Shoutbox

Photoshop Help - Redness - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Photoshop Help - Redness (/showthread.php?tid=54220)

Photoshop Help - Redness by M73A on 12-24-2005 at 12:37 AM

i've got a few pictures but they look really red in parts like the lips and stuff....

i was wondering if there is a few things i could do to the photo so it doesn't look as bad.. (its bearable but i would prefer it to be less red)

thanks...

RE: Photoshop Help - Redness by Jhrono on 12-24-2005 at 12:40 AM

You can change the saturation -> Control + U
You can mess up with levels -> Control + L
You can change the color balance -> Control + B
:) all this in photoshop

RE: Photoshop Help - Redness by M73A on 12-24-2005 at 12:41 AM

saturation made the rest suck..

hmmm, levels sound like a good idea:P thanks. didnt think of that :)

RE: RE: Photoshop Help - Redness by CookieRevised on 12-24-2005 at 12:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by M73A
saturation made the rest suck..
For every change you can do, you can do it for only specific parts of the image also. ;)
RE: Photoshop Help - Redness by M73A on 12-24-2005 at 12:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
For every change you can do, you can do it for only specific parts of the image also. ;)

it starts to go funny if its not selected spot on... so i jus find it easier to do the whole thing:P
RE: Photoshop Help - Redness by dotNorma on 12-24-2005 at 01:40 AM

Levels isnt meant for color correction, its meant to correct incorrectly exposed photographs.

I would suggest using the sponge tool with the mode set to desaturate and hardness at one hundred percent. Brush this over the areas you want to be less red and that will dull them down.

Another option is to completly select the area using a polygon lasso tool, and press "Ctrl + Shift + U". This will completely desature the selection to a grayish colour. Now make a new layer and set the blending mode to "colour" or "soft light" and colour the colour you want the red area to be using a hard brush.

There is also a method, which I do not reccomend because its always better to do it yourself, but you could go to Image > Adjustments > Auto Color and photoshop will automatically adjust all the colours to what it beleives is the most correct.

I dont have time to go into alot of detail but if you upload the photos, I or somebody else might be able to help you out.

RE: Photoshop Help - Redness by M73A on 12-24-2005 at 01:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by .Norma
Levels isnt meant for color correction, its meant to correct incorrectly exposed photographs.

I would suggest using the sponge tool with the mode set to desaturate and hardness at one hundred percent. Brush this over the areas you want to be less red and that will dull them down.

Another option is to completly select the area using a polygon lasso tool, and press "Ctrl + Shift + U". This will completely desature the selection to a grayish colour. Now make a new layer and set the blending mode to "colour" or "soft light" and colour the colour you want the red area to be using a hard brush.

There is also a method, which I do not reccomend because its always better to do it yourself, but you could go to Image > Adjustments > Auto Color and photoshop will automatically adjust all the colours to what it beleives is the most correct.

I dont have time to go into alot of detail but if you upload the photos, I or somebody else might be able to help you out.

hmmm thanks, ill give it a try and if im unsuccesful ill upload em:) thanks