Shoutbox

Signing in problem with WLM - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Signing in problem with WLM (/showthread.php?tid=54303)

Signing in problem with WLM by STA1661 on 12-28-2005 at 12:12 AM

Now having searched around, I couldn't find anything on this. I seem to be having a problem signing into WLM. I was invited last week to the BETA and have been having sign in issues. Sometimes I am able to get through and sign in and other times I just can't get through but no error message comes back. Here are some screenshots I got: -

[Image: yegsk98fo.th.jpg]

During Signing In.

[Image: yegskb7ew.th.jpg]

After it atempts to sign in.

Is there anywhere this can be reported as it does become a real inconvenience having a 75% chance of not signing into WLM.

RE: Signing in problem with WLM by qgroessl on 12-28-2005 at 01:59 AM

I'd contact microsoft about the problem... It could be a bug. Well.. it's probably a bug... Oh, and make sure your internet connection is working fine.

RE: Signing in problem with WLM by Hank on 12-28-2005 at 02:07 AM

only way is to report the problem in the MS Newsgroups in the Bugs section , we cant really help you here with it since its not a final product

RE: RE: Signing in problem with WLM by STA1661 on 12-28-2005 at 02:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by groessl35
I'd contact microsoft about the problem... It could be a bug. Well.. it's probably a bug... Oh, and make sure your internet connection is working fine.

Thanks for the info. I have checked the connection. I'll have to see what happens when I get home and sign in again as I have to go somewhere for a few hours.
RE: Signing in problem with WLM by Supersonicdarky on 12-28-2005 at 02:26 AM

go to C:/windows/system32/drivers/etc
- open the hosts file in notepad
- and remove any entires which have something to do with messenger :)

Should help