Shoutbox

I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers (/showthread.php?tid=54402)

I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by absorbation on 12-30-2005 at 05:46 PM

Be quick! Be quick! I got a way to cheat your way into becoming a Live Mail tester :P

First make sure your settings in mail are:
Language --> English
Country --> United States
State --> Florida

Then copy and paste this link in Internet Explorer (as it only works in that browser). After that sign in but it should not work so to make the magic happen copy and use the link again and voila you are testing the new Live Mail.

Enjoy! It maybe fixed soon :)

RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by onetouchspark on 12-30-2005 at 06:21 PM

doesnt seem to work for me...

RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by Rik on 12-30-2005 at 06:23 PM

thank you Absorbation :p

RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by L. Coyote on 12-30-2005 at 06:25 PM

Very good. I already had the US info, so I just had to open the link twice and voila! :D

If anyone needs a FL zipcode, put 33027.

Open with IE only (or with IE tab in Firefox). It might need you to click on the link TWICE before it works. :)

RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by John Anderton on 12-30-2005 at 06:25 PM

zomg thanks i love you :P
Btw, is this legal ?? :P

Wait .... its not working :dodgy:

RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by KeeM on 12-30-2005 at 06:28 PM

ah cool it worked..! :P

RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by Super Dude on 12-30-2005 at 06:33 PM

Worked for me... *woot*! ty Absorbation!

RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by Eljay on 12-30-2005 at 06:38 PM

didnt work for me ¬¬

i hate you asbo.

RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by John Anderton on 12-30-2005 at 06:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Eljay
didnt work for me ¬¬

i hate you asbo.
You already have it newb :dodgy: :P

Btw, it just asks me what if i want to join. I click join the beta, it goes back to hotmail O.o
RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by onetouchspark on 12-30-2005 at 06:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
quote:
didnt work for me ¬¬

i hate you asbo.

Btw, it just asks me what if i want to join. I click join the beta, it goes back to hotmail O.o
same here,and if i copy n paste the link again its just teh same

RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by Eljay on 12-30-2005 at 06:48 PM

quote:
quote:
didnt work for me ¬¬

i hate you asbo.

i have wlm, i dont have live mail though.

and the same thing happens to me
RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by qgroessl on 12-30-2005 at 06:50 PM

It's probably legal... cause it's a bug... so it's legal... frowned upon. But legal... And once they fix the bug you gotta hope they can't tell who all did that :p.

RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by John Anderton on 12-30-2005 at 06:52 PM

The link is still up cause people who posted added me say that it worked. But i dont see anything different :dodgy: And leo aint even online now :-/ I asked absor but he didnt reply and went offline :dodgy:

Will someone for whom this has worked answer please :P
More detailed, precise and clear explanation ??

RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by toddy on 12-30-2005 at 07:01 PM

worked here

didn't even change any of my settinhs either...altho it could already be set to usa *-)

edit:
worked for my 2nd account too

open up IE
sign into hotmail
copy that link
click on the beta sign up link

RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by Lou on 12-30-2005 at 07:19 PM

worked. thanks.

RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by ayjay on 12-30-2005 at 07:29 PM

God damn you all!

Not working :'(

RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by toddy on 12-30-2005 at 07:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ajd
God damn you all!

its easy :p

open up IE
sign into hotmail
copy that link
windows live mail then comes up rather then normal hotmail
RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by onetouchspark on 12-30-2005 at 07:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by toddy
quote:
Originally posted by ajd
God damn you all!

its easy :p

open up IE
sign into hotmail
copy that link
windows live mail then comes up rather then normal hotmail
when i do it my usual hotmaila ccount opens and nothing happens
RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by ayjay on 12-30-2005 at 07:40 PM

done it but when i click the sign up link it goes back to hotmail :(

RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by toddy on 12-30-2005 at 07:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ajd
done it but when i click the sign up link it goes back to hotmail :(

well u suck..it worked on both my accounts :P
RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by John Anderton on 12-30-2005 at 07:43 PM

Thats whats happening to me too. And lj too (I talked to him on msn)

Toddy, care to send over your hotmail settings over msn ??

RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by toddy on 12-30-2005 at 07:45 PM

quote:
Thats whats happening to me too. And lj too (I talked to him on msn)

Toddy, care to send over your hotmail settings over msn ??
how do u mean hotmail settings ??
RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by Ezra on 12-30-2005 at 08:03 PM

If I get Live Mail will I still be abled to use hotmail with Outlook?

Does anyone know?

RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by absorbation on 12-30-2005 at 08:06 PM

Remember you must use IE to do so and make sure your settings match, plus it does not work the first but second time :P

RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by Lou on 12-30-2005 at 08:10 PM

You must do this twice remember that.

My hotmail settings:

English
Canada
Quebec
--------------------

Full and detailed instructions:

1. Sign in to hotmail.com
  2. Paste the link at the top
  3. Scroll down and click the sign up to beta button [or something of the like]
  4. Paste link at top again
  5. Repeat steps two and three
  6. Enjoy your new Windows Live Mail account
    [/list]

You should still be able to use hotmail for pop3 however you did it before hand. The only change is on the hotmail site, your interface is different

RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by onetouchspark on 12-30-2005 at 08:13 PM

if i have an email on hotmail.co.uk would it work?
I tried the other one also though and it didnt work.

RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by Lou on 12-30-2005 at 08:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by onetouchspark
It should. Don't take my word for it though.
RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by onetouchspark on 12-30-2005 at 08:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lou_habs
quote:
Originally posted by onetouchspark
It should. Don't take my word for it though.
thanks.well maybe i'll try tomorrow.cos today it simply doesnt work lol.
RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by qgroessl on 12-30-2005 at 10:50 PM

Eh... I'm too used to the old one.

RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by Dane on 12-31-2005 at 06:57 AM

WARNING: The activation part of this trick only applies to Internet Explorer 6.0, NOT Internet Explorer 7.0.    After activated in Internet Explorer 6.0, Windows Live Mail will work in Internet Explorer 7.0

This trick was posted on Neowin :p, tried it immediately.  Works mostly on old accounts, newer accounts might have issues getting it to work.

RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by Dox on 12-31-2005 at 08:45 AM

Cool. Thanks alot dude it really works.

RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by ~INVASION~ on 12-31-2005 at 10:29 AM

sweet, already had it but it does work as i tried it on another account.

(y)nice find

RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by Rik on 12-31-2005 at 10:36 AM

is it working with any @hotmail.co.uk accounts?

RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by toddy on 12-31-2005 at 12:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lou_habs
You must do this twice remember that.

My hotmail settings:

English
Canada
Quebec
--------------------

Full and detailed instructions:

1. Sign in to hotmail.com
  2. Paste the link at the top
  3. Scroll down and click the sign up to beta button [or something of the like]
  4. Paste link at top again
  5. Repeat steps two and three
  6. Enjoy your new Windows Live Mail account
    [/list]

You should still be able to use hotmail for pop3 however you did it before hand. The only change is on the hotmail site, your interface is different

i didn't even have to past the link twice, worked first time both times
RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by Nathan on 12-31-2005 at 12:27 PM

that's pretty sweet, how did you find that out?

RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by toddy on 12-31-2005 at 12:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Msg Plus Freak
quote:
Originally posted by Dane
This trick was posted on Neowin :p,

RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by Nathan on 12-31-2005 at 12:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by toddy
quote:
quote:
This trick was posted on Neowin :p,

Oh :$ :$

RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by brian on 12-31-2005 at 01:41 PM

damn absorbation copypasted this from neowin. =p

RE: RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by GiantSpider on 12-31-2005 at 01:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Cool Rik
is it working with any @hotmail.co.uk accounts?

Yah, 'cos me having a .co.uk account but with my settings saying I live in the US doesn't look susspicious does it............Stupid Microsoft. Cheers Absorbtion
RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by remember_987 on 12-31-2005 at 01:55 PM

that is sweet.... so it will work wit any account?

RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by John Anderton on 12-31-2005 at 02:12 PM

quote:

WARNING: The activation part of this trick only applies to Internet Explorer 6.0, NOT Internet Explorer 7.0.    After activated in Internet Explorer 6.0, Windows Live Mail will work in Internet Explorer 7.0
I using IE 7 :'(
What the hell should i do :-/
Bitches !! :blah:
RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by Lou on 12-31-2005 at 02:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by remember_987
that is sweet.... so it will work wit any account?
It should
quote:
ewer accounts might have issues getting it to work.
My account is relatively new. I sent my first email with it after I did this trick. And it worked fine:P
RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by remember_987 on 12-31-2005 at 02:14 PM

alright that is cool :D

RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by Rik on 12-31-2005 at 02:21 PM

quote:

I using IE 7
What the hell should i do
Bitches !!
ask some one to do it for you

RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by BeerBro on 12-31-2005 at 04:08 PM

hm... do you think we're officially in the beta? cuz when you go to http://ideas.live.com/ and sign in.. it doesn't say you're in the beta... (for me, it still says "sign up")

RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by John Anderton on 12-31-2005 at 05:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Cool Rik
quote:

I using IE 7
What the hell should i do
Bitches !!
ask some one to do it for you
Who's free ?? Ill change my password and stuff. And dont mess with my mails and dont read it ffs :-/
And btw, i thought of the idea CR but i didnt think anyone would do it for me :P
* John Anderton will ask the some ppl on msn tomorow :P

50 mins, party continues (H)
RE: RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by Zahid™ on 12-31-2005 at 05:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by BeerBro
hm... do you think we're officially in the beta? cuz when you go to http://ideas.live.com/ and sign in.. it doesn't say you're in the beta... (for me, it still says "sign up")

http://forum.mess.be/index.php?showtopic=14087&hl=
RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by RebelSean on 12-31-2005 at 08:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by BeerBro

quote:
Originally posted by Steve@MS Communicating with me
None of you joined the beta via ideas.live.com as it didn't exist when the
Kahuna beta started. We'll get you guys registered at some point soon so you
can have invitations to give out (don't worry, NO ONE has invitations right
now).  We'll send out some sort of communication in the near future.  No
worries for now :)

Steve

:)
RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by vaiper on 01-02-2006 at 09:03 AM

hey thanks Absorbation for that it worked fine thanks !

RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by Nathan on 01-02-2006 at 09:04 AM

Can I tell microsoft and they might make me a wlm tester :P:)

Can I once everybody has dont this trick :?

RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by John Anderton on 01-02-2006 at 09:07 AM

quote:
Can I tell microsoft and they might make me a wlm tester :P:)

Can I once everybody has dont this trick :?
For wlm, NO cause that happens through the connect/ideas website (depending upon whom you were invited by afaik)
RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by Nathan on 01-02-2006 at 09:10 AM

Okkk I was only messing, And anyway I havn't been invited :'(

RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by haydos on 01-02-2006 at 04:32 PM

Well done abbeh, worked a charm (y)

I didn't even have to change my mail settings from the Australian ones I have right now

RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by John Anderton on 01-02-2006 at 05:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by haydn

I didn't even have to change my mail settings from the Australian ones I have right now
It still isnt working for me :-/
And it isnt a IE7 thing like Dane said cause lj is on IE6 :sad:

* John Anderton needs to find someone who can do this for him without looking at all the "forward" mails in his account :dodgy:
RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by Voldemort on 01-02-2006 at 05:23 PM

Wont Work for me :(

RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by Chris4 on 01-02-2006 at 05:26 PM

Works for me :D

Thanks!!

If anyone wants help add me on MSNM and i'll guide you through it.

