Shoutbox

Dang Dells - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Dang Dells (/showthread.php?tid=54167)

Dang Dells by TylerG on 12-22-2005 at 07:02 AM

Ok so my family computer is a crappy Dell my dad bought a while ago.  And it was so as poo, until I restored it.  But now it only turns on when it is on its side:S  And when ever we have it on its side, my modem doesn't work on it... I took it to [MR]'s house and his modem worked fine on it, and we got SP2 on it.  Any suggestions on why it isn't turning on:S:S:S

RE: Dang Dells by mwe99 on 12-22-2005 at 07:12 AM

a) cables plugged in properly?

b) any damage? Exterior or interior?

RE: Dang Dells by TylerG on 12-22-2005 at 07:48 AM

No no

RE: Dang Dells by mwe99 on 12-22-2005 at 07:50 AM

Okedokies, does it still have the Dell service tag/sticker anywhere? :) usually on the side/back of the tower

RE: Dang Dells by TylerG on 12-22-2005 at 07:55 AM

Yes, why?

RE: Dang Dells by dotNorma on 12-22-2005 at 08:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by TylerG
Yes, why?

Call them up and demand dell fix it. My dad has done it like four hundred times, because he drops stuff on his computer all the time.
RE: RE: Dang Dells by TylerG on 12-22-2005 at 08:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by .Norma
quote:
Yes, why?

Call them up and demand dell fix it. My dad has done it like four hundred times, because he drops stuff on his computer all the time.

Dell=no warrenty:(
RE: Dang Dells by Anubis on 12-22-2005 at 09:35 AM

quote:

Dell=no warrenty
In that case, I'd advise taking the computer to a computer shop to see if they can repair it.
However, first have a look inside. Make sure any PCI cards (like an external graphics card) are properly inserted.
Check the IDE cables to the hard disk are connected properly. Also have a little look at the motherboard to see for anything that resembles physical damage.
RE: Dang Dells by TylerG on 12-22-2005 at 04:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
quote:

Dell=no warrenty
In that case, I'd advise taking the computer to a computer shop to see if they can repair it.
However, first have a look inside. Make sure any PCI cards (like an external graphics card) are properly inserted.
Check the IDE cables to the hard disk are connected properly. Also have a little look at the motherboard to see for anything that resembles physical damage.
[MR] and I have already taken a look in side to check for any lose IDE cables and such.  All the PCI cards are in perfect and the motherboard doesnt show damage from looking at it.   
RE: Dang Dells by Voldemort on 12-22-2005 at 04:51 PM

You have a loose connection, or something is broken and it only makes good contact when its on its side.