Shoutbox

Personal Message Logging not working! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Personal Message Logging not working! (/showthread.php?tid=54217)

Personal Message Logging not working! by student00 on 12-24-2005 at 12:03 AM

hey there!

I've noticed my events log is not logging personal messages/changes and such. This usually happens when I get signed out and back into MSN however this time that is not the case and it is not working entirely. I have tried restarting MSN Messenger, the usual remedy to when it stops logging personal messages after signing out, and have tried rebooting the PC neither have done a thing to help this.

Anyone have any idea what could be causing this and how to fix this problem?

I am running windows XP, MSN Messenger 7.5, MSGPlus 3.61.145

Thanks!

RE: Personal Message Logging not working! by Voldemort on 12-24-2005 at 12:08 AM

You can try reinstalling plus.

RE: Personal Message Logging not working! by qgroessl on 12-24-2005 at 04:33 AM

I'd try reinstalling MSN Messenger because Plus shouldn't really have anything to do with Personal Messages.

RE: Personal Message Logging not working! by student00 on 12-24-2005 at 04:33 AM

Hey!

I upgraded to the 6.2 version of plus which I assume is just the same as reinstalling it?? Regardless, it did not work. I rebooted and everything as wel. Tomorrow I will try and reinstall it from the start to see if that is any different in the meantime is there any other solution? Can anyone help?

thanks!

quote:
Originally posted by groessl35
I'd try reinstalling MSN Messenger because Plus shouldn't really have anything to do with Personal Messages.

Nice timing :)

This is a strange problem because it doesn't work for either my Laptop or PC - is anyone else having this problem?
I'll also add I just noticed the names changing is not even being logged.. what's the deal!?
It appears to be a problem with my router settings.

On my laptop I connected using a neighbor's wireless and it was fine. Can someone tell me what could possibly be the problem now?!

thanks!!
Ok Problem Solved!!

For anyone with a similar problem the solution is quite simple. Restart your router. Pull the cord out for 30 seconds and put it back in and that's all she wrote..

thanks for the help guys.
RE: Personal Message Logging not working! by qgroessl on 12-24-2005 at 05:50 AM

:p... We didn't help much... but no problem! And if you plan on sticking around or coming back for help whenver you need it... please read the rules.

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/rules.html

-- No double-posting

Note: this includes 5 posts in a row.

Remember! There's an Edit button.