RE: RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by toddy on 01-03-2006 at 09:27 AM

quote:
quote:

* John Anderton needs to find someone who can do this for him without looking at all the "forward" mails in his account :dodgy:

8-):P
RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by onetouchspark on 01-03-2006 at 12:23 PM

quote:
quote:

I think it wont work anyway.I asked somebody to help and it still didnt work.Worth a try though.

RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by absorbation on 01-03-2006 at 01:37 PM

Everything still works someone tryed today and they said it works fine :)

RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by DJKAL on 01-08-2006 at 05:24 PM

i tried it, as stated to do, re-tried cos it didnt work and then it came up with the "windows live mail BETA" page and i clicked to join the BETA but .... it then just signed me into normal hotmail, im not sure if this is cos my settings arent as florida ... how do i change this?

RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by Ardoise on 01-08-2006 at 05:32 PM

Alas, didn't work. *Wails.*

RE: RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by Salem on 01-08-2006 at 09:49 PM

quote:

Unfortunately, i think is is not
RE: RE: RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by toddy on 01-09-2006 at 12:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Salem
quote:

Unfortunately, i think is is not

if theres a bug in there system then you can't be blaimed, so can't see anything illegal about it !!!
RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by giken on 01-09-2006 at 02:34 PM

It didn't work, I tried from various pc with various hotmail.com/.it accounts :(

RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by M73A on 01-09-2006 at 03:46 PM

doesnt want to work here:(

RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by RaPLeX on 01-09-2006 at 05:06 PM

It didn't work, :( :'(

RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by Chris4 on 01-09-2006 at 05:21 PM

It doesn't work any more, get over it!

RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by Matti on 01-09-2006 at 06:22 PM

It seems that you can only upgrade to Live Mail Beta when your account has been upgraded to 250 MB... :undecided:
Cause it doesn't works for me. :P Not that I care 'bout it! ;)

RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by Destruction on 01-09-2006 at 07:37 PM

quote:
It seems that you can only upgrade to Live Mail Beta when your account has been upgraded to 250 MB...
Cause it doesn't works for me.  Not that I care 'bout it!

I have done exactly that, I use to have 250mb, although I didn't use this way of becoming a tester, I got the email from microsoft inviting me.
RE: RE: RE: RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by Salem on 01-10-2006 at 03:24 PM

quote:
if theres a bug in there system then you can't be blaimed, so can't see anything illegal about it !!!

I am not saying i think it is illegal because of the errors.

The reason i say it might be illegal is because of the fact that this method allows you to use Windows Live Mail without receiving an invitation email or clicking on the green button in MSN Hotmail.

To me it's the same as people using Windows Live Messenger without receiving an invitation email. Maybe my thinking is wrong though.
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by toddy on 01-10-2006 at 04:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Salem
quote:

I am not saying i think it is illegal because of the errors.

The reason i say it might be illegal is because of the fact that this method allows you to use Windows Live Mail without receiving an invitation email or clicking on the green button in MSN Hotmail.

To me it's the same as people using Windows Live Messenger without receiving an invitation email. Maybe my thinking is wrong though.

there problem not yours, they at fault so it isn't illegal

if it was ilegal this thread would have been very quickly removed
RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by PaPalemon on 03-16-2006 at 03:32 PM

Is it just me or everyone got an invitation for Windows live Mail?

I just received an invitation for both my accounts. just wanted to know if everyone got it... bleh dunnoe wat i want to say........

RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by John Anderton on 03-16-2006 at 03:37 PM

Well i for one got an invite from microsoft soon after i couldnt get this to work :)

RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by zaher1988 on 03-16-2006 at 03:45 PM

HUH! i got the invitation without even cheating nor changing my location:P

by default it is lebanon! and i got an invitation from microsoft even though my location is still lebanon ( lol i dont mean physicaly:P i mean the profile).

RE: I just had to make you all Live Mail Testers by PaPalemon on 03-16-2006 at 03:48 PM

Wierd... both my accounts are Singapore... haha i didn't change anything except few years ago when they started offering 250 mb of email space... lolz... wat i want to know if ms has started mass invite the public ^^