Shoutbox

Visual Basic 6 bug? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Visual Basic 6 bug? (/showthread.php?tid=54163)

Visual Basic 6 bug? by DJeX on 12-22-2005 at 04:03 AM

Ok well I was working on my program in Visual Studio 6. Then I had to go eat my dinner so.. I ran the program to make sure it worked and it did. So I clicked saved and never thought any thing of it. But then when I got back and I ran the program my system tray icon for my program no longer works and I can't get it to work. I tryed removeing the code and puttin it back in, I restarted my computer 2 times and even sent it to a friend to test it but still no luck.

Has any one had this problem where VB (after saveing the project ) will not run a pice of code in your program no matter what you do?

Any ideas on how I can get this to work.

RE: Visual Basic 6 bug? by CookieRevised on 12-22-2005 at 04:10 AM

No, never had it.

Though there are some very rare and very specific differences when you run a program in the IDE compared to when you run the compiled version (which you would never encounter unless you write some really advanced stuff or whatever), can't the cause be a bug in your own code maybe?

RE: Visual Basic 6 bug? by DJeX on 12-22-2005 at 11:32 PM

Well the thing is I tryed two sepearte ways of doing it, and it still dont work in the compiled and non-compiled versions.