Shoutbox

Installation Problems - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Installation Problems (/showthread.php?tid=54250)

Installation Problems by philipe on 12-25-2005 at 04:29 PM

Heya everyone,

I have tried several solutions to fix this probem, including configuring the BIOS, but nothing helped.  I am currently trying to install all the important devices (hard drive, graphics card, CD/DVD drive, CPU) from my old pc into a new PC case which already has the motherboard installed (the CPU is band new).  I installed everything perfectly fine, but as soon as the PC reaches the windows booting part, the Blue Screen of Death appears and tells me that something is wrong with the hardware.  I think that the problem might be the hard drive, as it has a version of Windows installed which came with the old pc, and therefore might have everything configured to only work with the old pc's motherboard and components.  The other solutions might be configuring the BIOS even more, or just buying a new Hard Drive with a new version of Windows (which I hope not).  Unluckily I can not reinstall Windows, as I never recieved a CD, and therefore it is only saved on my hard drive as OEM. The problem might also be with the graphics card or CD/DVD drive or CPU, or anything else.

Thank you for your help,

Philipe 

RE: Installation Problems by YottabyteWizard on 12-25-2005 at 05:32 PM

* Have you tried booting into Safe Mode? I think this might help your problems
* You can download Hiren's Boot CD 7.6, it has a lot of utilities for partitions and why I am recommending this is because it has some NTFS reading software so you can run the installation program on your other partition and make a repair.

This is what is has and might help you (This are from Hiren's Booot CD 7.5, 7.6 might have updates ones)

NTFS Dos Pro 5.0
To access ntfs partitions from Dos

NTFS 4 Dos 1.4

NTFS Dos 3.02

EditBINI 1.01
to Edit boot.ini on NTFS Partition

RE: Installation Problems by philipe on 12-25-2005 at 05:40 PM

I tried booting in safe mode, but the BSoD still appears.

RE: Installation Problems by matty on 12-25-2005 at 06:13 PM

Unfortunately you cannot take a harddrive with Windows configured on it and put it into another PC. Reason for this is because of the installed motherboard chipsets. What I recommend is put the comments back into the old PC, save all the data you need then move them back to the new PC and reinstall windows after formatting the harddrive.

RE: Installation Problems by philipe on 12-25-2005 at 08:19 PM

:) Thank you Matty, I will do this.