Shoutbox

MSN Beta Program - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: MSN Beta Program (/showthread.php?tid=54120)

MSN Beta Program by Chris4 on 12-21-2005 at 12:19 AM

I got this e-mail from Microsoft on 23rd November 2005, saying I have been accepted for the MSN Beta Program.

quote:
To: -----@hotmail.co.uk
Subject: MSN Beta Recruitment Program
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 13:16:52 -0800

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the MSN Beta Program!

[Image: b4de99fb-eb3a-4f8e-8305-db653af79820.jpg]

Thanks for signing up.  We understand how excited you are to get started, and we want to get going, too. We’re working as fast as we can to figure out the best way for us to get your feedback.  We know the waiting is the hardest part, but soon we’ll be sending you an invitation for a specific Windows Live beta—and that will make the wait worthwhile.

I selected 'Messenger' as a favourite that I would like to test, yet I wasn't accepted.

I'm a beta tester for
OneNote 2003,
MSN Search Feedback Program,
Windows Live Safety Center Beta,
MSN Customer Experience Validation - UK
Windows Live, including Mail, Favorites and OneCare.

And idea why I wouldn't be accepted for Windows Live Messenger?
RE: MSN Beta Program by Super Dude on 12-21-2005 at 12:27 AM

you're number wasn't pulled from the hat?

RE: MSN Beta Program by *Saint* on 12-21-2005 at 12:38 AM

they have enough people, and the beta has started already

RE: MSN Beta Program by Hank on 12-21-2005 at 12:44 AM

Maybe you'll get it when Beta 2 comes out, , its just a Messenger, who cares

RE: MSN Beta Program by mwe99 on 12-21-2005 at 01:09 AM

just because you selected messenger doesn't mean you get it. Have you receive invites to any other live programs? if so thats probably it

RE: MSN Beta Program by John Anderton on 12-21-2005 at 03:56 AM

Congratulations is in order i guess 8-)

RE: MSN Beta Program by EvilSeph on 12-21-2005 at 08:07 AM

The CEV will not apply to Messenger, but rather to other Windows Live products and services. Microsoft tried to make this clear when they announced it.

RE: MSN Beta Program by Lt.Col.DraGon on 12-21-2005 at 10:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by EvilSeph
The CEV will not apply to Messenger, but rather to other Windows Live products and services. Microsoft tried to make this clear when they announced it.

That's right..

I have the same thing as chris.. I didn't get selected to the beta testing in microsoft connect. I only have the CEV, OneNote 2003, Windows Live Mail, Safety Center and OneCare.

But I got invited by a person who is a beta tester. So if you don't have access to WLM. I suggest you ask a friend of yours if they have an invite for WLM and if they want to share it with you.
RE: MSN Beta Program by Chris4 on 12-22-2005 at 01:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Lt.Col.DraGon
quote:
Originally posted by EvilSeph

That's right..

I have the same thing as chris.. I didn't get selected to the beta testing in microsoft connect. I only have the CEV, OneNote 2003, Windows Live Mail, Safety Center and OneCare.

But I got invited by a person who is a beta tester. So if you don't have access to WLM. I suggest you ask a friend of yours if they have an invite for WLM and if they want to share it with you.
Thanks, but unfortunately I can't find anyone :( And I don't really want to go begging either. Guess i'll have to wait for the next invites..