostly trying to accomplish was to suggest the "always on top" option

RE: about the "conact on desktop" by CookieRevised on 12-19-2005 at 02:58 AM

quote:
well i'm using windows blinds, and it seems that it interferes a tiny bit with my theme.
As already said by other people WindowBlinds is known to cause problems, not only to Plus!, but also to many other programs. So, many things /bugs found when using WindowsBlinds are caused by WindowsBlinds and not by Messenger Plus!.

quote:
may i suggest something for the contacts on desktop to have an option to be "always on bottom"
Right Click on the floating contact > Change Display Settings > untick Always on Top.

RE: about the "conact on desktop" by ):Wolf_Demon:( on 12-19-2005 at 03:08 AM

quote:
Right Click on the floating contact > Change Display Settings > untick Always on Top.
i've already done that. althought it stopps it from always being on top, it doesn't stop it from always being on bottom. as i've said, it only covers the window border (which is on windows blinds side) but every once in awhile it still pops up in front of windows.