Shoutbox

Is the video carousel working in windows messenger live? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Is the video carousel working in windows messenger live? (/showthread.php?tid=54239)

Is the video carousel working in windows messenger live? by RockStar_Wild on 12-24-2005 at 11:58 PM

Hi

I was wondering if the video carousel was working in windows messenger live since i am very interested in it and have been reading all i can on it, But the option is grayed out in the options panel.

Could anyone help me out on this one?

Is there any way of getting it working or not?

Thanks for all the help in advance!

Rockstar_wild

RE: Is the video carousel working in windows messenger live? by M73A on 12-24-2005 at 11:59 PM

just out of interest.... whats is it?

RE: Is the video carousel working in windows messenger live? by RockStar_Wild on 12-25-2005 at 12:01 AM

This link contains alot of information about it apart from if it is working in the current version.

http://spaces.msn.com/members/MessengerSays/

RE: Is the video carousel working in windows messenger live? by kittymew on 12-25-2005 at 01:12 AM

Yes it is working rather well infact ..and it isn't greyed out on mine..:)

and when I downloaded Messenger Live..it basically was working as soon as I signed in..if its greyed out (is it availiable all continents?)
I can disable it   by unchecking box.But it was checked "enabled" when I downloaded Messenger Live as I said..
maybe you can you reinstall Messenger Live ?..

RE: Is the video carousel working in windows messenger live? by RockStar_Wild on 12-25-2005 at 01:15 AM

I'm not sure.

I will download it again and see if that fixes it.

What is your build number? maybe i have an older build.

RE: Is the video carousel working in windows messenger live? by kittymew on 12-25-2005 at 01:18 AM

Messenger Live 8.0.0365

RE: Is the video carousel working in windows messenger live? by Sunshine on 12-25-2005 at 01:27 AM

Just like the shared folders the video carousel might not be available in your country.

It's not available for me (The Netherlands) but the shared folders are wich are not available in for example Australia.

Reinstalling will not fix this.

RE: Is the video carousel working in windows messenger live? by RockStar_Wild on 12-25-2005 at 01:50 AM

I am in the United Kingdom.

My shared folders works.

I was wondering if anyone else in the U.K has it working?

Just reinstalled and no fix :(

Anyone got any ideas?

RE: Is the video carousel working in windows messenger live? by Chestah on 12-25-2005 at 05:55 AM

The only way to get access to the video carasuel is to edit your "passport" and change your country to something like America. However by doing this your only getting American content and not information specific to your country.

Sunshine is completely correct! I live in Australia and due to Australian Copyright laws we don't have access to shared folders yet but Ninemsn (Microsoft's Australian site) is delivering video content to WLM for the video carasuel :)

RE: RE: Is the video carousel working in windows messenger live? by giveitdeath on 12-26-2005 at 02:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by RockStar_Wild
I am in the United Kingdom.

My shared folders works.

I was wondering if anyone else in the U.K has it working?

Just reinstalled and no fix :(

Anyone got any ideas?

Im in the UK and its not working for me either, but i think i remember reading somewhere that its only available in the USA and Australia at the moment.
RE: Is the video carousel working in windows messenger live? by t1a0s on 01-02-2006 at 05:56 PM

Not working for me either, I'm in the UK. Shouldn't be long before its available here :)

RE: Is the video carousel working in windows messenger live? by ianrulez on 01-09-2006 at 08:38 PM

definelty not working for me either ad im from the U.K