Shoutbox

"Send file" button in WLM? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: "Send file" button in WLM? (/showthread.php?tid=54174)

"Send file" button in WLM? by Islander on 12-22-2005 at 01:14 PM

Hi and hello.

First of all, I am very sorry if this is not to be posted here, but actually I can't think of any other site or forum. If there is a problem, just delete this post...

Now my question... is it only me, or is there no "Send file" button in the chat windows of WLM? I can do it through the menu... but I was looking for the button and can only find that "Share Folder" thing...

RE: "Send file" button in WLM? by user27089 on 12-22-2005 at 01:18 PM

That share folder is what you have to use now, so they can select something they want to get from you using that shared folder, so just drag the files you want into that shared folder and send, or alternatively, you can drag the files you want to send into the chat window.

RE: "Send file" button in WLM? by Islander on 12-22-2005 at 01:22 PM

Wow, thanks for the reply. I really thought the people at Microsoft would use their brains while programming :D
Oh well, I'll have to drag and drop then... why easy when you can do it complicated! I'll send a quick suggestion to the folks at Redmond.

RE: "Send file" button in WLM? by albert on 12-22-2005 at 02:05 PM

Look into the menu.. in File then Send File.. you'll find it there..

quote:
Originally posted by Islander
Wow, thanks for the reply. I really thought the people at Microsoft would use their brains while programming Smilie

right.. 8-) nah.. just kidding.. :P
RE: "Send file" button in WLM? by Sunshine on 12-22-2005 at 02:11 PM

You can use the "share folder" button to send individual files too...just click it and browse too and select the file you wish to send..next it will ask if you wish to make a shared folder..answer NO to that.

Alternately if you never want to use shared folders you can turn that option off so it that button will immediatly react as the usual "send files" button. To turn shared folders off: tools > options > shared folders, check "disable shared folders".