Shoutbox

Sponser Not Leaving - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Sponser Not Leaving (/showthread.php?tid=54432)

Sponser Not Leaving by ScarredEclipse on 12-31-2005 at 03:23 PM

The sponser ad-stuff in Messenger Plus! will not go away. I've reinstalled it, and clicked the option to not ad the sponser-stuff to it, but it's still putting itself in my favourites list, and won't let me delete it or get rid of it. What do I do? It's the same thing that happened the last time with it, so I know it's Plus!. But I can't get it to go away.

RE: Sponser Not Leaving by qgroessl on 12-31-2005 at 03:25 PM

Read the installation clearer... It's near impossible to accidently install the sponsor anymore. I don't have the little diagram for the installation process.... But I'm sure it'll be posted.

Look at this thread.

RE: Sponser Not Leaving by L. Coyote on 12-31-2005 at 03:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ScarredEclipse
I've reinstalled it, and clicked the option to not ad the sponser-stuff to it, but it's still putting itself in my favourites list
To uninstall the sponsor you must go to Start => Control Panel => Add/Remove Programs

Click on Messenger Plus! 3 and "Remove". You will be prompted to delete MsgPlus! or just its sponsor.

More detailed instructions can be found on this thread.
RE: Sponser Not Leaving by absorbation on 12-31-2005 at 03:43 PM

Have you closed your Internet Browser?

RE: Sponser Not Leaving by Sunshine on 12-31-2005 at 03:44 PM

One thing i often miss when people explain how to remove the sponsor is the fact that one needs to close their internetbrowser fully (complete exit) whilst uninstalling. Forgetting about this is the nr. 1 cause of the sponsor not fully uninstalling! Followed by cripling the uninstaller due to use of ad/spyware removers. Remember what is in use can't be uninstalled! Therefor exit MSN and your internetbrowser (fully) whilst uninstalling.

RE: Sponser Not Leaving by remember_987 on 12-31-2005 at 06:09 PM

cool i had the same problem wit the sponsor

RE: Sponser Not Leaving by ScarredEclipse on 12-31-2005 at 07:52 PM

I'll close IE when I take it off. I'll let you guys know if that solved the problem. It should.

Thanks for the advice.

It is not working. I closed IE and MSN when I did it. I've deleted it off the computer. I don't know what else to do. Somebody please help.
If you uninstall it, does it stay on other accounts on the computer? Do you have to go through the same thing, closing IE and MSN, on the other account that has Plus?
RE: Sponser Not Leaving by Lou on 12-31-2005 at 08:32 PM

please, do NOT triple post.
----

The worst thing you could do is try to manually delete this. You will have to install messenger plus! with the sponsor, then follow the above instructions again.

RE: Sponser Not Leaving by Supersonicdarky on 12-31-2005 at 09:02 PM

it could be that if you have multiple users that they had ie open :undecided:

RE: Sponser Not Leaving by Anubis on 12-31-2005 at 09:33 PM

Download Messenger Plus again, and install the sponsor program again (click I accept on the sponsor program screen).
Make sure any anti-virus\spyware\adware programs that you have are not running, and that they do not have an active scan mode enabled.
Now Go to add\remove programs, uninstall the sponsor program here, follow the uninstaller. Then reboot your computer.

RE: Sponser Not Leaving by ScarredEclipse on 01-01-2006 at 02:02 AM

I'm sorry about posting so much. If I need to post again in the future like that, I will simply edit my post, instead of adding on.

And Anubis, I could just kiss you. Your suggestion worked. (Thanks to everyone else who tried to help, it was greatly appreciated) The sponsor stuff is gone, thank God.

Thanks again.