Shoutbox

Webdesigners help please! Frames => CSS (need overflow scrollbar) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Webdesigners help please! Frames => CSS (need overflow scrollbar) (/showthread.php?tid=54265)

Webdesigners help please! Frames => CSS (need overflow scrollbar) by Exca on 12-26-2005 at 02:37 PM

Hi, I made a new website: www.exca.be

The problem is: the content box. If i want to put more text there than there is room for, everything splits up and i get gaps. It should be solved with a scroll:

CSS script: overflow: auto;

but: I don't know anything about CSS. My whole page is edited in frontpage and everything is done with tables. That means that I can't insert a scroll and that's a *big* problem.

Does someone feel free to convert my page in css with div tags along with a scroller? I hope you can still input text in frontpage then...
I can send you the images folder and the exported html document...

I would really appreciate, i'm getting insane :p

greetz,
exca

RE: Webdesigners help please! by Val on 12-26-2005 at 02:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Exca
Hi, I made a new website: www.exca.be

The problem is: the content box. If i want to put more text there than there is room for, everything splits up and i get gaps. It should be solved with a scroll:

CSS script: overflow: auto;

but: I don't know anything about CSS. My whole page is edited in frontpage and everything is done with tables. That means that I can't insert a scroll and that's a *big* problem.

Does someone feel free to convert my page in css with div tags along with a scroller? I hope you can still input text in frontpage then...
I can send you the images folder and the exported html document...

I would really appreciate, i'm getting insane :p

greetz,
exca
Yeah sure, just add me to msn valspy@gmail.com and we will talk
RE: Webdesigners help please! by Exca on 12-26-2005 at 05:05 PM

Valspy doesn't get out very much, i would really need someone who can turn the concept into CSS....

RE: Webdesigners help please! Frames => CSS (need overflow scrollbar) by stoshrocket on 12-26-2005 at 05:35 PM

i suppose i code change it entirely to the code, but im not too sure if you would be able to edit the .css and .html docs in FrontPage, ive never used it. Although, if all you want to do is add text into the page then i could space the .html out and put notes in saying where to write everything etc.... 8-) how about that?

and if you can send me the images and html doc, that would mean it wouldnt take too long either....

RE: Webdesigners help please! Frames => CSS (need overflow scrollbar) by brian on 12-26-2005 at 05:48 PM

You could simply add an iframe in the content "part" and link to to page where it contains the information.

Not big need to do all the CSS stuff.

RE: Webdesigners help please! Frames => CSS (need overflow scrollbar) by tony on 12-26-2005 at 06:08 PM

True bout the iframe, and i recomend you to use Dreamweaver for easy html :)
http://www.macromedia.com/software/dreamweaver/