Shoutbox

Status Doesn't Change - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Status Doesn't Change (/showthread.php?tid=54316)

Status Doesn't Change by Woosie on 12-28-2005 at 02:15 PM

Is there a feature that I'm missing?  When my status changes to away (obviously because I've left my computer), it doesn't automatically change back to online when I become active again.  Is changing your status manually to online just something you have to do with this program?  Again... any help will be appreciated.

RE: Status Doesn't Change by qgroessl on 12-28-2005 at 05:38 PM

If you manually change your status to away, you have to change it back to online by yourself... But if you just leave you're computer and it automatically changes to away, then when you come back and are active again it should change back to online

RE: Status Doesn't Change by Woosie on 12-28-2005 at 06:35 PM

Which is exactly why I posted  my problem... it's NOT automatically changing back to online again after becoming active (Again.. this is after leaving the computer ...being idle for the specified time..and being automatically marked as "away" by the program).

Thanks though.

RE: Status Doesn't Change by mfragola on 01-26-2006 at 08:12 PM

I had the same problem when using Zone Alarm Security Suite's triple defense firewall
it asked me if i wanted to allow Messenger to view my mouse's movements!

try searching for any security programs, even though i think this won't help you LOL

RE: Status Doesn't Change by RaceProUK on 01-28-2006 at 02:03 PM

Searching? You don't need to do that. If ZoneAlarm is asking if you want Messenger to watch mouse movements, then say 'Yes'.

RE: Status Doesn't Change by mfragola on 02-04-2006 at 04:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
Searching? You don't need to do that. If ZoneAlarm is asking if you want Messenger to watch mouse movements, then say 'Yes'.

lol i meant try searching for any security programs interferring (meaning to Woosie's problem)

of course i knew what to do w/ ZoneAlarm
RE: Status Doesn't Change by lrac522 on 02-04-2006 at 04:53 AM

I dunno know if my problem is similar but most often when i use my preset status to my surprise after idle for about 1 min it automatically brings up the preset dialog and count down from about 13 seconds then changes to the regular away. I have done everything to fix it but nothing works. It only works like that sometimes though.(Y)